speed stack

ajforeveryoung

My kids 8 and 10 years old have been playing this game at school in P.E. They love it and have both asked for it for christmas. Problem is I have no idea what it is or where to find it. Do you think it will be a door buster item anywhere? :cheesy:

Go to http://www.speedstacks.com/WhereToBuy.html?hover=%5Btype+Function%5D&rollout=%5Btype+Function%5D&pressMe=%5Btype+Function%5D

The sets are just under $30 from everyone online, including the official store. Wal-mart might be cheaper by about a dollar.

Guest narrowband
Why are they playing this in PE? Wouldn't kids get bored with this after a couple minutes? They're cups, you stack them and then unstack them.

DH and I have come to the conclusion that this game was thought up by a group of bored drunk frat boys. But you can use the little plastic party cups like the ones you can get from walmart for like $3 and they work just as well.

:rotflol: yeah once they got tired of beer pong.. they played with the glasses this way

too funny!

No offense to the poster asking for help here. But this post just cracked me up!

My kids 8 and 10 years old have been playing this game at school in P.E. They love it and have both asked for it for christmas. Problem is I have no idea what it is or where to find it. Do you think it will be a door buster item anywhere? :cheesy:

Walmart,target,tru and kbtoys carries it and in the listed ad items for BF at kbtoys it is listed for $19.99 my DS10 has requested this as well.

I've seen this on TV, they have national tornaments

and everything. I think it would be worth the $20 if

they really want to get into it. Maybe you can buy

some plain plastic cups now to make sure they really

want it and if they still do, I'd spend the $20!

Speed Stacking was also done in my DD's 5th grade P.E. last year. I was told it was for agility and hand/eye co-ordination. The kids had the chance to order sets from the place the school bought them. My DD wanted them and I wouldn't purchase so she used her own money....she now wishes she still had the $18! She used them for about two days and then was done, hasn't touched them since.

Styrofoam cups wouldn't work but possibly the plastic cups would be ok.

I thought this would be good for my 13 year old. he likes things that he tries to beat his own record on. like juggling longer then last time. or hacky sack. and these you try to beat your own time. but I thought it was kinda high at walmart. the only reason I think regular plastic cups wouldn't work is that the cups you buy are vented so they don't get suction built up between them so they slip apart fast. I was hoping I would see a big sale this season becasue I can't pay the price they are asking for on these.

DH and I have come to the conclusion that this game was thought up by a group of bored drunk frat boys. But you can use the little plastic party cups like the ones you can get from walmart for like $3 and they work just as well.

We played Stack the Cup as a drinking game in college. I'm sure some marketing company will be selling a dixie glass and a quarter next year for $20.