Price Match Westy 42" LCD

armstve

Here's my plan... buy the 42" Westy within 14 days of BF, try to price adjust/match during early bird hours (worked at my BB last year with a camcorder) Worst case scenario is that they won't do it and I'll just return it. I'll be within the 14 day return policy. Anyone see any flaws in this plan. (besides not actually having a tv if I have to return it)

Here's my plan... buy the 42" Westy within 14 days of BF, try to price adjust/match during early bird hours (worked at my BB last year with a camcorder) Worst case scenario is that they won't do it and I'll just return it. I'll be within the 14 day return policy. Anyone see any flaws in this plan. (besides not actually having a tv if I have to return it)

In the new colored BB ad, their PM is not in effect for the two day sale. Says in fine print on the bottom of the front page flyer. :(

I have one question and a couple of thoughts.

1. Is there a restocking fee? This would totally kill this idea if it was like 10% or something.

I would have to believe that if you brought a tv back and there wasnt a restocking fee, I would expect this would become a manager based decision should the return be denied by the return cashier. I would doubt the manager would risk accepting the return and have to restock the TV as an "Open Box Item" at a reduced selling price. In past expierences, BB pulled a quite a bit of stock off the floor to avoid having to make these decisions.

I may try to get around this by purchasing one in advance, keeping it in the box, and then returning/re-buying it at any time during the sale.

The worst that could happen is that they do not want to re-sell it to me, but I do not see how they could justify not selling me an obviously in-stock item during the sale.

:yup:

Here is a thread on BB price matching and customer service desk during BF.

http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=54055

Welcome to the community!

Last year my BB had the service counter open all morning. I purchased a panasonic DV recorder a few days before and returned repurchased without a problem. If I buy the 42 LCD ahead of time I will not open the box. What's this about the fine print on the ad... was that there last year? Maybe still return then repurchase is the way to try.

Price Match or Return/Rebuy -- either way I'd be very careful about trying any of this on BF without knowing in advance if it will work. All of their normal policies may be out the door on that day. And some locations may decide to do things their own way no matter what BB corp says. Of course if it doesn't work, then you can just return it then or after BF and wait for the next sale that comes along...

This is BB price matching policy :

What if I find a lower price at another Best Buy store or on BestBuy.com?

If an item you purchased at Best Buy is advertised at a lower price at another Best Buy store in your local area or on BestBuy.com within 30 days of your original receipt purchase (14 days for select categories*), we will refund you 100% of the price difference. Simply bring in your original Best Buy receipt to the customer service counter while that lower price is still in effect. Clearance items, open-box items or Web-exclusive offers advertised on BestBuy.com are not eligible for price matching.

Bottom line is, if your customer service counter is OPEN DURING BF 5am - 11am, you can get it PM'd. If customer service is closed, just the registers are open for ringing up sales, no PM.

The ad specifically says "Best Buy's price match policy does not apply to items in this ad and is not valid on prior purchases." This can be found in the red section on the bottom of page 23, right above the HAPPY SHOPPING!.

That sounds to me like it is a no go on price matching. The only way I could see a way around it is to make the purchase before BF, return it during the sale hours with original receipt (to get the full refund, otherwise they will only give you the amount of the sale price at that time), and then somehow convince the BB employee to let you have the item back so that you can repurchase.

No clue if that would work, since I've never tried it. To me, it sounds very unfair to do this, but I can't say I wouldn't do it if I had to have an item that badly and wanted to save some $. Worse thing that would happen would be that you could return the item on or after BF and get a full refund, but may not be able to repurchase the item.