Anyone else disappointed so far???? << merged >>

3rdcharm

CompUSA

CompUSA is tying a cell phone signup to a $200 discount on products for BF. Bad part, it requires a 2 year committment to Cingular, Sprint, or T-Mobile. And the Razr you have to take is $29.99 and the plan has to be $39.99 or higher in price. *Groan!!!*

With it, you can get a laptop essentially alike to CC's for $99, after the $200 cell phone plan and a mail-in rebate. A 23" Olevia LCD for $99.....same conditions. A "free" Compaq Celeron D computer with 2 mail-in rebates.

Save me!!!

Circuit City

CC is tying a year of Vonage service to a $200 discount on products. But, while they advertise the price as $24.95 for the home unlimited plan, most if not all people in reality pay over $30/mo......regulatory recovery fees, 911 service and recovery fees, taxes, etc. So, in reality, you pay over $350 in a year for a $200 loan. Have to remember that Vonage service probably won't be compatible with satellite TV, like DirecTV, on-screen ordering, nor will it probably work with the land-line based home alarm systems. Hmmmmmm......

Their laptop deal is just like CUSA's. The desktop is, again, just like CUSA's, except it has only one MIR and is $99 after everything. But add to the price $350 and suddenly they're not so cheap.

Best Buy

While BB has some MIR's, their doorbusters are not dependent upon them and the price paid is a TRUE reflection on what the end cost is. So the $189 desktop is only $189 + sales tax, if that applies to you. The laptop is $379 + tax....and has the better processor for the money. The 32" LCD is $479 + tax.....

While some despise BB, at least their doorbusters are priced what they are and you're not tied to a cell phone provider you may not want in a year, but still have a year on your contract, or using Vonage's "loan" at almost essentially 50% interest.

I dunno, but I think CUSA and CC are getting a pass this year.....BB is the choice. What do you think?

You do realize that you don't have to sign up with CompUSA's cell phone carriers or sign up with phone service from Circuit City, right?

Those are optional discounts. If you don't want 'em, don't sign up for 'em.

I'm sure plenty of people are looking for a new cell phone plan and would JUMP at the chance to save $200 on CompUSA products in the process.

Same deal for Circuit City... I'm sure that a lot of people are on the fence about whether to switch to Vonage from their POTS (plain old telephone service). And this is a way to save $200 in the process.

They're both incredible deals... if you need the new service...

The BF ads this year really stink! :yuck: I dont really see anything that I must have or that I'm willing to fight over :gdfight: (LOL). I feel like I got all excited for nothing this year, especially over WM! :g_shrug::chairfall

I feel like we have all been had. The retailers have wined and dined us for the last...I don't know how many years, with awesome BF Deals, I guess these retailers have flood the market the last few years are realize that a lot of us come out for about 15 minutes and grab the deals they're taking a hit on...I guess it makes sense for business...but not us consumers.

Yeah, we don't have K-Mart stores anymore either. I never cared for their return policy anyway. My sister gave my son some jeans and they didn't fit, but she lives out of town and didn't send the receipt. We tried to exchange them for the exact jeans, just in a different size, and they were only going to give us 50% credit... They still had the tags, they had never been worn, they didn't fit, they could re-sell them, but they wanted us to pay more money to exchange them. I don't miss them at all. I'll stick with Target and Wal-Mart.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: I was feeling really down and out because this is the first time in 23 years that I've been unemployed and thought that I wouldn't be able to get anything for my two sons. They both say they understand but in reality a 9 year old and 15 year old are still looking forward to Christmas--especially because of what they'd been accustomed to. I feel blah! Depressed is more like it. Looking through the ads, there was nothing worth going through my annual BF-athon for, so I felt a little better that I wasn't missing out on anything. Atleast here I can anonymously vent without trying to put on the face of wonderwoman. This is usually my favorite time of year. In a way I'm glad all the ads suck and in a way I wish they were better to cheer me up.:indiffere :indiffere

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: I was feeling really down and out because this is the first time in 23 years that I've been unemployed and thought that I wouldn't be able to get anything for my two sons. They both say they understand but in reality a 9 year old and 15 year old are still looking forward to Christmas--especially because of what they'd been accustomed to. I feel blah! Depressed is more like it. Looking through the ads, there was nothing worth going through my annual BF-athon for, so I felt a little better that I wasn't missing out on anything. Atleast here I can anonymously vent without trying to put on the face of wonderwoman. This is usually my favorite time of year. In a way I'm glad all the ads suck and in a way I wish they were better to cheer me up.:indiffere :indiffere

I work 5 hours a week, if I am lucky...so money is not as abundant as it could be...in a way, I am glad the ads suck...It has made me really think about all this "STUFF" I have bought over the years...it is just stuff. Our kids don't remember 100's if not 1000's of toys we have bought them over the years. What a great time to have fun with our kids and make memories they will remember forever. Ok...I know it is a bit sappy, I just feel so manipulated by all these retailers with their marketing schemes! Do I really need or even want this stuff...nah...but their marketing efforts make be think I do.

Arghhhhhh! What is it what (in my opinion) a lack of good sales this year. In BF's past I would be deciding which 3-4 stores I was going to be hitting and now I am trying to figure out if it's worth getting out of bed before noon. :mad:

And furthermore: what is what stores and BF ads that are no bargain. An XBox 360 core for $299 on BF. That's what it NORMALLY goes for.

For me BF has always been about going shopping super early to the get the best deals on stuff I wouldn't have bought otherwise. But it's not even worth that to me this year. I hope there are more and better ads coming out.

Am I blowing this out of proportion? Do others agree?

I agree that the deals are not very good this year. And, as a result, the money I had saved for shopping on BF is now going towards airline tickets instead. I just didn't see any great deals that really interested me in the BF ads but I did find great airfare on AA.com so now we are traveling to see family and friends for the holidays.

I agree, I am also feel let down by COMPUSA. Last year I promised myself that I would not go to Best Buy this year because of the crowds and long lines. I'am going to have to break that promis because Best Buy has the best BF ad. Plus many of their items are instant savings which means you pay the advertised price at the register (LOVE LOVE LOVE THAT!!!!) I have never stood in line before the stores opened before but this year I am going to have to (hate hate hate that :eyepoppin ) It looks like every Tom, Dick, Harry, Jane, Sue, Mary and all their friends and family are going to Best Buy which means I wanna be first in and first out of Best Buy == Me being in line on TG Night:mad:

I agree, I am also feel let down by COMPUSA. Last year I promised myself that I would not go to Best Buy this year because of the crowds and long lines. I'am going to have to break that promis because Best Buy has the best BF ad. Plus many of their items are instant savings which means you pay the advertised price at the register (LOVE LOVE LOVE THAT!!!!) I have never stood in line before the stores opened before but this year I am going to have to (hate hate hate that :eyepoppin ) It looks like every Tom, Dick, Harry, Jane, Sue, Mary and all their friends and family are going to Best Buy which means I wanna be first in and first out of Best Buy == Me being in line on TG Night:mad:

Seriously - Best Buy will be getting a lot of new customers this year. Instead of shopping at Walmart and pm'ing other stores ads like I usually do, I'll be stuck spending the night at BB to get that cheap desktop. :yuck: Doesn't sound nearly as fun as going to my local Walmart, but since the main thing I needed was a cheap desktop for my ds, I don't see much option.

Is it just me or are the Ads seeming a little not-so-good. A lot of items are close to regular price and there isn't any real good deals. BB and CC have about the best deals offered on BF, usually Walmart and Staples do too, but those both were dissapointing. What does everyone else seem to think about BF 2006?