6:00 News says KB Toys and 14 other retailers to open at midnight.

Intreped94

The SuperCenter where I have always gone for BF stays open and will let you line up next to the pallet of the item you want all night. But, they do not open the pallets until the blitz starts. So, it helps to have shopping buddies so you can each stand by a different pallet/department when blitz starts.

However, I have heard some Wal-Marts allow their customers to put the blitz items in their shopping carts at midnight. They jsut will not allow them to chekc out until 6:00 AM. So, I think you would need to ask your Wal-Mart's management how they do it at their particular store.

In Michigan here Meijer started thier sales at midnight last year. People went in before midnight and walked around with thier stuff until midnight then paid. I don't know if I want them to open at midnight. I would rather have the early morning. We have 3 groups go and each group takes 2 stores and buys what everyone else wants at that store. Since we all have kids in different ages it really works well.

What they have done here is setup 1 aisle with the stuff from the ad and rope it off. When the time comes they just pull back the ropes and let people go.

What this has caused when they first started is that people would go under the ropes and grab what they want then wait for the sale to start before checking out. Each year it gets modified a little different to try and stop people from doing the different things they do. But each year people figure out new ways trying to beat the system and get the stuff before anyone else.

Guest kathybmb
so true comm402 after cooking and cleaning and the mind bending work of mapping out those sale ads...lol i dont think midnight would be too great.. although i do love the idea of maybe the staggered openings but imagine the lines if they did that...triple the people would be at the same store waiting to get in.. walmart is already scarey its so crowded those days..

Our 24 hr Walmarts always close......is this area specific for the one's that stay open?

I think the WalMart SuperCenters are open Thanksgiving day and night. Last year our WalMarts were closed however the SuperCenter in the city over was open.

It may be different in your area.

One of our malls did this last year. They opened at 1AM. I won a spot via a local radio program to be one of the first 50 people in. It was awesome! I went straight to KB and got everything I needed quickly! I really hope they do it again!

The 24 hour stores will allow you to enter the stores at any time, they form line sfor the big ticket items and all other items are on flats wrapped in celophane and surrounded by employees until the designated time for the sale to start,(at least, that's how they do it here in az) they then rip open the pallets and chaos erupts. The nice thing is, if there are specific items you want and you have a team, you can split up and ensure that you;ll get what you're there for, rather than hitting the door and sprinting to figure out where everything is located. I usually arrive at the store around 2-3am to scope it all out and pick a position... I always hit walmart first, becasue it's the quickest and easiest to plan for....Happy shopping!

Hit KB Toys today in my mall looking for the new littlest pet shop things for my DD. Asked the manager about the 12 am opening on black friday and he said they are not. THey just got the memo yesterday that they will be opening at 5am as well as the other KB in the mall 20 minutes from there. So I would assume that the only KB's opening at 12am are the ones in outlet malls.

Vicki

The 24 hour stores will allow you to enter the stores at any time, they form line sfor the big ticket items and all other items are on flats wrapped in celophane and surrounded by employees until the designated time for the sale to start,(at least, that's how they do it here in az) they then rip open the pallets and chaos erupts. The nice thing is, if there are specific items you want and you have a team, you can split up and ensure that you;ll get what you're there for, rather than hitting the door and sprinting to figure out where everything is located. I usually arrive at the store around 2-3am to scope it all out and pick a position... I always hit walmart first, becasue it's the quickest and easiest to plan for....Happy shopping!

Yep, thats how our 24 hours WM did it.. they are open all night (thanksgiving) and you can go and stand by the items you want. But cant get your grubby little hands on it, till 6am. I wish they'd let us carry it around and check out at 6am. Make my life alittle easier. :razz: