Why dosen't Walmart price mach other Walmarts?

Adamtanderson

We have 2 Walmarts in town. I find it anoying that I never know which store will have the lower price on new release movies. If I go to one store and they have it for $15.99 and I go to the other stor seling it for $19.99 they won't mache the $15.99 price of the other store. Anybody know why not?

That's weird. The walmarts here will PM each other. I did that with a ring that I bought. It was $40 higher at one walmart than the other and when I decided to get it I was in the walmart with the higher price so they just called the other one to confirm the price and that's what they sold it to me for.

I don't get the price match here in WI either, they had the Compaq Laptop for $538.00 on 11/5/06 but the Rockford, IL flyer had it for $398.00 and the Wisconsin store would not price match, I spoke to a manager direct....

So I didn't buy it.

I don't get the price match here in WI either, they had the Compaq Laptop for $538.00 on 11/5/06 but the Rockford, IL flyer had it for $398.00 and the Wisconsin store would not price match, I spoke to a manager direct....

So I didn't buy it.

If it's a state law in WI, why are you blaming walmart. Your stores would be selling it at $398 like everyone else if you didn't have the state law. Write your congressman, don't yell at the store mgr.

Guest abercrombieboy2
well we will match certain prices but not clearance or sale prices, here we have 2 walmarts on either side of town. one is near all the major retailers on the west side of town and the other is in residential area on the east side, slightly poorer side of town, its common sense that the residential store has less competition near it so it doesn't need to compete as aggressively as the other store does, and something more extravagant may sell better at the west side store and remain normal price there but not do so good at the east side store and go on clearance there but the west side store wouldn't need to match that if its selling good at its store.

Guest abercrombieboy2
why not call the stores before you go out and see who has it cheaper....save urself a drive and the frustration.

We have a Walmart Supercenter in Boynton Beach that is always a little higher than the "old people" Walmart in Delray Beach. They're a matter of 6 or so miles apart.

To my knowledge they don't price match the other one, I haven't tried though.

They'll ad price match here but they won't go by word of mouth or anything. You might could get one store to call another and they would. But that's expecting a lot to find an employee that would be willing to do that.

Think about people why would you price match your own stores???? Some stores have lower prices due to having more competition where they are located. When it comes to the ads the differences in prices are due to state laws not due to Walmart. Believe me if walmart could have their big sales ads all the same they would due to the headaches and confusion it causes. The laws need to be changed. Wisconsin will not get the $4 generic prescriptions either due to that law. The law needs to be changed.

what law do you keep refering to?

You would price match your own stores because each individual store wants to bring its sales up, and every customer you make happy you keep. Every customer you tick off - you lose 5 customers business (the # of people that one will tell about a bad experience is more like 20 or 25 - bad news travels fast)

Think about people why would you price match your own stores???? Some stores have lower prices due to having more competition where they are located. When it comes to the ads the differences in prices are due to state laws not due to Walmart. Believe me if walmart could have their big sales ads all the same they would due to the headaches and confusion it causes. The laws need to be changed. Wisconsin will not get the $4 generic prescriptions either due to that law. The law needs to be changed.

I have herd several references to Wisconsin law. What law does Wisconsin have?

I had this happen to me twice......Once when my son was in diapers....the box of diapers at one store was $13.99(regular price)...yet the same box about 6 mins away was $15.99 (regular price...I complained and they said oh well....I was wow that is a crappy way to treat your customers......

last week before Halloween I had to buy a certain Halloween fabric to finish my costume, and my walmart was out (was marked down to $2.00 per yard), so she called the next store, and they had 2 rolls of it, yet i had to pay full price $4.97 a yard...that made me mad ..... Oh well...not worth crying over;) ...LOL my costume still turned out fine...LOL

I'm not sure exactly what the Wisconsin state law is, but it basically sucks to live here and shop. The taxes are ridiculous and the rules regarding prices make no sense. I am new to the state so I was very surprised when my mom purchased the same laptop within an hour of my purchase in GA., but paid $140 less. (Same exact UPCs on the receipts). The store manager even had the nerve to tell us to drive to Illinois to get the better price!:mad:

Thanks for nothing!!! That could have been said before I stood in line for hours waiting!! That's okay! I will be taking my receipt to another Walmart that is not in Wisconsin!!:gdcar: :gdcar: :gdcar:

We have a ridiculous amount of Wal-Marts here in the Charleston area.

I have 5 Supercenters within a 10 minute drive in every direction from our house. (5 more within a 20 minute drive)

Every week, all 5 have various prices on new release CDs and DVDs. (most are still better than most retailers, even though they might be slightly higher than a neighboring Wal-Mart)

Luckily the Wal-Mart right next to my work, 9 times out of 10, usually has the cheapest prices of the 5 stores closest to us.

Bill

WI law states that retailers cannot sell items below cost, unless competing with another retailer, or it is an old clearanced item.

interesting law... I suppose it would protect the smaller stores - so one store doesn't use loss leaders...

It's frustrating that they won't price match each other, they won't price match the website either. On Sunday, after calling around trying to track down one of those elusive little laptops to no avail, my father-in-law decided he would settle for one of the e-machines that walmart has instead. On the website, the computer was $348. In our local store (which is still 30 miles from here) it was $398. At another walmart 90 miles from here, it was $348 but sold out. And at yet another one some 50+ miles from here it was $348, and available. Our "local" walmart refused to price match either of the other walmarts or the website. My father in law was less than impressed to say the least, and we ended up driving to the one some 50-odd miles away for the computer priced at $348.