What is your least favortie part of the holidays?

EmConMom

In-laws!!! They only call on holidays, because we give good gifts. My husband had a falling out w/ his dad 2 years ago, and his mom and sibs 6 months ago. None have called since. Guess how many calls we received today, to invite us to TG, to eat a frozen jennie-o turkey brest in a foil pan (with gravy!), kraft mac & cheese, potato buds, and some brown and serve rolls! Oh and a bowl of lettuce and some oreos for desert. They just wanna butter us up for christmas, lol! Or generic margarine us up.

amyers it's no wonder the in-laws are your least favorite part of the holidays!!!!!

My least favorite is putting all the decorations away and I HATE HATE HATE wrapping presents!!! I've started buying lots of neat little tins and boxes and stuffing what I can into those and just putting some nice ribbons on them and calling it done. Of course for my kids (2 years old) I have to do wrapping and I also could kick myself for buying WAY too much!!:eek:

I hate the fact that my Mother and Brother are no longer with us, I hate the fact the rest of my family is do far away that we can not spend the holiday's with them, I hate the fact that my Father in law decided that he and my mother in law should travel to Texas for the winter and they left yesterday and wont be back till April. It wont be the same with out her.

I hate the fact that to many people are alone on the holiday's with no one.

I hate the fact the Holiday's only last 30 day's the sites, the sounds and the food, to much to do in so little time

Inlaws are on the top of my list. I don't even think DH wants to see or talk to his mom this year. We haven't spoken to his older brother and sister for 2 1/2 years now and I think he is about to tell his mom where to stick it also. His mom lives about 3-4 hours away but she comes to town a lot to see the oldest and youngest boys and their families and her daughter and her family when they are in town but she hardly ever calls or comes to see DH, I and the kids. Half the time we don't even know she is in town until we see her truck somewhere or DH's younger brother mentions it. She also does major favoritism (sp?) with the grandkids. She is always buying or making some kind of clothes or blanket for all the other grandkids except for our three. DH was always the black sheep of the family and now they are treating our kids the same way and DH is sick of it. Boy could I tell some stories about that family!

Taking down the decorations would be second on my list then last but not least the long winter months ahead. I love snow I just don't like the cold.

I hate the fact that my Mother and Brother are no longer with us, I hate the fact the rest of my family is do far away that we can not spend the holiday's with them

Same here except it's the fact that my mom and dad are no longer here and my family is also 4 hours away from me.

I also hate and detest standing in long lines to be checked out during this time of year and to see plenty of lines that are closed. Every check out line should be open this time of year.

And I hate to see rude customers be ugly towards the cashier once they get to be checked out. I really feel for the cashier this time of year because they have to deal with so many people and so many being rude towards them.

Inlaws are on the top of my list. I don't even think DH wants to see or talk to his mom this year. We haven't spoken to his older brother and sister for 2 1/2 years now and I think he is about to tell his mom where to stick it also. His mom lives about 3-4 hours away but she comes to town a lot to see the oldest and youngest boys and their families and her daughter and her family when they are in town but she hardly ever calls or comes to see DH, I and the kids. Half the time we don't even know she is in town until we see her truck somewhere or DH's younger brother mentions it. She also does major favoritism (sp?) with the grandkids. She is always buying or making some kind of clothes or blanket for all the other grandkids except for our three. DH was always the black sheep of the family and now they are treating our kids the same way and DH is sick of it. Boy could I tell some stories about that family!

Taking down the decorations would be second on my list then last but not least the long winter months ahead. I love snow I just don't like the cold.

At least yours has a truck, LOl! same boat here, expept my DH is the black sheep, but he's the only one that owns a house, drives a nice truck, has a good job, or even any job, etc. He's the best, and so are our kids, but the other kids all 'need extra loving'. my MIL moved in with BIL and his wife to help take care of the baby when he was born. (3 months later than my daughter) didn't move out until he was almost 2. Doesn't even call mine on their bdays.

The only good part about this is that if we go, DH will liquor me up and he'll drive, so i'll have a decent time, LOL!!!

At least yours has a truck, LOl! same boat here, expept my DH is the black sheep

Well she wouldn't have her truck if she wasn't hiding it in a walmart parking lot in the next town over from her! One of those buy here pay here places has been at her house so many times to repo that truck it's not even funny. Yeah, DH is the black sheep in his family and now they are starting to treat our kids the same way.

I agree with alot others on here, having family far away. My brother (my only sibling) lives far away and we have not all been together on christmas for about 12 or 13 years. Last year was hard because my mom and dad went out to spend christmas with my brother and his family so it was just me, my so and my dd. I really missed not having my parents with us for x-mas day. It just was not the same. I am glad they are home this year. Although I do feel bad for my brother and his kids because they hardly get to spend christmas with my parents.