I guess I'm not going alone

motoXmom

My oldest son just informed me he wants to "Do the Black Friday thing" with me this year. I'm kind of excited! When he told me I automatically went into "Training Mode!" lol It was funny to watch his face while I'm going on about OK do this, this and this but watch out for this and that, etc. He said "Wow I knew you loved it, but never knew how serious you were until now." Hmm wonder if he'll change his mind before BF?! I told him if you're not up and moving when I leave, I'm going without you. I'm not waiting around for you to do anything, you better be up and ready to walk out the door. He was like man mom you're harsh! Tee Hee He's going to be 20 this year (Nov.8th)so I think he's ready ;) for BF basic training. :cheesy:

Wish me luck with my training! If anyone has any tips or ideas to help me train him let me know. I'm so use to it I'm afraid I'm gonna forget something. At least I know he won't be like my DH and hold the door for everyone else in line. LOL I told him you're young and agile so I think you'll do fine. {{fingers crossed}} This is my first BF that I won't be alone so even though I'm excited I'm also nervous.:eek:

Take him to a local gym and have him do sprints on a basketball court timed! It will teach him to be fast and how to go really low when needed. Have him practice the miltary crawl, where he would be on his stomach and has to crawl with his arms. This could help him get thru large crowds without being noticed! Then clear a spot in your house and pick an object and pretend it is a blitz item and he has it is his hands but you (as a stranger) is trying to take it away. But tell him not to let you for any reason! :sidesplit

Drill it into him that BF is NOT the day to be Nice once shopping has started. Worry about yourself and only yourself! Well he can worry about you too!

Good Luck training another BF Shopper!

OMG I'm dying here! That was really good. :rotflol: Thanks I'll need all the luck I can get. Nah just kidding I think he'll do fine.

Take him to a local gym and have him do sprints on a basketball court timed! It will teach him to be fast and how to go really low when needed. Have him practice the miltary crawl, where he would be on his stomach and has to crawl with his arms. This could help him get thru large crowds without being noticed! Then clear a spot in your house and pick an object and pretend it is a blitz item and he has it is his hands but you (as a stranger) is trying to take it away. But tell him not to let you for any reason! :sidesplit

Drill it into him that BF is NOT the day to be Nice once shopping has started. Worry about yourself and only yourself! Well he can worry about you too!

LMAO :lmao:

My oldest son just informed me he wants to "Do the Black Friday thing" with me this year. I'm kind of excited! When he told me I automatically went into "Training Mode!" lol It was funny to watch his face while I'm going on about OK do this, this and this but watch out for this and that, etc. He said "Wow I knew you loved it, but never knew how serious you were until now." Hmm wonder if he'll change his mind before BF?! I told him if you're not up and moving when I leave, I'm going without you. I'm not waiting around for you to do anything, you better be up and ready to walk out the door. He was like man mom you're harsh! Tee Hee He's going to be 20 this year (Nov.8th)so I think he's ready ;) for BF basic training. :cheesy:

Wish me luck with my training! If anyone has any tips or ideas to help me train him let me know. I'm so use to it I'm afraid I'm gonna forget something. At least I know he won't be like my DH and hold the door for everyone else in line. LOL I told him you're young and agile so I think you'll do fine. {{fingers crossed}} This is my first BF that I won't be alone so even though I'm excited I'm also nervous.:eek:

Have him wear a hoodie with the large pocket on the front. it is perfect for keeping your ads in that you need for pricematching. of course he'll need a cell phone OR those two way radios work great and you don't have to waste your minutes

Ever since I was getting chemo, my son, now 35 has gone with me on BF.

Just one happy camper now that he is older and drives better.

I would have him drive and drop me off @ the doors, he knows where I will be in the stores. He parks, comes in and then carries all the goodies to the van. Since he is so tall, 6`7 he sees me no matter where I am.

If there is something in the cart for him, he knows that if he looks, it will go back. :D

Make sure you know where all the bathrooms are and when and where he is.

I must say that I know where every bathroom is.

Now that he is older, he has the day off (State of Illinois Job)and still asks what time do you want to leave in the morning!!!

Just have fun and he will too.

My oldest daughter just told me that she wanted to go. This from a person who wakes up no earlier than 10 or 11 unless she has to. I asked if she realized that has has to wake up VERY early, and that I hope she likes big crowds in tight spaces. She said yes,and she has lots of presents to buy so she needs to save money and she figured this would be the right time to do so. Welcome to BF!

I can remember being 12 or so and my mom taking us to the mall on BF before holiday camp.... she got us to the door and said "when the door opens run as fast as you can and get that vcr" ... I still remember my step sister and I running through the store past all the adults grabbing the vcr and high fiving each other in our triumph!!

My oldest daughter just told me that she wanted to go. This from a person who wakes up no earlier than 10 or 11 unless she has to. I asked if she realized that has has to wake up VERY early, and that I hope she likes big crowds in tight spaces. She said yes,and she has lots of presents to buy so she needs to save money and she figured this would be the right time to do so. Welcome to BF!

Wake up early? Shoot, my best friend and I stay up all night on Thanksgiving. We play games with our hubbies then head out about 2 AM to get in line

Wake up early? Shoot, my best friend and I stay up all night on Thanksgiving. We play games with our hubbies then head out about 2 AM to get in line

I don't go to bed either, he knows that from past years I've done this. I'll let him fall asleep for a bit in the truck for a little while before anyone shows up. Then he better keep his butt up with me!

The sweatshirt with the big front pocket is a great idea. Thank You! We have cell phones but they don't work in some of the stores. Hey our youngest has GI Joe two way radios maybe we'll use those! rofl:tongue1:

Here's an idea. To get his mind in shape tell him to go to GOTTADEAL.com and read what has happen in the past bf's. That way he will know how to handle things. Try to find pics. of the crowds he will get a kick out of them as i do.

LOL Love the ideas! You all are too funny.. but also very helpful. He's heard so much about BF from me that he's so ready to go NOW! I've laid down the law to him ;) as in no window shopping, getting off course, checkin' out chicks (he's engaged anyways), stay focused and eyes ahead don't look back. ROFL Unless you hear your momma scream of course!

I've always gone by myself but I'm really looking forward to him going. Out of everyone else I know he's the only one I would consider taking along. I don't think he'll have a problem keeping up with the Vets.