Know anything about Boscov's??

vonnyb

Boscov's is very much like a Penny's. They have clothing, sporting goods, outdoor stuff (like grills), shoes, jewelry, a small electronics dept., cameras, home goods (towels, bathroom stuff), trim-a-tree, candy/chocolates (darn good fudge!), and, strangely enough --- as-seen-on-tv items.

www.boscovs.com

I was just in our local mall and there is going to be a grand opening for Boscov's next week. What is this store like is it like Macy's or JCPenny? Most important do they have good sales on BF?

Yes, it's similar to JC Penney's. They have decent sales, but nothing that I'd be waiting for hours at the door for on BF.

I was just in our local mall and there is going to be a grand opening for Boscov's next week. What is this store like is it like Macy's or JCPenny? Most important do they have good sales on BF?

My personal opinion only - I hate Boscov's! A lot of the items they sell at our local store appear to be seconds. A few people I know that were previously managers there confirmed my suspicions.

I used to shop at Boscov's when I worked for DuPont and had to go to the home office in Wilmington, DE. I really liked the store then. You could find a lot of nice stuff at good prices. That was over 10 years ago.

Now, all I find is junk! And anything that's decent is overpriced. The quality of clothes has gone downhill, the electronics are junk, and I had a major problem with a CompactFlash card I bought there once and got no satisfaction at all. They have these great sales on mattresses and then say that they have to be delivered and charge you an arm and a leg to deliver them, when I have a pickup truck parked outside!! The advertise nice stuff on sale, but when you get there, they never have the stuff. Just some junk. Don't waste your time on BF there, so someplace you know will have what you want at good prices.

Their coupons drive me nuts :yuck: !!! The fine print lists all the things that the coupon cannot be used for and it takes up half the coupon... they would be better off to list the 2 remaining items in the store the coupon can be used for.

I totally agree!!! I've gone in there with a coupon and more often than not, they won't take it on what I'm buying!! Then there are those "minimum of 10% off your sale" ones! What they don't tell you, or at least it is too small for old eyes to see is that to get the 10%, you have to use THEIR charge card! You only get 5% if you don't.......not worth the hassle for that!

Doesn't anyone else out there have a Boscov's store in their area? Our Boscov's is awesome and you can get all the name brand stuff you want and they also offer great % off coupons, huge discounts on toys and free stuff with your purchases. Just wondering why no one is talking about them...???;)

i am from PA and i know there are a bunch in our state but i am not sure how many other states have them - you can get most of the same types of stuff that JCPenneys carries at better prices and they always have coupons and 30-50% off and they also have really large home furnishings, electronics, home appliance and toys departments. AND they have a phenomenal selection of seasonal decorations for christmas, halloween, easter, etc. I love Boscovs!:wub:

• 2 weeks later...

I'll take Boscov's to Macy's any day of the week. Boscov's run great sales, so if you've got one in your area, go often and only pick up items you feel are good buys. Clearance sales start early and are marked down quite hefty too.

I NEVER buy any clothing from Kmart, Target, Walmart, and I always pay less at stores like Boscov's, Macy's, Penney's, Bloomingdale's, other stores in the mall, etc.... I wish the same could be said about PacSun, Hollister, & American Eagle. These are the ones my kids LOVE.

If you enjoy the bigger department stores, Boscov's will soon join your list of stores to visit often.

I just learned this but it is something that needs to be considered for Christmas gifts. I was in the store on Saturday and bought some baby clothes for my new grandbaby. I was given both the regular receipt and the gift receipt. Printed on the gift receipt was "store credit issued for gift receipt returns". I had made my purchase with cash and expect to get cash back if returned even with a gift receipt. This can be a big issue with me in where I will buy gift items and something you need to think about especially in small shops. For me this policy is a big negative on Boscov's for gift purchases. On the plus side they do free gift wrapping on a purchase over $10.

I love Boscovs! Their kids clothes are always on sale, as well as women's shoes. Cheaper than most Department Stores because they are considered local, not national, I think. Anyway, I thought that all merchandise with gift receipts had to be returned for something else in the store. That's why they give you a regular receipt also, if you want to return it for your money back, instead of giving it as a gift???

Boscovs is going to start carrying GPS as well. They will have the Magellan Roadmate 2000, The Garmin C330 and The Tom Tom One for the holidays. It is only in 10 top stores but ask for it at your local Boscovs and they will pick it up in the store.

Boscov's is one of the more popular department stores here in South Jersey. They have a very good selection of clothing and appliances and always have coupons in the paper on a weekly basis. Boscov's is also known for its return policy, where they take anything back, regardless if you have a receipt or not.