Stamps with a Christmas Theme or not?

Bunniq

Stamps with Christmas Theme or Not for your Christmas Cards?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Stamps with Christmas Theme or Not for your Christmas Cards?

• Christmas Theme! Wouldn't be the same without them.
    • Whatever I have on hand.
    • None, I don't send Christmas Cards.
    • It's time to think about Christmas Cards? Already?

Since we have decided to cut back on Christmas gift giving this year, we have decided to send more Christmas Cards than usual. I was at the post office a few weeks back, and the clerk told me that Christmas Theme stamps should be coming out soon.

For the few cards we sent last year we used a plain stamp, but this year I am debating if I should purchase Christmas Theme stamps or not. I decided to make a poll to see what others usual do.

TIA

i would normally get christmas ones,minus well...you got to buy a whole bunch anyhow...i dont see why anyone has THAt many "on hand" however i picked the on hand option...cause i dont go out of my way to get them ...and if i have exrta of the regular and im short a few christmas ones ...so be it

Don't forget the holiday postmarks, too. You can send all your Christmas mail in a large envelope to post offices in participating towns. They'll open your envelope and postmark all your (stamped) mail there.

You might want to check around in early December for participating post offices this year as well as specific instructions on how to get your cards postmarked.

Previously, you could get postmarks from:

• North Pole, AK & NY
  • Christmas, MI
  • Snowflake, AZ
  • Bethlehem, PA (and other states)
  • Santa, ID
  • Santa Claus, IN
  • Evergreen, AL (and other states)
  • Shepherd, MI (and other states)
  • Snow, OK
  • Snow Shoe, PA
  • Chestnut, IL
  • Joy, IL
  • Surprise, NY
  • Partridge, KS & KY

I didn't see any recent articles on USPS's site, but here are a couple from 2001 and 2002.