Neighbors light display

rogue1230

its good. think of the pleasure all the people who are lookers are getting. its like magic to a child eyes...and pleasent for adults...

until recently i never did appreaciate the people who put those out there as much as i should.

We used to have someone here that went all out with the lights. (not in my neighboorhood though) It was called "Christmas Island" and it was huge. It was really nice because they had a hayride around the place and a Santa on the weekends. Sadly, they quit doing it a couple of years ago.

No one really goes all out in my town anymore. But we are so close to Callaway Gardens and they do a huge light display every year and we go there to see all the light we ever want! :D

No one in our immediate area, but several people go "all out" . THe Newspaper puts a map in the paper of the known light shows, and The news stations even have contests to see who has:

1) The best lights overall

2) most creative

3) The Most lgihts

4) Most entertaining

Me - I just got for pretty. Icicles on gutters (2 story house), bushes covered, wreathes in windoes with candles, maybe an inflatabel and few small trees in yard. My front yard isn't big enough for a big light show, but the back yard is, too bad noone can see it except my wife and I.

Not really we live in a very remote rural area it's basically just a few houses within a mile of each other and not many even decorate outside because of where we are all located and the traffic is very minimal.

I decorate and a couple of other houses but nothing extreme or show stopping. Most people who live here are older and their children have all left home so they just don't see the need in decorating. As far as lighting and decorating I would say my house is the most decorated and I definitely don't use a lot of lights and things outside.

None are that huge in our neighborhood here, but when we lived in FLorida we had a holiday tradition of driving through Sonic and picking up milkshakes and then driving around looking at lights. When you live where it's so warm you have to get a bit creative with your holiday traditions! ;)

My entire street lights up. We have a neighborhood contest on whos house is the best. Most origonal etc. We also have a "Hide the Santa" contest. Its one of those big plastic santas and the person who has it must sneak it on a neighbors house somehow w/o getting caught. Last year we luckily didn't get it, but our next door neighbor woke up to santa strapped to their car. LOL. It was hilarious. Once you got "Santa" you try and do it to the next neighbor. Its about 8 of us on the street. Christmas is fun here.

A couple years ago a local radio station got a tour bus and invited people to come out to go ride around looking at people's decorations.

The called it the "Tacky Tinsel Tour" :holiday07:holiday03

They even handed out hot chocolate & hot apple cider.

None are that huge in our neighborhood here, but when we lived in FLorida we had a holiday tradition of driving through Sonic and picking up milkshakes and then driving around looking at lights. When you live where it's so warm you have to get a bit creative with your holiday traditions! ;)

Oh, yeah. I do my best to get into the holiday chill down here. They tried to come up with a Brazilian tropical version of Santa, but it didn't work. Kids didn't believe him! hahahaha So, those poor guys who work as Santa at the malls have to melt inside those suits, and sometimes (poor guys) under a 40ºC sun.

And nope... no lights down here, only at some shopping malls. But nobody puts up lights all over their houses, only the ones who have balconies, and it's just a little light trim around it. I gotta move to the US!:rwb:

I am the one the lights up the street and drives around and looks at everyone else's house...:D

The Hide the Santa sounds so fun.....I wish we hide neighbors like yours....we live by a bunch of Scrooges.....:(

You know what's funny? People down here say American people are cold and snobbish. (which I TOTALLY DISAGREE) But if you listen to Christmas songs here, or cover your house with lights, they say you're childish and ridiculous. They are a bunch of Scrooges... and they don't even know who Scrooge is.