Wal Mart Stocking up Early

pumpkin255violet

I noticed in mine those really big remote control vehicles on the top shelves and they had alot of them, Im assuming they will have them for BF again this year. There was a hummer and a truck one. I also seen alot of one specific Bratz doll on the top shelf. And some of those packs of little cats Im not sure what they are called but they were wrapped in extra cellophane (sp?) because they had some kinda extra thing you got with them.

Ours does have alot of new stuff on the top shelves but last year the only thing I noticed that they did have about a hundred of that WAS on BF special was the leap pad writing desk. It wasn't a big hit though and they ended up with a ton on clearance,lol.

Yeah we call the toy department Toyland for the holidays and it "opened" October 1st. We add new items all during the holidays. So far I haven't seen any blitz (sorry BF) stuff come in but that will change in the next few weeks. Last year it started coming in the end of October. It is normally just wrapped up and put away, with the exception of the high end items, like the computer (if they do them) and game systems (again if they do them this year), those are kept under lock and key.

When Black Friday things come in they have the word Blitz written right on the boxes. Those items are kept in the back and not put out at all til Black Friday. They may come in the store to be put in the back room the week before.

Last year we were getting blitz a month beforehand. We actually don't have enough room in the back for everything we get. Think last year we did over 600 thousand in sales on blitz day. I guess we could keep it all in the back if you wanted to bog yer back room way down. We use storage units.

I just heard that our walmart in Wichita is going to be doing blitzes, but I haven't heard about our layways going away. Last year, I had my friend who is in a wheelchair stay in the line and I went and got her stuff for her. She didn't have to fit the crowds, and we didn't have a huge wait after everything was found on the list.

Do have a question, has anyone got good phone reception in any of the walmarts? I continuly drop calls, can't get a signal, and it is frustrating since it would help so much during the big event.

Do have a question, has anyone got good phone reception in any of the walmarts? I continuly drop calls, can't get a signal, and it is frustrating since it would help so much during the big event.

When I had Sprint I couldn't pick up a signal anywhere in the store. Now that I have Alltel, I don't have any problem. A few friends went with me last year and we would call my 16 yr old daughter to keep our place in line while we went to the bathroom..lol. It worked pretty good too. She would also go get drinks and other stuff we were looking for too.

I just heard that our walmart in Wichita is going to be doing blitzes, but I haven't heard about our layways going away. Last year, I had my friend who is in a wheelchair stay in the line and I went and got her stuff for her. She didn't have to fit the crowds, and we didn't have a huge wait after everything was found on the list.

I don't have a problem in our Wal-Mart with the cell phones. We have T-Mobile I don't know if that matters or not. We could just have a tower near our Wal-Mart.

I use Sprint and have this problem also. Bad connection and then the call is dropped. Maybe it's just Sprint? :confused:

Yeah, I have cingular, and in the back of the store, its gone.

On reporting news...I went to two walmarts this weekend and noticed that the garden areas have lots of those large remote control cars/trucks put up. I wonder if those are going to be like the Hummers last year and become a blitz object. Too bad I am not inthe market for those. The boys I shop for are much smaller or too big for them. But a heads up to those looking...

Yeah, I have cingular, and in the back of the store, its gone.

On reporting news...I went to two walmarts this weekend and noticed that the garden areas have lots of those large remote control cars/trucks put up. I wonder if those are going to be like the Hummers last year and become a blitz object. Too bad I am not inthe market for those. The boys I shop for are much smaller or too big for them. But a heads up to those looking...

Thanks! My son is the perfect age for one and I've been at a loss as to what to get him- one of those would be perfect!

I was in Walmart the other day. The entire overhead of the bedding is toys. (overhead in toys are full too). I swear they have at least 80 of some sort of Tiger toy in the bedding department (overhead). Something with his tail and him jumping. Also tons of bigger kitchens are in the towel aisle over head. Toys are everywhere

My cell reception is bad in our SWalmart, too. Everyone I know gets bad service in ours.

Our toy department hasn't really been stocking up yet, but I'm sure they will in the next week or two. Right now they're still doing clearance on the few left-over summer items (pool stuff, picnic supplies, wind chimes, etc), which isn't much. I've been buying some of the clearance stuff that could double as Christmas presents (Auburn windchimes for the Auburn football fan, etc.) for as little as 1/5 of the regular price.

The Christmas section is gearing up. At the Dollar stores and such, too. I love it!