Iowa and Illinois --- pilot program --- not honoring national ads?

badboy1072

I think it is rewarding us folks who know how to use the internet, because our Iowa ad clearly says goto bestbuy.com to get the rest of the 7 hour specials..

read the ad you "cant" buy the 7 hour ones online.......da! as for the gift certif. program they clain they made more money doing that than any other type of promotion they had ran during this time last year .......so they say...:eyepoppin

No, what I'm saying is my local ad, says check out bestbuy.com to for Bonus Thanksgiving Specials, plus research all our 7-hour in-store specials.

Why would they tell you to go online to check out the doorbusters if they won't honor them?

What did the ad look like in the area's not having door busters? When you log on and pull up your ad by zip on the website does it not show the door busters? I am getting ready to leave and want to make sure I just had a bad paper since it had a 7 day ad in it for BB and thats it. I'm all parinoid now lol

It says on the 7 hour page listing all items that:

DETAILS Quantities on all items on this page are limited. No rainchecks or substitutions. Not available at Best Buy stores in Iowa and Nebraska, BestBuy.com®, or by phone. Best Buy's price match policy does not apply to items on this page and is not valid on prior purchases.

Nice, that's about the last time I ever go to Best Buy.

I had a lady in the Omaha store tell me if I brought in the ad she would honor it, I wanted the 32" westy and she said they had 15. Last night the circuit city online deals happened and I got the 32" Olevia for $5 cheaper. Paid $5 for three day shipping, glad I dont have to wait in line, and hope.

My son got me the Westinghouse 32" LCD for the national price in West Des Moines in this morning. They refused to give him the national price and the gift cards (that's $60). I'm going to talk to the store manager tomorrow and if I don't get the gift cards I will complain to corporate and file a fraud complaint with the Iowa Attorney General's office. No where in the add did it say either the national price or the gift cards and that's what they told my son at the store.

Bought the 32 Inch Westinghouse today. Not in the dubuque, ia ad but they still handed out tickets before the doors opened. So not sure why the ad did not list them. I did not get the gift card deal though but don;t care. I got the tv and it is an excellent tv!!

Badhoy, if you look at the bottom of the first page of the Iowa ad, I thought it said that the gift card ad was not valid with any other promotion. What I got from that was you could either get the national ad price, or the gift card, but not both. Dunno.

:D

Badhoy, if you look at the bottom of the first page of the Iowa ad, I thought it said that the gift card ad was not valid with any other promotion. What I got from that was you could either get the national ad price, or the gift card, but not both. Dunno.

the store in the quad cities (IL) told me you could either get both but i bought a 42 inch westy today and they told me since you get national ad price no gift certif i was like the 100 person in line i got a 32 westy and a 42 inch westy plus i bought a advent the week before it went on sale and they priced matched it when i went to the service desk i was the 2 person in line and they told me they dont like price matching but they did it so all is good now:):yup::D

screw best buy!!! I was going to go to dubuque at midnight, but I was told that they wouldn't have the national stuff when I called, so I didn't go until later. Now I find out they had the 32" tv I wanted, and on top of that, I didn't the 19" samsung LCD I wanted either. Man I am pissed right now!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

was any of them door buster they told me no gift cards on door busters:(

some you could and some you could not, if you couldnt the ticket said no gift card on it but everyone that we had did not say no. i think there were some tvs that didnt have it