Buy Today and utilize the Price Guarantee!

corbindad

Everyone keeps asking what time they should get in line to get a particular item. Unless you like waiting in lines, the thing to do is go to the store before Thursday and buy the item (perhaps at regular price). Then on Friday, get to the store right when the doors open. Let the people that have been waiting in line all night long file in and head for the good stuff. All you have to do is head for the Service Desk before the lines start getting backed up. Tell the clerk that you noticed the item you purchased earlier is now on sale and you'd like them to price match their ad. They'll be happy to do it and you'll be in and out in under 10 minutes.

I did this last year and will be doing it again this year. I've already purchased 2 of the 15" Advent LCD TV's (store only had 4 in stock) and the AT&T 5.8 GHZ phone system. I was very candid with the clerk that rang me up yesterday and told her what my plan was. She complimented my cunningness and confirmed that I would have no problems on Friday morning.

I have to admit; I think there is a real rush in the "stampede", but I'm getting too old to stand outside my local Best Buy for 8 hours just to assure that I'll get what I want when the doors open. Remember....shop smarter, not harder!

Everyone keeps asking what time they should get in line to get a particular item. Unless you like waiting in lines, the thing to do is go to the store before Thursday and buy the item (perhaps at regular price). Then on Friday, get to the store right when the doors open. Let the people that have been waiting in line all night long file in and head for the good stuff. All you have to do is head for the Service Desk before the lines start getting backed up. Tell the clerk that you noticed the item you purchased earlier is now on sale and you'd like them to price match their ad. They'll be happy to do it and you'll be in and out in under 10 minutes.

I did this last year and will be doing it again this year. I've already purchased 2 of the 15" Advent LCD TV's (store only had 4 in stock) and the AT&T 5.8 GHZ phone system. I was very candid with the clerk that rang me up yesterday and told her what my plan was. She complimented my cunningness and confirmed that I would have no problems on Friday morning.

I have to admit; I think there is a real rush in the "stampede", but I'm getting too old to stand outside my local Best Buy for 8 hours just to assure that I'll get what I want when the doors open. Remember....shop smarter, not harder!

let me explain this to you, so maybe people will stop posting this. THEY WILL NOT PRICEMATCH ON BLACKFRIDAY. customer service will more then likely be CLOSED. if its not closed, its not going to matter anyway because they create SPECIAL SKU's for black friday items. THEY DO NOT HAVE THE SAME MODEL NUMBER AS A NORMAL ITEM.

its not going to work.

Great idea however, most stores will not match prices (even their own) on Black Friday. This goes for Wal Mart and Best Buy, I've asked both.

SOMEWHERE ON THIS SITE i READ THAT BB SENT OUT AN EMAIL THAT SOMEONE3 SAW and it forbids the price match.

Welcome to the community to all of you who have posted on this thread.

Below are some threads that talk about price matching and BB. BB this year wont price match this year.

Here are some threads on the subject:

http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=54603

http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=55103

http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=48815

Good luck and remember that gottadeal.com is open year around so please stick around after BF.

Sorry guys. My store must be an anomoly. They did it last year and I've been assured that it will not be a problem this year. FYI....the sku's match.

they do not match, bud. check the doorbuster laptop for example. the model they will be selling is dvn1603 or something like that. the current model for sale is 1608. not the same product, technically.

Not wanting to add fuel to the fire here but people who believe that their BB will price match on BF need to get it in writing. The AD specifically says it will not so no matter who tells u something different, if you do not have that promise in writing, you're really not going to have a leg to stand on. Whoever told u that could claim on BF they had no idea of the policy change or that they dont remember telling u that and that there is really nothing they can do about it if you were not there at 5 am to rebuy at that price with a ticket. Let's face it, that's more money in their pocket if u buy it now and then they dont let you do a price adjustment. Wishing everyone luck who tries this though.

Here's the deal (I think). Stores like BB and especially WM have done price matching in the past, but recently they have gotten smarter. They change the packaging, UPC codes, whatever so they don't have the hassle with a lot of price matching on BF. Maybe some employees don't realize the company's new strategies so they're giving customers faulty information. Who knows? It's silly for us to argue because we know from past years that we all have very different experienes on BF depending on where we are!

I'd just like to clarify something: price match is different than price adjusting. Price match would be matching a different store's price on a particular item, while price adjusting would be changing the price on something you recently bought at Best Buy, now that it's on sale. Best Buy has said "Best Buy's price match policy does not apply to items in this ad and is not valid on prior purchases" which I think makes it pretty clear that price matching isn't going to happen. This also seems to rule out price adjustments, but I have a hunch that this isn't completely true, since I'm not even sure they can legally do that (based on their existing policy). In any case, there are no guarantees.

Guest qwkslvr86

In regards to the 32" Westinhouse LCD HDTV for $479 on BF. BB does not currently have this model for sale on the storeroom floor (W3213), however, I had an employee check if they had any of this model in stock. He checked the computer and found that they had 17 in the back room. So, I purchased the TV (Model W3213) at full price $799, and I will be bringing in the receipt to have the price adjusted on BF. If they want to give me crap, I will be returning the TV, and then immediately re-purchasing it. I talked to two sales associates, and they said that if they wouldn't adjust the price. I would have to physically return it and then re-purchase it right back. Best case situation...they price match it. Worst case....I have to physically return it and re-purchase it. Horrible case scenario....I have to return it because they will not resell it to me (although I can't see what ground they have to stand in this case.)

Please let me know your thoughts.

In regards to the 32" Westinhouse LCD HDTV for $479 on BF. BB does not currently have this model for sale on the storeroom floor (W3213), however, I had an employee check if they had any of this model in stock. He checked the computer and found that they had 17 in the back room. So, I purchased the TV (Model W3213) at full price $799, and I will be bringing in the receipt to have the price adjusted on BF. If they want to give me crap, I will be returning the TV, and then immediately re-purchasing it. I talked to two sales associates, and they said that if they wouldn't adjust the price. I would have to physically return it and then re-purchase it right back. Best case situation...they price match it. Worst case....I have to physically return it and re-purchase it. Horrible case scenario....I have to return it because they will not resell it to me (although I can't see what ground they have to stand in this case.)

Best Buy has there customer service desk closed on BF from 5am to 12noon and this is to prevent price matching. If you really want this TV I would just camp out. With you plan you posted above there are too many ways it can backfire on you.

Good luck and welcome to the community!

It sounds like a good plan... I actually thought about doing it myself. LOL. But they nipped it in the bud when I called and they said they won't price match or price adjust anything that is in the 7 hour sale. They will price match and price adjust anything else in the ad.

I didn't even think to ask Customer Service when I called if they would even be opened during the 7 hours.

Why don't you go ahead and call you BB and find out if Customer Service will be open during the 7 hours? If they are open, you will get a better idea of your chances.

Good luck and let us know how it works out. :)

lets face it we know all what the ad says but in real life we know not every manager is gonna go by the rules, and with that said i think we can all agree some stores will pre-sale some things as mine did and by the way the model is the same as the door buster one is but so i am not suprised some others are saying that othe bb stores are doing this i know that i went back and reafirmed with the manager and got his name and what type of manager he is just in case.......as for the service counter being open during the 5 am morning i was told it would be open at least in my store that im going to ........good luck to everyone :)

I mean..... PEOPLE! this kind of activity is crazy....Why try to get it and fight for it..JUST THINK OF THE STRESS YOU AND everyone around you will suffer with this kind of purchase ploy.............Just take a deep breath and relax wfe

We're kind of in the same boat. We got the Westinghouse 19" LCD widescreen HD-ready TV today and were told we could get the price adjusted on BF. They only had two of them in the store, so we figured we'd better jump on it. We can't get in line because my husband works until 7:00 a.m. and I am at home with two small children and no one else to watch them. (We'd love to get a crack at a Toshiba laptop, but it just ain't gonna happen - they'll be long gone by the time he gets off work.)

After reading this thread, I called him at work just now. He's going to go back to the store tomorrow and check again, and if he can't get a guarantee in writing, he'll just return the TV. We sure don't plan to spend $400 on it.

Guest mirandaanddreco

Sorry guys. My store must be an anomoly. They did it last year and I've been assured that it will not be a problem this year. FYI....the sku's match.

I called 4 different stores 2 in Ga and 2 in SC they all said they WILL NOT price match

A signed letter from a manager will not supersede a legal and binding ad.

DETAILS Quantities on all items on this page are limited. No rainchecks or substitutions. Not available at Best Buy stores in Iowa and Nebraska, BestBuy.com®, or by phone. Best Buy's price match policy does not apply to items on this page and is not valid on prior purchases.

I think you should be stuck with the $400 TV.:yup:

You don't think we should be allowed to return it (assuming BB won't price match as they told us they would) and give someone else the opportunity to buy it at the sale price?

That makes no sense to me, but OK...whatever. You're entitled to your opinion. :)