Leapster or Leapster L-Max? Rumors anyone?

EmConMom

I picked up one of these at TRU, but saved everything in case they go on sale for much less somewhere on BF!

I think these are going to be a pretty big deal, as almost every parent in my daughter's preschool is talking about where they got them/getting them and how much they are.

I already bought mine for DD4 at Toys R Us also. But I did notice that at Walmart they had some in special packaging that included the Leapster (green), the carrying case, and a game (I believe it was Letterpillar or something like that). I wanted to find out how much they were, but I couldn't reach them--they were all up way up above the aisles. Too bad they were all green ones though, cause I am only interested in the pink one.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Leapster a BF item...not as sure about the L-Max though. You usually can get some good packaged deals on them at some point during the season though. BUT I would wait until after Christmas for the "accessories" if you can...last year I got the carrying case and the chargers for about $5 each at Walmart clearanced after christmas.

My 4yo got one for Xmas last year and loves it. She can already tell you what sound each letter makes and she is already starting to read all because of this toy. I strongly recommend the Letter Factory and the Word Factory.

Check out your Walmart clearance isle for the L-Max. Mine has had them clearanced for several weeks now. They have games for both on clearance also. They did the same last year too.

Mine too. Last year we bought several of the games on clearance well before Christmas and then picked up the regular Leapster at Christmas time.

I know I've seen the regular Leapster on clearance several times. Whichever one you get - make sure to spend the extra $$ on the charger though. Otherwise you'll blow through batteries. :yup: I've bought several more for this year.

About the difference between the two - well, we bought the regular one and then our house burnt down right after Christmas last year - one of the VERY first things we replaced was the Leapster only we decided to upgrade to the L-Max. Save your money - we never use the feature that's supposed to make the L-Max so much better than the regular Leapster. (You can hook it to the TV and play it on the tv.)