how many people will regift this year?

copados1993

I don't tend to re-gift. After the holidays I gather up all that "OH THANK YOU!" stuff and take it to what we call our "What Not Shop". Sometimes I will save it for a yard sale, which I never end up having and thus take it to the What Not Shop:p

If I received something that I know someone else would enjoy better, I would simple give the item to that person. (As long as they did not give it to me.) It would be a just because gift. I tend to not regift as Christmas, birthday gifts etc.

Although I try and match gifts I give to others to that person sometimes I may "miss". I usually tell people that I don't mind if they regift something I have given to them.

I have done it once or twice, I tend to get more re-gifts than I give. One time we gave our neighbors a lennox ornament the next year we got it back in the same wrapping paper with the gift tag still on it but a new tag was placed over it. They couldn't even have the decency to re-wrap it.

~*~Jess~*~

I have done it once or twice, I tend to get more re-gifts than I give. One time we gave our neighbors a lennox ornament the next year we got it back in the same wrapping paper with the gift tag still on it but a new tag was placed over it. They couldn't even have the decency to re-wrap it.

~*~Jess~*~

LMAO! :lmao: That's hilarious, you should put another name tag on it and give it back to them.

~*~Jess~*~

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! How tacky LOL!!!:eyepoppin

I always regift. We give gifts at work each year and there is always something that I don't want or won't use.

I have yet to get regifted with my regift though. :lmao:

Yup, here too. The generic gifts that I won't use go to neighbors or into work.

I always regift ... If I get something that I'm not going to use why throw it away???? especially if someone else might actually enjoy it...

I have been regifted with something I gave though.... My MIL's family is very different from my for Christmas.. we all get each other something and they don't . They did a name drawing for a while and then she said that the family was so big we shouldn't do that anymore. My SIL and I tried to explain that no matter how big the family got everyone was just getting and giving one present but she didn't seem to get it.. anyway as one of her presents we gave her a snow man ornament in a beautiful red box, the next year I got it back with a new tag... my SIL was sitting next to me and I whispered "Rule #1 of regifting, don't give the gift back to the person that gave it to you" we were in stitches all morning and noone could figure out why!!!

We don't regift. DH and I give gifts that are not needed or duplicates to the Brazoria County Sherrif's Dept. They take them to the battered womens shelter. We also buy Toys that we find really inexpensive all year long so that the children in these shelters have something for Christmas as well. It is a small way that we can be a blessing to someone else.:fluffy:

I regift fairly often, but usually it's the shower gels and bubble baths that come in gift sets (too drying for my skin) or occasionally a candle that I just can't use...

I have one gift (a blanket that I don't need) that I got at work 2 or 3 yrs ago and want to regift, but I always forget about it until after I've finished shopping! :o LOL

I think regifting is a good way to be resourceful, and sometimes it's the only way I can find and/or afford particular gifts that I know the new recipient will want.

Living in a fairly rural area and with a pretty low income can sometimes bring a new perspective to things... :fluffy: