Have you been to Disneyland at Christmas time?

abentley

We were planning on going in October, but our Granddaughter is due then!! So we are going the week before Christmas. What is uasually happening at that time? Anything new and fun? And yes, I am panicked now about having everything ready for Christmas!! The boys and I get out of school on the 15th, so we are leaving the 16th until the 22nd. My Dh must have great faith in my abilities to accomplish all of this!!

Are you going to DisneyLAND in California or DisneyWORLD in Florida?

If it's Disneyworld .. it is jam packed with holiday events, the holiday lights are spectacular and the parade has a holiday flair as well. All 4 parks have something different .. check out Disney's website and you should be able to get a better idea of what to expect.

Not sure of Disneyland in Anaheim, but I'm sure they do something.

It's strange they haven't posted their holiday calendar yet. It would be my best guess that the park is decorated and the parade is holiday themed. But I wouldn't expect too much since Disneyland is only one park and a small one at that (so far has special events go).

It's been a long time since I've been in December...I think the last time that happened was the end of 2001. Keep in mind that lots of schools will be on winter break, so it will be nearly as crowded as it is during the summer. It's beautiful though. :) Definitely do NOT go on a weekend. The middle of the week is the best time to go regardless of the time of year.

If you email Disneyland's customer service, they will send you whatever info you request--park maps, calendars of events, etc.--to help you plan your visit. They are very helpful. I'd give you the link to their contact info but the website won't work in Firefox, apparently. Won't load for me now, even though it did several months ago...weird. Anyway, either someone else can link you or you should be able to find their email address pretty easily. Have fun planning!

I'm not sure about DisneyLAND but I have gone to DisneyWORLD the weekend before Christmas the last 5 years and I have a total blast. The place is not crowded and have often gone on some of the rides 3 and 4 times with out ever having to get off. Reservations for the resturants are easy to come by. The room rates off property are very reasonable and if you wait till the beginning of december to book them you can find really good deals. I would recomend this time of year to everyone but then everyone would go and it would get crowded.

Growing up here I've been in December a few times over the years. It's beautiful, they decorate it and everything. But I absolutely second outnumbered - never ever go on a weekday if you can help it :)

Yup, it is beautiful :yup: . Make sure you go on the Haunted Mansion (Jack Skellington) it's the best. They decorate it about Halloween time and change it back end of Jan or beg Feb. They also change It's a Small World and a few other rides for Christmas but the whole park is beautiful. We had the annual pass a couple years ago and went alot during Christmas time and they had to cancel the firework show once since it was too windy but they still had the snow thing they do. Will you be going to California Adventure too?

• 2 weeks later...

We took a band trip to Disney World last year the week of Thanksgiving and Horrors of all Horrors, I missed BF!!!!!

Disney World was all decorated for Christmas that whole week and Christmas music started on T-day - it was beautiful and I'll always remember being there at that time of the year.

(I'll also never live down missing BF from my best shopping buddy either - she's made me promise that I'd never ever do that to her again!)

universal studios is no fun. you go one time and you're good for quite a while.

disneyland is pretty at christmas, it just feels more magical, plus fake snow every night.

I don't think so, I enjoyed Universal Studios Orlando alot, I went there two summers in a row :yup:

• 2 weeks later...
we went the month after christmas and they still had all their decorations up .. one ride was closed but nothing I would have even noticed ( I think it was goofys bounce house ) the weather was great a light jacket in the morning and a t shirt in the afternoon, and in the morning we walked on all the rides with NO wait, by the afternoon it was alittle busier because some schools were there, but still only about 20 minutes for the big rides ( which we did when there wasnt a wait at all )

disneyland is pretty at christmas, it just feels more magical, plus fake snow every night.

I agree - we went to Disneyland 3 years ago in November, and the kids LOVED the snow on main street. We went on Veteran's Day weekend, and it was PACKED - later we found out that this was the "opening weekend" for the Christmas decorations. Had a great time!

www.disboards.com for sure!!

Yes we have been to Disney World twice for Christmas! It is a magical time. Be sure to check out the different Santa's in Epcot.

All of the parks and resorts will be beautifully decorated!!

Happy Holidays!

• 3 weeks later...