What should I get for 56 deployed soldiers?

:rwb: There are 56 soldiers deployed from my husband's unit. I want to send them a nice goody bag for Christmas/holidays. I have already ordered each of them a brass Christmas ornament that I am going to have their name engraved on. I just want to send something else. My husband is not deployed and I am doing this all out of pocket. There is no unit help or donations what so ever. Thanks in advance for your help.

one year i had a soldier to write to.i sent him a goodie bag plus i went to the craft store and got a tiny tree about 6 inches tall maybe smaller used in railroad stuff i guess i sprayed it with white snow put a pair of angel wings on it and wrapped it up.that way they could have a tree at christmas

My hubby was deployed last Christmas but he's back this year. I know it's hard on the guys overseas missing Christmas with their family.

The kids and I went to the Dollar Tree and bought a small tree, a bunch of ornaments and candy that wouldn't melt and sent hubby a stocking packed with stuff. He loved it. He had so much candy and stuff that he brought a ton of it back.

It's great that you are doing this. I know they will appreciate it. :)

Do you have an address where others can mail stuff to them also if they would like to?

One thing that I was told from my relatives about care packages was that they loved getting letters. Of course that was before all of the email and cell phones. But maybe a little letter from school kids in the grade school would probably be appreciated still.:)

I would say depending on if you wanted to send one box with goodies for all in it, an assortment of Magazines, dvds,hard candy, letters from a grade school class, notecards, stamps, pens, phone cards, camera to send back home to family

Maybe ask a local a local school if each class can "adopt" each of the soldiers and have them make a shoebox or a priority box for the guys. You could make a list of random things that you know will travel well and offer a few suggestions. Also ask each of the kids to write a letter to thier adoptee. I be there would be nothing better than seeing all of the letters and drawings from the kids.

That's so generous of you, How about Dunkin Donuts Coffee? Movies? CD's?

Sites that allow you to order in bulk, or sites that will ship in whilesale quantities. Or, see if they can make wish lists and see if you can get one thing from their list if reasonably priced.

(We are military and thank you for your generosity.)

do you know anyone that is a teacher - maybe you could get an elementary class to sponsor them and they could make them cards and construction paper stockings and just nice stuff like that to fill up your box to them. i did that 2 years ago when my son was in 4th grade - the soldiers and kids loved it - anyway - they are in my prayers (all of them)

I think it was last year I sent a care package for the troops. I included a DVD one was Charlies Angels I figured a couple of hot chicks mixed with some action should be ok. I guess they really liked it and watched it over and over again. My youngest son had a great time picking out "gross things" like gummy bugs and silly stuff like that. We had a ton of fun doing this!

I'd called Lillian Vernon about my order and was told that it had shipped. I was so excited, because all I needed to do was get the ornaments engraved. My order arrived on Friday and the only thing that was in the box was 2 caddies for the holidays. I tore that box up and nothing else was in there but a piece of paper telling me the remaining items would ship later. Yesterday, I called them and was told that the ornaments were on backorder. Secondly, the lady told me that she honestly didn't believe they were coming in and that they were discontinued. I receive no emails about this order, just emails about a new catalogue and ordering new stuff. I am so pissed. I have no clue what to do now, but I am not letting this go.:gdcensored::crash: :crash: :censored::curse: :curse: :curse::gdyelling:

I called their corporate office in Virginia to complain about what happened. I decided to give them another chance by ordering different ornaments and now I am hearing the same crap. Enough is enough. What is the name of the company that you do a little write up about an experience with a company and it's posted?

I can't think of the name of the place you're looking for, but if you'd like to try getting ornaments from another place I'd like to suggest Bronner's website (bronners.com). Bronner's is the world's largest Christmas store so they should have something that would work for you :) When do you need to send your package(s) by?

I have a friend that her husband is deployed and we sent his unit a volleyball net and ball they loved it. If they are in an area they can set up. If not we went to target last year for my daughters dad and they had small handheld magnetic games, dominoes,tic tac toe, checkers and bought one of everything and mailed it to him.