Do you Think that it is to early to decorate for the Holiday?

Kay1996

Ok so I went to work yesterday and in the mall that I work at has all of it'd holiday decorations up. OK I love the hoildays but...can we please wait untill after Holloween at least.... So my question do you think it to early to decorate?

It's definitely too early to decorate our homes....but for stores and businesses it's a marketing ploy to get people thinking about Christmas sooner...of course with those of us on here already getting ready for BF, they have no worries, but for those who haven't started thinking about it yet, they're probably doing their job...:)

I don't think so. We plan to decorate the outside of the house this weekend since it's going to be nice. I hate decorating and freezing my buns off! Then we are going to decorate the inside the following weekend (Nov 11-12) so that my step daughter can help also. Normally it is done Thanksgiving Night but I don't want to deal with it this year that night and the saturday before Thanksgiving will be the big Michigan Wolverines and Ohio State game so our whole Saturday is taken up for that. We just won't turn any of the stuff on until Thanksgiving Night.

We saw 2 houses last night that already had trees up while handing out candy. One was in full regalia christmas the other had orange lights and ghosts She said she takes off the ghosts adds turkeys and then does a swap out once more for christmas. At least i can sorta see that one but the christmas now one...WAY TO SOON

Well it's too early for me to decorate my house until Thankgiving but I love to see it this early in the stores. It gets me in the holiday mood. I just get really depressed when I go to the stores and all the decorations are taken down so I like when they let me enjoy it for a few months.

From October 1 on I am in full holiday mood. I love seeing the decorations, and while we don't start decorating in full until Thanksgiving weekend, we have a few things here and there out on display.

As a child I can remember our decorations going up the week of Christmas and coming down the day after Christmas. As I got older it seems we would start earlier and earlier. The longer they were up the more joy for me!

So no I don't think it is to early to start decorating around the end of October.

My DH, that is another story. I dread the day we live in a house he will be just like Clark Griswold, but will want to start as soon as August hits.

Well, I actually will start decorating tomorrow. My kids got home from school this afternoon and asked me why I hadn't started decorating yet. ;)

Michigan Wolverines and Ohio State game so our whole Saturday is taken up for that. .

Almost hate to ask, and I know this is OT but, Which team are you cheering for? please say maize and blue, please say maize and blue, please say maize and blue..........

I swear you see decorations right after stores take down the back to school stuff!!! It really puts me off to see stores decorated so early!!! I mean come on...how hard to you have to push for people to spend thier holiday cash with you!!! They decorate earlier to commercialize more. I'm not a bah humbug kind of person--I love Christmas and shopping but I like it during the actual Christmas season!!

Almost hate to ask, and I know this is OT but, Which team are you cheering for? please say maize and blue, please say maize and blue, please say maize and blue..........

Maize and Blue all the way! No better team out there! I may technically be a buckeye due to where I live but I'm a Wolverine at heart! Did you hear that the tickets this year are currently going for $4800.00 a piece? I would love to go to a game but I would have to go to 'THE BIG HOUSE'!

Well, hopefully no one who doesn't like Christmas decorations will see my house anytime soon. I think it's a personal preference and I wish I could decorate for Christmas all year. I love the lights, the tree, and the spirit of it all. The movies, the music,the parades, and the concerts. I am running late this year due to the hours that I am working, but this weekend is the "Official" Decorating Weekend for us.

As soon as Halloween is over, everything Christmas is fair game to me. The longer I can enjoy the better. My daughter and I were listening to her Christmas Kids' CD while doing a craft yesterday(NOV. 1st). We both were quite happy. She will be 4 in few days and I am so happy she loves Christmas as much as I do.

No its not too early... My 12 ft pre-lit tree went up today... along with my other decore. My 7 foot tree is gonna be up by morning. Why follow the crowds and wait till after Thanksgiving? I never do. And believe me we get to enjoy our decore a lot longer them most :) My family LOVES it.

I have a friend who has a tree up all year in her dining room. It has white lights and she changes out the decorations according to the holiday or season. So she had one for halloween, will change for Thanksgiving, will change for christmas, does one for Valentines day and easter. I think this is a great idea.

Well, I actually will start decorating tomorrow. My kids got home from school this afternoon and asked me why I hadn't started decorating yet. ;)

Would you believe me too? Love those Michigan Wolverines. Son went to school there and many great times for all of our family @ Michigan.

3 years in a row we had a Michigan Wolverines tree. It had nothing but those 2 colors, plus the green tree.

It sang songs, made noises and that crazy bottle opener was the top of the tree.

Gosh those days were fun.:D