people watching

dealluvr

I wouldn't go if I didn't need anything, but love to do it while I'm there.... my mom and I love to watch the people who have the ads photocopied and pictures /locations of what they wanted noted all typed up etc...

Except we probably shouldn't be laughing because we're always looking back at the ads at about 8am going.. where was that DVD player????

This is how BF started for me! My mother and I would sneak away from the extended family and we would make up stories about people we saw. What kind of day they were having, what their holidays would be like etc.

We always had fun and my mother allowed no negative stories. They were always upbeat.

Times changed and now she tends to stay home with my nephews while their moms shop. I do BF alone now but I still people watch and wonder about people while in line.

Bunniq

I wouldn't go if I didn't need anything, but love to do it while I'm there.... my mom and I love to watch the people who have the ads photocopied and pictures /locations of what they wanted noted all typed up etc...

That was me last year. I had a notebook with all the items I wanted to pricematch at WM, and a list of all the things I wanted to get from the ad. Going to do it again this year too.

Last year, I was #17 in a line of about 100 people in front of the customer service area of a Walmart Supercenter. The line was for the Plasmas and Laptops. They only had 10 Plasmas and 40 Laptops... yet the remaning 60+ people STILL continued to wait all night in the line! I kept my eye on the people toward the back and kept expressing concerns to the employees about cutters or line rushers (that would hit when the items are brought out). Luckily our concerns were addressed when management decided to hand out tickets IN ORDER of the line for the items we wanted. No ticket, no sale.

Last year, I was #17 in a line of about 100 people in front of the customer service area of a Walmart Supercenter. The line was for the Plasmas and Laptops. They only had 10 Plasmas and 40 Laptops... yet the remaning 60+ people STILL continued to wait all night in the line! I kept my eye on the people toward the back and kept expressing concerns to the employees about cutters or line rushers (that would hit when the items are brought out). Luckily our concerns were addressed when management decided to hand out tickets IN ORDER of the line for the items we wanted. No ticket, no sale.

Friends of ours were in similiar lines but people were holding places for other family members and they got the tickets instead of my friends. I did not think it was fair.

I love to watch people!!

I'm always amazed by the people who get to WM at 4:55 and think they are going to budge in line! LOL they have a death wish! I wish I had a nickel for every person who gets there late and says "wow this line is long" DUH! I love to people watch but I hate to hear people B*#ch about waiting in line. Last year I was second in line and the lady in front of me was complaining the whole time about the cold. UGH it's upstate NY what do you expect. GO home if your cold! But for the most part people are fun and upbeat in line. I have great conversations with people.

We people watch, as well. Last year a two women arrived and one of them couldn't believe the line was across the front and down the side of the building. This was about 3am! One of the women was quite eager to get into the line. The other... let just say she was not quite as eager... Yes, they were first timers. They were still in line as we left the store! Your first BF really gives you an education.

Last year, there was a woman behind me at 3am that first of all had to park in the hadicap space, then walked with a cane to the line, then fussed because there weren't any chairs to sit in. If she was that bad off why be out there that early. What really got me though was that it was like15 degrees out and she was wearing sandals with no socks

I like to watch the people who drive up 30 minutes before the store opens. The look of shock on their faces is priceless!

I was one of those people on my first Black Friday. LOL

I was about 19 years old when my cousin asked me to buy him a TV on Black Friday b/c he had to work. I mentioned to my mother that I would go to Wal-Mart about 10AM and she said, "I think you should be there when they open". I thought she was just being paranoid, but I went early anyway. I got there 15 minutes early and I just KNEW I would be one of the first. Boy was I wrong. LOL I got the TV though!

I don't know how I made it to 19 years old and didn't know about the Black Friday craziness. I would hear my aunts talking about the sales, but I never knew they were leaving the house at the crack of dawn to take advantage of the sales.

Last year, there was a woman behind me at 3am that first of all had to park in the hadicap space, then walked with a cane to the line, then fussed because there weren't any chairs to sit in. If she was that bad off why be out there that early. What really got me though was that it was like15 degrees out and she was wearing sandals with no socks

Hey that lady must have a twin in NY. That sounds like the same person. She was wearing slippers with no socks had a cane and complained through the whole wait. When I saw her in the store she was in one of those scooters and blocking a whole aisle still complaining to beat the band. UGH!

Sometimes it pays off to make a friend in line for the plastic to be cut...2 years ago they had the huge care bears for $10...I had discussed the colors I would be looking for while we waited..when one side was being cut she cut the other with her keys and care bears went flying..my mom caught the 3 that I needed and we were off!