Best Buy making things more comfortable?

Mp4

2 years ago, I went to BestBuy and around 4 or 5am, the BestBuy staff came with a cart full of KrispyKreme's, coffee, hand warmers, ect. Last year we got nothing. Has anything like this happened at other BestBuys or was it just some BestBuy manager spending her personal money on us? Either way it was nice.

It was probablly a 'marketing/promotion' thing the local KrispyKreme store had...

IE: the manager from BB called local stores donut shops saying this would be a good marketing opportunity: put K.K. donuts in the hands of all our shoppers. K.K. said yes that is a good idea, made up a bunch of donuts, brought them to the store and wrote it off as a marketing expense...

One of the local malls did it a couple years ago... K.B. Toys opened at like 4 or 5, whatever it was... Chick-Fil-A was there giving away coffee and breakfast sandwiches...

Just a marketing ploy....

Here in the South, we've had churches set up with doughnuts and coffee. The trick was to hang around right before opening in the old days you could slip in. Now they make the group set up across the parking lot. Yes, I've used the Church in a BF shopping frenzy.

Last year was my first year sitting at the best buy I got there about 8pm on thanksgiving and was the 2nd person in line. It was cold but fun we had football games going on in the parking lot and lots of stories being told. And the benefit of a porta potty but no food of drink. We brought our own but some hot chocolate or donuts would have been great. We even had employees from best buy sitting out in the cold with us. At about an hour before opening we had some idiots try to form another line...htat didnt last long. 45 minutes till opening I had a guy try to buy my spot. 30 minutes till opening they handed out tickets for the good stuff and the local media interviewed us. At 15 minutes until opening Chickfila showed up....yea I'm going to get out of line to go get food:eek: ...HA not on your life! Store finally opens I get stuff and am out by 610am. The whole process was smooth and a lot of fun. I have a bunch of friends who are going with me this year. I just wish chickfila would have shown up earlier or some donuts would have been availiable.

Yeah, security.

Well I had 2 guys "jump" the barrier at the front of the and knock me over to get in the door before me..... Then I was walked to the computer section and turned in my ticket I got in line..... when the BB employee came out with MY computer the guy who knocked me down said "Hey I was in here before she was" I said year but I wasn't an A$$ knocking people down to get in the door.. I was the smart one in line at 4am to make sure I got what I wanted :D The look on his and the others around me was PRICELESS!!! The BB employees tried very hard with security at our store but there will always be the one jerk out there....

Our BB last year also passed out Krispy creme donuts, coffee, hot cocoa, or hot apple cider. They also had a couple of huge outdoor heaters, but you had to be close to the front of the line to enjoy the heat, since they were for thier employees; who were outside passing out tickets and keeping things peaceful. Someone in line had brought a radio and had xmas music playing the whole night, which I thinks people in the spirit of the season. Hard to want to fight when the Chipmunks are singing, "All I want for Xmas is my two front teeth"! :tongue1:

People where i live dont care if you get outta line. You can be gone for 30 mins and go eat somewhere, find a bathroom, or whatever you need to do. I mean they have to go to the bathroom eventually too so you might as well have it that way.

This is a great idea....more stores should do things like this. Its great for marketing....people will remember that and come back each year for their customer service. I didn't go to Best buy last year, but I'm planning on it this year. I wonder if they will do it.

I'll be in the Best Buy line this year, hoping for a LCD TV for my daughter. I was lucky last year and got everything I wanted, but I put a lot of planning into it (dispersed people to different stores, had time schedules, etc.) I hit CompUSA first last year which was great. I'm anxiously awaiting the electronic store ads to find out who has the best price on a LCD. Hope they come out soon.

I've thought about waiting around for the tickets then going to Walmart. Come back say around 8:30 or so and get my items after the frenzy has let up. Last year our tickets were good until noon. My brother spent 2 hrs. in line just to pay for the few things he got.