Do Not Buy Baby Alive (Very Bad Experience)

EmConMom

Hopefully this will save some from making bad purchase as I did. My daughter just got this for her birthday this past weekend. Exacty 3 hours after she had her, she had given her two bottles, and fed her one time. Her lip color is coming off, the face around the eyes is cracking and her rubbery face just looks gross.:mad: :mad:

We paid 39.99 for this doll and it is falling apart in less than a day. I wrote the company and am awaiting a reply to my email. I am very disappointed, it is such a waste of money.

I would be returning it as soon asap. That's way too much to pay for a babydoll and then for that to happen. And yep I agree with Bayhaysay they creep me out as well! lol I always look at them and think oh that thing is gonna start talking any second now. I think I watch too many movies.

Hopefully this will save some from making bad purchase as I did. My daughter just got this for her birthday this past weekend. Exacty 3 hours after she had her, she had given her two bottles, and fed her one time. Her lip color is coming off, the face around the eyes is cracking and her rubbery face just looks gross.:mad: :mad:

We paid 39.99 for this doll and it is falling apart in less than a day. I wrote the company and am awaiting a reply to my email. I am very disappointed, it is such a waste of money.

The directions with the doll tell you how to clean the face. Could the cracking be dried food? My daughters have been playing with theirs for a couple of weeks now and it just needs to be cleaned often with soap and water.

I can only hope you get your money back. That is ridiculous. Its bad enough its so expensive but when it does that after only a few hours of play is bad. I hope the company/and or store takes care of this for you. Thankfully I didn't get this doll. On my daughters list, but I wasn't going to buy it anyway

I had one in the 70's and I played with it ALL THE TIME!! I just loved it! But I know what you mean about companies not making things the way they used to. It seems like now they just see how many they can push out in a day's time just to get the money rolling in. Since I have 2 boys and no girls I don't know what these new ones look like, but they must be pretty bad to be creeping people out.

Thanks for the heads up I was gonna get one for my 3 y/o, & then my 8 y/o asked for it too, but she changed her mind and said Amazing Amanda instead, this is 2nd year shes asked for her (I wasnt paying $100 for a doll last year, since the price has come down Ill more than likely get it. Those dolls creep me out too but as long as its in her room at night Ill be fine LOL. Well see how Amazing Amanda turns out.

That doll was a piece of junk in the 70's and they brought it back in the 90's. It had a big recall in the 90's too.

This is one doll I steered my daughter clear of this year.

me too! my daughter had it circled in the TRU book and I talked her out of it thank god!!

she's 7 and it was easy all i had to say was your getting to old for babies , aren't you a big girl and she agreed and said she did not want it!:bow:

Those dolls are creepy. They look part alien and part ugly baby! They were orginally from the 70's and brought back in the 90's. They were recalled in 90's because if the food was cleaned properly from the stomach they started to grow worms in the belly or smelled so disguting they had to be thrown away.:yuck:

me too! my daughter had it circled in the TRU book and I talked her out of it thank god!!

she's 7 and it was easy all i had to say was your getting to old for babies , aren't you a big girl and she agreed and said she did not want it!:bow:

I am going to keep my daughter playingwith dolls as long as I can. I don't want her growing up too fast.

Same here!!! These are just crap. I bought one for my daughter and took it back 5 hours later. All it does is ask for food. Every damn 5 minutes "Mommy, I'm hungry". And the food for it is expensive. My daughter said "Daddy, I don't like that baby". She has a $10.00 doll that my mom gave here and loves it. It doesn't even do anything.

Its a DOLL! There is NO doll that's worth a $100. None. Nada. No way, no how.

The American Girl dolls are. They are beautiful. :)

I ordered a My Twinn doll for my niece and thought she was well worth it. However, trying to get a lock of hair off my niece with out my hairdress sister-in-law noticing was a challenge.