RADIO SHACK Black Friday discussion thread

Brad

Official Radio Shack Black Friday Discussion Thread

Posted Image

Click here to go to the web site for Radio Shack.
Click here to find the Radio Shack nearest you.

This thread is for all discussion directly related to the Black Friday ad for Radio Shack. It is also for the discussion of Radio Shack store policies, store hours, and any other store-related topics. Links to the Black Friday ad for Radio Shack will be added to this thread when it has been released.

AD ITEMS POSTED: http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/Sales/Store/radioshack

• 1 month later...

Usually, doorbusters aren't going to be brand-name. A DVD Recorder for $45 would be a steal, IMO.

Agreed. I believe the Radio Shack DVD Recorder (Presidian) is made by Liteon. Definitely worth $45 if the rumor is true. I might get it as a backup for my 2 Liteon units.

• 3 weeks later...
i have a friend who works there and he said there is a possibility of an lcd tv going on sale for cheap but that is no supprise because everyone has a knockoff lcd tv to sale this year. they have xmods on clearence now on some models

I'm sure as soon as they get in their hot little hands it will be posted! Mrs. Honeybee,Brad and Ross are really great about that. I guess we'll have to wait it out! lol I keep checking for the next one to be posted, it's so hard to tear myself away from this darn computer.

More rumors, found on another site:

RadioShack.com

Catalog # 2100101 22/99 14MI FRS/GMRS 2PK HF was 49.99 will be 19.99 OTD

Catalog # 2300014 2BAY EGG CHARGER AA NIMH was 14.99 will be 4.99 OTD

Catalog # 2600140 LABTEC MEDIA WIRELESS DESKTOP was 29.99 will be 19.99 after

$10 MIR(could be 19.99 with rebate, or 19.99 plus $10 MIR not exactly clear)

Catalog # 3300104 PRESIDIAN NC HEADPHONES was 29.99 will be 14.99 OTD

Catalog # 4001460 CA 2.1 MULTIMEDIA SPK SYSTEM was 29.99 will be 19.99 after

$10 MIR(not sure where the rebate is again)

Catalog # 6004437 RC RESCUE HELICOPTER was 49.99 will be 39.99 OTD

Catalog # 6004453 FERRARI RED 1:32 STREET CAR was 19.99 will be 9.99 OTD

Catalog # 6004454 LAMBORGHINI YELLOW 1:32 CAR was 19.99 will be 9.99 OTD

Catalog # 6400031 HOME MAINTENANCE TOOL KIT was 39.99 will be 9.99 OTD

Catalog # 4200123 MY MUSIC 2GB MP3 is 119.99 will have $60 MIR

PhilcoPDV1000 - $14.99

Presidian Dual-Format DVD Recorder - $44.99 (exact model unknown)

Just a warning...I bought several items at Radio Shack last year for gifts. Many of the sale prices required rebates which had to be sent in within a certain number of days. The very, very fine print apparently said you had to send the original UPC along with the miles of receipts, rebate forms, etc that printed out with each item. After not receiving any checks, I finally received notification for one of the items that I would not be getting a check until I sent the original UPC. Naturally, many of the boxes had already been burned. When I called to find out why I had only received this notice on one item, I was told that I should not have sent all the rebates in one envelope (the forms did not say this anywhere):mad: , and the others were probably "lost." Weeks later, the other denials began to straggle in. Then...one of the DVD players quit working after maybe a dozen uses. I took it to a repair shop, and was told it was probably defective from the beginning. So, I called Radio Shack, and was told that if I did not purchase the $50 warranty on the $120 DVD player (for which I never got the $70 rebate):mad: , there was nothing they could do for me. I wrote Radio Shack's corporate headquarters and expressed my disappointment, since I had shopped with them because I expected better quality merchandise than was available at WM, and that I certainly expected them to be better about standing behind their products. They pretty much said sorry, but too bad! I will never darken their door again:no: !!!

We used to have a Radio Shack around here that nobody even knew about. It was hidden away in a shopping center where stores were coming in and out all the time. It's off of a road that a lot of people never even drive on. So it was the perfect "final desintation" for BF. But I think they went out of business this year. I will probably still hit a Radio Shack some time on BF, since I live pretty close to one, but it'll be sad not to be able to get the door busters at 11:50 AM.

So Radio Shack has a Tivo free after rebate. I was thinking of this for my parents for Christmas they have Dish Network. Will it work with this and does anyone know the cost? Does Dish require a telephone line connected?

I would like to just order at this super black friday early buy and just have it shipped to the store.

80-Hour TiVo® Series2 Digital Video Recorder (DVR) This is what it is

Forget those rebates, if you're going to pull the trigger, go to the TIVO site and get the box for free up front.

But...if you buy 3 years of service for $300 (temporary promotional price, I think normally it's $349), it comes out to somewhere around $8/month. Not bad for a dvr, considering you get the 80 hour box for free. Not as good as the lifetime subscription they used to have, but it seems like it's still better than shelling out $400 + for a good Panasonic DVR, which may be obsolete in 3 years (then again, given how slowly the rest of the DVR market has moved, maybe not). :yup:

So Radio Shack has a Tivo free after rebate. I was thinking of this for my parents for Christmas they have Dish Network. Will it work with this and does anyone know the cost? Does Dish require a telephone line connected?

I would like to just order at this super black friday early buy and just have it shipped to the store.

80-Hour TiVo® Series2 Digital Video Recorder (DVR) This is what it is

no, tivo does not work with dish network. sorry