Tops Grocery Stores liquidating - NE Ohio

cass71

I'm feel so bad that they are closing... I really liked them. I sure hope someone buys the stores that Giant Eagle did not purchase. I just don't want one big grocery store... plus all those people out a job... something should have been done about this months ago

From my sources these Tops won't be sending anything to the remaining open stores since they are all closing here. The warehouses are not receiving anything and haven't been for about a month now and the stores backrooms are very very bare. So when they sell out of things they will really be out of them. The sad part of this is that it really is effecting more people then just those that work in the stores. The warehouse people, the merchandisers, the demo people, truck drivers.

• 3 weeks later...
Christmasangel- many of the Tops in this area will be closing-- it's been in the news last week. There is a chance a few more could become Martin's (the 2 closest to me already have- Derby & Fredonia). My uncle-in-law is a tops warehouse driver, we were just talking about this last weekend, he said they were told it's inevitable unless a deal comes through.

I just got back from Tops. Meat, Dairy, & Produce is 10% off, School supplies are 40% off, Greeting Cards & Hair coloring are 50% off and just about everything else is 30 % off. I agree everything seems to have been marked up. Plus the coupons are not doubling as of today, which was a really disappointment. I spent 2 hours going through figuring prices out and searching for coupons for everything and then to just have it not double was frustrating! I would have saved those coupons for Giant Eagles then! Oh and no checks are being accepted only cash and credit.

I went to Tops with my coupons, no where did it say that they were no longer doubling, I saved $58.00, but it should have been a lot more. I also thought that they raised a lot of their prices, especially on the frozen foods. I wouldn't buy anything unless I had a coupon for it, but I got burned on the doubling. :(

The Tops next to Richmond Mall got bought by Zagara's Marketplace. I LOVE Zagara's in Cleveland Heights so I am happy to see them expand. They are a bit more expensive than Tops was but no more than Heinen's is and their service is great. For instance, their "cafe specials" cooked by chefs right when you order. Plus, all those unique things that the big box grocers don't have Zagara's does. Ooo, Ooo, and you can pay with your fingerprint... no more wallet searching or check writing!

Saubunch, I'm from Mentor and we have a Tops store. I don't know if there are any Tops stores further east that may be closer to you. But Mentor's Top store is right at the Route 2 exit for Rt. 615 (Center St.). and it's near the Big Lots and Gabriel Brothers plaza if you know where that is. I was there yesterday and the store was pretty empty, though they still had quite a bit left and almost everything (except bakery) is 40-60% off.

Hi, I'm new... just wanted to say that we had 2 Tops stores here, and they are both now closed. I went to them both and they were upto 80% off. Milk and dairy and pop were all 10% off. Regular food was 50% off or higher and most everything else was 70-80& off. I got a bunch of stocking stuffers for my kids in the toys and school supplies stuff for next to nothing. I love saving money :):fluffy: