Iowa and Illinois --- pilot program --- not honoring national ads?

badboy1072

just some stores in IL and IOWA the only reason our store did not do this is because of the peoria store did not but the store across the river in davenport is so im not sure which stores are they claim more money was made doing this than just a regular black friday

theyclaim it but they just lost over $1000 in business from me, and Im sure many other people. Oh and dont forget about all of us not buying our Monster cables and Product replacement plans for our HDTVs

I used to work in IA BBY, and well I can tell its been going downhill for the store in my area, but this just clearly shows that they just dont care. Although I cant believe they did this in Nebraska, there are some rather large stores there.

fyi the "second" bf ad the 15$ gift card one, is only for NE and IA

so if you live in Illinois, they should have to honor the national ad, it clearly states on it, (bottom right front page) that it only excludes them two.

looks like Im pitchin a tent elsewhere this year

theyclaim it but they just lost over $1000 in business from me, and Im sure many other people. Oh and dont forget about all of us not buying our Monster cables and Product replacement plans for our HDTVs

I used to work in IA BBY, and well I can tell its been going downhill for the store in my area, but this just clearly shows that they just dont care. Although I cant believe they did this in Nebraska, there are some rather large stores there.

fyi the "second" bf ad the 15$ gift card one, is only for NE and IA

so if you live in Illinois, they should have to honor the national ad, it clearly states on it, (bottom right front page) that it only excludes them two.

looks like Im pitchin a tent elsewhere this year

they do clain in some IL stores you can have one or the othe but not both either the ad price or the gift cift. for every $100 spent:eyepoppin

This thoroughly pisses me off!!! :mad: I was going to go to a best buy in IA (just over the river from where I live in WI) to get that 32" westinghouse tv, but now I can't get that for $479. I would have to drive an hour and half to the next closet best buy, and since I work at 6 that morning, I am screwed! screw best buy!!!!!

if this many people are pissed off about it, it might just be worth my time to stop by BB and check it out. hoping they don't do this next year cause i was really wanting to camp out next year :(

are the "secret" deals shown online not valid for iowa or neb either?

geez - look at the bright side - I think we're getting the best of the deal. There weren't any 7 hour specials I wanted, but now that 400 dollar projector is 340; the 700 dollar Hitachi is 595 (wow) and I can buy the Core 2 Duo laptop I wanted that wasn't even in the flyer, and get a 150 bucks back.

I ain't crying. Bring it on. ;)

I stopped in best buy in sioux city iowa tonight to pick up a gift card. She told me that they were going to have a local ad but it sounded like they were still going to honor the national ad b/c people around here have seen it. I told her that the 5 special items were released on the internet. She said if the company released it, they would probably have to honor it or risk losing business. She wouldn't tell me what the local thing was. She also said that as far as she knew, they were going to price match.

Those of us in Iowa just got royally screwed!. We're stuck with the pilot program. I wasn't after any of the big items - just the cds and dvds that were on sale in the nationwide ad. I was probably going to spend around 50-75 dollars. So it's not enough to get a gift card, so I get to spend regular prices. Sorry best buy - you just lost my business to a fleece robe at walmart. At least there I get a sale price

:eek:

Our ad is different from the national ad! We get a gift card for every $100 we spend. That might be ok if you are planning on spending that much. But I was going after CDs and DVDs - only about 50-75 total. So I get to pay full price for everything. What were they thinking!!!! Even the secret ads at walmart are better than this deal!

Our ad is different from the national ad! We get a gift card for every $100 we spend. That might be ok if you are planning on spending that much. But I was going after CDs and DVDs - only about 50-75 total. So I get to pay full price for everything. What were they thinking!!!! Even the secret ads at walmart are better than this deal!

Oh man, that suuuuuuuucks

Some states do that, for some reason.

I have heard of some places offering a gift card, others nothing at all. It really does suck and I feel for ya.

For some people (definately me), the doorbuster sale is the only sale of the year when they can buy something very nice. I have been off from work since August 22nd for a smashed ankle (2 broken bones in it) and a dislocated knee which ended up needing surgery last week. Workers comp doesn't pay me even near what I made with all the overtime I was putting in.

To top it off, I just got married Sept. 30th so this is my chance ya know ? I cannot imagine what I would do with no doorbusters.

Honestly, if I were you I'd take a drive and find the closest Best Buy offering the doorbuster sales. Make it a mission! :yup:

Unfortunately, the closest are either Omaha or sioux falls SD - both are close to 100 miles away. I sent an email to corporate - curious to see if I get a response.

Someone mentioned in another thread that some states it is against state law or something to sell below cost.

I'll try to find that thread, it explained it more.

Unfortunately, the closest are either Omaha or sioux falls SD - both are close to 100 miles away. I sent an email to corporate - curious to see if I get a response.

Don't bother with sioux falls unless you get there around 8PM.. if you wait until 10PM it will be too late to get any of the doorbusters... and that was last year.. this year you might shoot for 6PM or even earlier.

There are two iowa threads going... just posted this in the other one...

Well, in our ad.. it says in the bottom left corner "Check out BestBuy.com for BONUS Thanksgiving specials plus research all our 7-hour in-store specials"

Don't you think that means door busters?