>>> Official NINTENDO Wii Discussion Thread <<<

Brad

All I was doing was offering another suggestion. Life is filled with disappointments. I don't believe in spoiling my kids with everything they put on their list. The fact that people are trying to get one for their children should be enough. Yes the kids will be unhappy for a little while on christmas, but they will also know that they will be getting one soon. These are expensive systems and hard too get. Let your children know that. Let them know how hard it is too get one. Again, it was just another suggestion. Not a solution.

I think it is nice that parents do go out of their way to make their children's wishes come true.

I have been lucky to have scored 3 online. I tried that checking store thing for 2 hrs one day and I was done.

I wish all that haven't gotten one yet, good luck.

I don't know about that. My kid is handicapped and computers and vidoe games is all he really has. Not like he can go out and ride a bike. I had to get one and did. Now my next problem is getting one of those classic controllers because he won't be able to handle the regular remote. It is always something.

Just some info for you.....The classic controller will only work for the older games (Gamecube, N64, etc). The Wii games will require the remote and nunchuk.

Guest Deals4Mommy

I'm honestly not concerned about it, but I don't have kids playing with it. The strap seems fairly strong, and you don't need to punch/swing/push/move the controller violently to get the desired response. I may however hold off on buying a spare wiimote until they redesign them, which I believe they will after what's happening.

You make a good point. I also so this in the forums on Circuit City where one person said that you have to be literally trying to break the controller in order for it to break apart. He made a really good point in the fact that he said Nintendo tested these controllers many times over before putting them on the market and had to have some degree of confidence that something like flying remotes wouldn't happen.

I played the boxing and found the controllers to be very intuitive and on point. If there is a delay, it is hardly detected. So, the fact that people are using all there strength to play these games, is not neccessary and if a person has slippery hands, they should buy one of the skins for better traction and grip.

Guest Deals4Mommy

Don't forget there's a $5 off $25 purchase coupon for TRU.

You could buy the Nunchuk($19.99) and a remote skin($9.99) and it's like paying $5 for the skin.

I'm not sure if there is a limit on the coupon, but, if you can, try printing out several coupons and making several purchases. Taking $5 off each purchase will amount up to lots of savings.

This site: http://www.ps3seeker.com/wii/index.php?p=60675

is now saying TRU and Target are possibly restocking for the 10th. This morning it had no data.

In other news, the console I scored at Circuit City online yesterday got hung up in a FedEx warehouse. Why oh why didn't I remember their store pickup option???? Now I have a controller, Zelda, Excite Truck, and no way to use any of it.

This site: http://www.ps3seeker.com/wii/index.php?p=60675

is now saying TRU and Target are possibly restocking for the 10th. This morning it had no data.

In other news, the console I scored at Circuit City online yesterday got hung up in a FedEx warehouse. Why oh why didn't I remember their store pickup option???? Now I have a controller, Zelda, Excite Truck, and no way to use any of it.

I just called a bunch of stores. found out that Target is restocking on December 17th, and there giving out Tickets at 7am to get them. The store opens at 8am

I hope I am able to get one, been on a mission and haven't been at the right place at the right time. What gets me is some of the folks that camp out all night only want them to put on ebay and folks that really want them for their kids Christmas can't get them. I am unable to camp out all night as I have small children that are sleeping. I'll keep trying though! But not going to pay top dollar for one on ebay!

I hope I am able to get one, been on a mission and haven't been at the right place at the right time. What gets me is some of the folks that camp out all night only want them to put on ebay and folks that really want them for their kids Christmas can't get them. I am unable to camp out all night as I have small children that are sleeping. I'll keep trying though! But not going to pay top dollar for one on ebay!

Well Im not one of those stupid people selling them on feebay. Im getting one to play and enjoy. So Ill stand in line all night just to get one.

Guess what happened to me? Yesterday I go to Circuitcity.com and surprise I see a wii classic controller in stock in my store so I order it and pay for it, get a confirmation email to come get it and if it isn't ready in 24 minutes I get a 24 gift card. Well I was sick and couldn't go right away and during the day I notice they went out of stock. So hubby goes to get it and they say they never got them in stock that the truck never came. So they give us a gift card. I am thinking they sold my controller before I got there. I give up.

Guest qwkslvr86
Gamestop and EBGames in MD got a shipment in today...but I can only assume that they have already sold out. I talked to the guy at EBGames at Harford Mall and he said that the shipment hasn'r even arrived yet and he had at least 20 people in line waiting.

Guess what happened to me? Yesterday I go to Circuitcity.com and surprise I see a wii classic controller in stock in my store so I order it and pay for it, get a confirmation email to come get it and if it isn't ready in 24 minutes I get a 24 gift card. Well I was sick and couldn't go right away and during the day I notice they went out of stock. So hubby goes to get it and they say they never got them in stock that the truck never came. So they give us a gift card. I am thinking they sold my controller before I got there. I give up.

Are you looking only for the classic controller? My target has had a good supply of Wii Remotes, but I haven't seen many classic controllers.

Was just up at GameStop, said they had a line outside this morning waiting for the UPS truck to arrive. UPS truck arrived with 9 units and they sold out right away. Called other GameStops and EB games in my area (and there are quite a few) all got UPS shipments this morning and all stores had people waiting outside for the UPS truck to arrive. Another one bites the dust for me, seems I find these things our right after they sold out. :mad:

You can always buy the Gamecube controller. They are suppose to work on the Wii - but I don't know how they work. lol

There's a door on the top of the Wii that opens and has gamecube controller ports on it. I have wireless gamecube controllers, but I haven't tried em out yet. I'm in a dillema as to whether or not to buy an extra wiimote now, or wait till the inevitable redesign. I think I'll buy one now, and if they come out soon, i'll jsut return it to wally world.