Do You Bake For Neighbors, Friends, and Coworkers?

Gporter34

I bake stuff for co-workers. Last year I made rocky road fudge, Christmas bark and spiced nuts. I will probably do the same thing this year. I really would prefer to do nothing for most of them (because they are social rejects), but I keep the Christmas spirit, suck it up and hand my baggies out with a smile!

I bake a lot for different people. Here's one thing that I have found people LOVE and it's quite easy to make

Take Town House crackers....2 of them, and spread peanut butter in between them, make a sandwich, then you dip it in your baking chocolate...delish!! I go and get baking chocolate from the amish, and make the crackers and choc covered pretzels, they're both so easy:yup:

I bake a lot for different people. Here's one thing that I have found people LOVE and it's quite easy to make

Take Town House crackers....2 of them, and spread peanut butter in between them, make a sandwich, then you dip it in your baking chocolate...delish!! I go and get baking chocolate from the amish, and make the crackers and choc covered pretzels, they're both so easy:yup:

Yummy!:razz:

Have you tried the chex that is tossed in chocolate then tossed in powdered sugar? My ds brought some home from school last Christmas and it was goooood.;)

We call this "Puppy Chow". I think it's called Muddie Buddies on the Chex boxes. It also has peanut butter in it.

9 c. Chex cereals (corn, rice and/or wheat)

1 c. semi sweet chocolate chips

1/2 c. peanut butter

1/4 c. butter

1/4 tsp. vanilla

1 1/2 c. powdered sugar

Pour cereal into large bowl and set aside. Combine chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter in 1 quart microwavable bowl. Microwave on high for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until smooth (stir after 1 minute). Stir in vanilla. Pour chocolate mixture over cereal and stir until all pieces are evenly coated.

Pour cereal mixture into large container (with seal) with powdered sugar. Seal securely. Shake until all pieces are well coated. Spread on wax paper to cool. Store in an airtight container. Makes 9 cups.

Have you tried the chex that is tossed in chocolate then tossed in powdered sugar? My ds brought some home from school last Christmas and it was goooood.;)

No I have not tried that yet lol. God that is the last thing another sweet to make at Christmas :sidesplit But it does sound really good :g_think:

I don't and believe me that makes a lot of people happy lol. But I sure do like it when people bake a little extra for me and DH.

There is a former coworker who calls from time to time to ask for printing favors and before she even gives me the details I say yes! She pays me in cookies and they taste so wonderful!

I bake for everyone LOL!!! I usually don't enjoying baking cookies, but that is the one time of year i do go crazy. My DH is a wonderful cook and loves to be right there in the kitchen with me. The kids will help some, but are much more interested in the finished product.:yup:

greek pastries for extended family, teachers, and usually a handful ot two of close friends. I attended a Greek Festival in St. Augustine Florida this last weekend and I am proud to say that my cooking puts them to shame. And the best part is that even though I love to cook greek delights, I have no desire to eat them. Kristyn