Doorbuster Items-What will they be?

mamaroe4

Being a newbie to the board-you guys have probably already done this but...

Each year just for fun beforehand we try to figure out what will be the big doorbuster items.

I'm thinking digital cameras and "regular" older version televisions, and boom boxes.

Anyone want to chime in with their thoughts.

Being a newbie to the board-you guys have probably already done this but...

Each year just for fun beforehand we try to figure out what will be the big doorbuster items.

I'm thinking digital cameras and "regular" older version televisions, and boom boxes.

Anyone want to chime in with their thoughts.

I think there will be deals on plasma TV's this year (at least I'm hoping!) I'm sure there will be the old stand by, kitchen appliances like usual - coffee maker, toaster, immersion blender, etc. I think you will see some really great deals on MP3 players as well as SD memory cards also.

I agree, there are always electronics. Whether TV sets or DVD players, (someone had one last year for $20), or MP3 players. Those items seem to be the "old standbys". I'm sort of hoping for something unusual this year, something that usually never goes on sale like a Gamecube or the Nintendo DS, (in my dreams !!).

One guy in my usual group is hoping and praying for a laptop, and with the advent of Vista, it would make sense for them to be dumping some at low prices this year. Didn't Circuit City have a $199 no rebate last year?

Other than that, MP3 players seem to be a favorite as well as digital camcorders and cameras since they are definetly coming down in price. Other hot ticket items, as always, are media (DVD boxsets especially) and the like.

t's a safe bet to assume that there will be deals on the USB keychain drives all over the place. It has been the past couple of years and through this year there ahs been lots of deals already. I'm thinking somebody will have a 1gig for $9.99 or less without the need to send off for a rebate.

One thing I think will be a major sale is rear projection TVs for under $600. It is an older technolgy with the plasma and LCDs on everyone's list but still a 52 inch HDTV for $599 would raise eyebrows. I think last year the best deal was $899.

I'm guessing the laptop deals someone else said before me. Right now BB in my area are clearancing them out. Not only those that aren't compatible with Window's Vista, but also the solo processors as well. With the new core duo's out there, they need to clear out the old due to these new double processor units. I'm guessing also the desktops that have the old processors in them also. I'm hoping for plasma's as well. Would be nice to get a great deal on a good one.

I am guessing a bundled Xbox 360. I am going with ToysRus. I heard that the 360 will be cheaper when the PS3 comes out anyway. Laptop/Desktops are guranteed. I am hoping dell.com offfers some good coupons (30% off). Usually they have something around Christmas.