WWYD if you didn't have a babysitter

momof5plus1hubby

You could be like some other mothers on BF and bring all your kids at once, barely clothed cuz you ran out the door, everyone in the freezing cold and snow. But, then again, who would want to? :no:

If no husband is available, perhaps look towards a friend or neighbor as a babysitter. Make it a fun lil' sleepover. If not, 'ya could have someone wait in line and get the goodies for you. Otherwise, if all else fails, It might be no BF this year. :mad: Gotta think of the kids.

You could be like some other mothers on BF and bring all your kids at once, barely clothed cuz you ran out the door, everyone in the freezing cold and snow. But, then again, who would want to? :no:

If no husband is available, perhaps look towards a friend or neighbor as a babysitter. Make it a fun lil' sleepover. If not, 'ya could have someone wait in line and get the goodies for you. Otherwise, if all else fails, It might be no BF this year. :mad: Gotta think of the kids.

At TRU on Sunday morning there were people with little children standing in line. Those kids were freezing. Then there was this other couple which took turns staying in the vehicle with the kids. I thought that was a really good idea. I guess I wasn't clear on that, that I won't leave my children alone in the car. They would just be with my 13 year old, but anyway too each there own.

Unfortunately in this day and age it is extremely dangerous to leave children in the car, not to mention illegal in some states. If an adult is going to be taking turns sitting in there with them then fine, but a 13 year old left to watch an infant and toddler in a running car? No matter how mature and responsible my children are, I could never leave my kids in a car , especially a car that could easily put into gear since it would be left running.

I know that everyone has different thoughts and feelings on maturity levels and parental responsibilities, and I do not think anyone should judge anyone for their parenting skills unles seriously warranted. Only the parent knows their child, so I can not tell you specifically what you should or should not do as you are the best judge of responsibility and character of your children. Follow your heart and know that my reply above was only my personal feelings on this subject, as you stated, to each their own. And good luck with answering your dilema.

So, I am curious as to where you live? Here, in my town 13 is a perfectly acceptable age for a babysitter. Could your oldest babysit your younger children? Just throwing it out there since I don't know all the circumstances. I guess here its not a big deal to leave your younger kids in a car with an older child, nobody even thinks twice about it - but every part of the country is different and it depends on the circumstances.

So, I am curious as to where you live? Here, in my town 13 is a perfectly acceptable age for a babysitter. Could your oldest babysit your younger children? Just throwing it out there since I don't know all the circumstances. I guess here its not a big deal to leave your younger kids in a car with an older child, nobody even thinks twice about it - but every part of the country is different and it depends on the circumstances.

Well thanks for that suggestion..DUH my 13 year old can watch the kids here at home.

Yes here in PA...A 13 year old can be at home alone. He is very mature and he can take care of the little ones. Thanks again for understanding me LOL

Well thanks for that suggestion..DUH my 13 year old can watch the kids here at home.

Yes here in PA...A 13 year old can be at home alone. He is very mature and he can take care of the little ones. Thanks again for understanding me LOL

I'd keep the little ones up really late on Thursday night so they would possibly sleep in. I'd leave the little ones with the sibling - of course with some cash incentive for him to do a good job. And I'd take my cell phone.

Most of the time on BF I am home before my kids even get out of bed.

I'd keep the little ones up really late on Thursday night so they would possibly sleep in. I'd leave the little ones with the sibling - of course with some cash incentive for him to do a good job. And I'd take my cell phone.

Most of the time on BF I am home before my kids even get out of bed.

Good Idea Thanks;)

Not a problem, my older daughter stays home with my little ones too, at first. Then I come back home and get them all, unless we can manage a babysitter for the little ones because she loves to go out on BF also. I need to go without her though to get her presents, lol. Having kids and trying to get out shopping on BF can be quite a job in and of itself!!

Do you have any friends who may want any items on BF? If so maybe you could make a deal...you watch my kids and I will grab the items you need! Having them sit in car might be dangerous and the younger ones would probably drive your oldest nuts because they are bored.

:gd_twocen :gd_twocen I have never taken my little ones shopping during the morning hours of Black Friday, But if I would have needed to I would have, Here in Illinois it's cold and I shop at Walmart first on that day and mine is a 24 hour so it is open to go into.

But on the other hand I would also leave the younger ones home with my 13 year old daughter too. I have no problem with that. Most children get up at 7:00am, eat breakfest and watch cartoons, or play. and Ive been home by 11:00 am or sooner. People need to do what they have to in order to get the things they need, and no one should judge, or tell a person how to parent their own child. okay thats my :gd_twocen :gd_twocen

In your situation, I would skip BF. A shopping trip is not just not that important to me, especially when there will still be a whole month left to shop before Christmas. :no:

=Illinoismom;588182People need to do what they have to in order to get the things they need, and no one should judge, or tell a person how to parent their own child. okay thats my :gd_twocen :gd_twocen

She asked what WE would do, and we told her. And I wouldn't exactly put BF shopping in the category of "doing what you have to do to get the things you need"! It's not a necessity.

In your situation, I would skip BF. A shopping trip is not just not that important to me, especially when there will still be a whole month left to shop before Christmas. :no:

=Illinoismom;588182People need to do what they have to in order to get the things they need, and no one should judge, or tell a person how to parent their own child. okay thats my :gd_twocen :gd_twocen

She asked what WE would do, and we told her. And I wouldn't exactly put BF shopping in the category of "doing what you have to do to get the things you need"! It's not a necessity.

Yes and I stated I would have no problem leaving my children with their 13 year old sibling either

How long do you think that you will be out on BF? How far away from wherever you're going is your house? I'd probably leave them with the 13 yo also. You know your kids best and whether or not the 13 yo is capable of babysitting for a little while. Just be sure to have your cellphone handy so you won't miss a call, have breakfast already set out for them, and I agree with keeping the little ones up late the night before. Maybe you could tell a neighbor that you trust really well that you will be out that morning so they could check up on them if needed.

How long do you think that you will be out on BF? How far away from wherever you're going is your house? I'd probably leave them with the 13 yo also. You know your kids best and whether or not the 13 yo is capable of babysitting for a little while. Just be sure to have your cellphone handy so you won't miss a call, have breakfast already set out for them, and I agree with keeping the little ones up late the night before. Maybe you could tell a neighbor that you trust really well that you will be out that morning so they could check up on them if needed.

I agree. If you feel that your 13 is reponsible to babysit your kids

and you do leave your kids with them, why would you even consider

bringing them with you?! If you leave your kids with your 13 year old

than why would this be any different? Me personaly, I have a 6 year

old boy and a 21 month old girl and I would not even consider bringing

them with me. I would rather stay home.

If I didn't have a babysitter I would skip BF. There is no way I would drag my kids out in the cold to sit for hours just to get a couple of deals. And I would never leave my kids in a car unless someone else who can legally drive was with them.

Now for your situation, you have a 13 year old that you have decided to leave them with. Some questions to ask him before giving him that kind of responsibility. He should already know these things anyway.

1. Does he know several fire escape plans in case there would be a fire?

2. Does he know how to use a fire extinguisher?

3. Does he know to NOT open the door to anyone unless he is absolutly positive he knows them and only if it is family?

4. Can he remember to dial 911 in case of an emergency?

5. Does he know CPR?

Things to ask yourself:

1. Would he be good towards the other two? We all know how siblings can be when parents aren't around!

2. Would he follow all your rules?

3. Do you know that he is mature enough to handle any situation?

my son used to watch my youngest when he was 13 my youngest was 3 then.the first time i was very panicky but he did good.it's just that first time.offer your oldest some cash and tell him/her you'll bring back a special surprise for doing a good job.they'll be fine keep the younger ones up late so theyll sleep in

Personally if I didn't have anyone to watch my kids (if they were that young) I'd stay home. But some have had some really good ideas about asking friends etc. helping out. Maybe even having a sleepover? I mean the adult (friend) and if they have a young child maybe they along with yours could camp out in the living room or where ever to help make it a little fun and you won't have to worry about it. I know for me I'd be concerned that two toddlers that young would be a lot to handle for a 13 yr old especially in a car. There's not a lot of room to move around and if something happens how will the teen get ahold of you to come out of the store? I mean if one starts screaming or throwing a tantrum about being cooped up how is the teen going to be able to handle that. Just so many things could happen while in a car/parking lot and I wonder if someone walking by would call CPS or the Cops, not knowing what's going on and thinking they were actually helping. KWIM!? Just some thoughts, I hope you don't mind. Best of luck with whatever you decide! Hopefully this will all be for nothing and your mom will be able to babysit for you!!!! Keeping fingers crossed!