oldnavy.com order problems...

I wasn't sure where to put this, since it's not a deal -- or at least not anymore I guess :(

I ordered 2 items from oldnavy.com on October 10th.

1 shirt for $8.99

1 shirt for $3.99

The total, with shipping came to $18.58. I used a $10 gift card, and had $8.58 charged to my Visa.

My online order status said that the items shipped out on October 14th. It's the 26th, and they still hadn't arrived (FedEx shipment it said, no tracking number just "pending"), so I had had enough and emailed them with my order information and asking for a tracking number because they hadn't arrived yet.

I just got home about an hour or so ago, and checked my email. I had an email from them, but it was an order status notification for "Old Navy Open Value SVC" for the amount of $10.00. Turns out, this is for a gift card in the amount of $10.00.

Anyway, I checked the web site and the order number for this gift card (which I did not purchase) is not showing on my orders, just the one that I had problems with showed up since it was my first and only order from the web site.

Now, as if this weren't enough for me, they changed the status of my items to "Returned". It still says "Shipped" at the top of the page, but by each item it now says "Returned". Okay, well they were never returned because I never got them! And I'm home all day, so it's not like FedEx came and I wasn't here to get the package (they always just leave them anyway).

Okay, now to top it off, here are the charges that are being listed on the order now:

Summary of Charges:

Subtotal: $12.98

Shipping & Handling: FREE

Tax: $0.44

Total: $13.42

Payment Method:

VISA $8.58

GiftCard $10.00

Credit: GiftCard ($10.00)

Price Adjustment: ($5.16)

Product Return 1: ($13.42)

The subtotal, shipping, and totals are different than when I ordered. The payment method is correct for what I did pay for the $8.58 to my Visa and the $10 gift card I used.

Now the credits... well it looks like they are refunding my payment -- which I suppose is what that new order status email is that I received for the $10 gift card (which listed an order total on the email for $10, which sounds like I would be charged for it). But then the price adjustment and product return parts make no sense to me.

So... can anyone help decipher this? I really wouldn't know where to begin if I called them, since this makes no sense to me and I think I'd just confuse customer service LOL.

I've never ordered from them online, but maybe they had a system glitch and the price adjustment amount they have listed is the shipping and handling they charged when you placed the order. (Would have been clear if they had stated the amount of the shipping and handling instead of FREE.) :)

Maybe they really didn't ship, and the items went out of stock? I hope I was able to help. I never shop online with them as I have one less than five minutes away from me.

I got make heads or tails of it either. I wanted to add though that I have had several things delivered by FedEx and when the tracking says out for delivery, it doesn't come the first day. They ALWAYS report back, Address unknown. Yet they make it the second day. Our drive is very plainly marked so I'm sure they just didn't want to deliver it that late in the afternoon.

I've never ordered from them online, but maybe they had a system glitch and the price adjustment amount they have listed is the shipping and handling they charged when you placed the order. (Would have been clear if they had stated the amount of the shipping and handling instead of FREE.) :)

Maybe they really didn't ship, and the items went out of stock? I hope I was able to help. I never shop online with them as I have one less than five minutes away from me.

Yeah, I have one local too, but it's usually a disaster so I figured I'd try to steer clear of it (plus when I went in, they didn't have either of what I ended up ordering online).

The shipping was $5 on the order, their "Famous $5 Shipping". You had to order like $75 or so to get free shipping, so I didn't qualify for free shipping...

I thought about the items being out of stock, and never shipping, but I guess I'd hope that it wouldn't take me emailing them 16 days after the order was placed for them to decide to do anything about it. I wish they had maybe responded to my email so I'd know what the deal was, instead of getting an email of an order status for what I did not order.

I got make heads or tails of it either. I wanted to add though that I have had several things delivered by FedEx and when the tracking says out for delivery, it doesn't come the first day. They ALWAYS report back, Address unknown. Yet they make it the second day. Our drive is very plainly marked so I'm sure they just didn't want to deliver it that late in the afternoon.

Yeah, I've had that happen a couple of times in the past, but I didn't get a tracking number for the shipment or anything, which is what I emailed them for today. Instead, I got an order status notification for a $10 gift card and nothing but confusion instead of them emailing me an answer as to what happened :( . So now I have to wait until tomorrow or so, check my bank statement to see if I have been refunded any money and to see if I'm being charged $10 for this gift card that they sent me the order status of, then go from there :(

Was it shipped fedex to your local post office? I hate when companies use this method of shipping. One of my disneyoutlet.com orders almost got sent back because it was shipped to the post office via fedex and the post office "tried" to deliver it, but no one was around to receive it. It stayed on the shelves of the PO until I called looking for it. At first they couldn't find it. But, eventually it was drug out of some corner and finally delivered.

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles with Old Navy. I actually order from them online every year around Christmas and I've never had a problem with ordering online. I've never used a gift card though...I would think that it's probably a system glitch. Let us know how this turns out for you. I'm interested in hearing the outcome.

I'll keep everyone updated. I checked my bank account, and the $8.58 is stull pulled from my Visa. No new charges have shown up (yet), and nothing has been refunded (yet), so I tried emailing them yet again. I will be checking my statement later to make sure that nothing new has shown up, and hope that I can get an actual response from them this time.

Well, they emailed me back a response.

The $10 gift card order notification I received was them sending a $10 gift card to make up for the one I used when purchasing, which is what I ended up deciding it was - but needed to be sure I wasn't getting charged for it since I didn't order it lol.

Apparently the $8.58 was refunded, or is in the process and will show up in 1-2 days.

I still have no idea why the charges that show online now are different though.

But, to top it off... in the mail today was the package. Apparently FedEx delivered it to the post office instead of to the house. Both of the shirts I ordered were in the package as well...