Post a Memorable Deal & Win a Target Gift Card [Winners Posted]

Brad

I can't remember a specific deal that was memorable,  but what I  do remember is how no one could hang with me and my sister on Black Friday.

For years it was just her and I.  We would get up in the wee hours of the morning and meet at Denny's for breakfast. Than we would get a hot chocolate-to-go. We would then wait outside in line at walmart from about 4am until they opened at 6am. 

From there we would hit up 5 or six or seven more stores before stopping for lunch (or breakfast #2). Then we would hit a few more stores before finally heading home. Since we live in two different towns, sometimes we would each even hit up a few of our local stores on the way home. It wasn't unusual for us to get home at about 3 or 4 pm. We had a blast.

Then other people would want to come with us. I guess they wanted to see what all the hype was about. First it was my son, then my daughter-in-law, then my daughter when she got older. They each only went one time. They were worn out before we even got started. They declared we were crazy and never again asked to accompany us.

Then we were back to the two of us....and we like that just fine. 🙂

• Like 1

All the DVDs, back when they were still really popular and better selection. I was the teenager of our family's shoppers so I was prepped with a list and usually tried to get as close as possible to the Big Bang Theory sets because we always got my mom the newest season and it'd be $9.99? Instead of $30+ and at the show's heyday, those always went fast! Then they'd open the pallets and it was crazy but fun! 

And the year of the Hatchimals 😂 Limit 1 per person and my sister had two little girls who NEEDED them. She waited by the pallet with her MIL and they both got one but then we had to bury them in the cart because people kept trying to swipe them! Only thing we've ever had to do that for.

I miss the drama o er cheap Walmart towels too. The first few years I went there was always a fight/crazy over those so my mom wouldn't let me go near the towels because she didn't want me damaged! By the time I was grown, they stationed a police officer there to watch and that cooled it down considerably 

I remember always having to go get the free after rebate dvd player from American TV.  Then going over to office max and getting all the free after rebate items there.  The afternoon used to be for filling out all the rebate forms!

Went to JcPenney one year when they opened at I think 4pm on Thanksgiving. We were there for the $19.99 boots and while standing in the checkout line we were right next to the red bow boxed jewelry that I think at that time was $10 for Black Friday and picked up 3 pieces for my daughter. When we got to the car my son decided he wanted some to give to his gf for Christmas so went back to stand in line for 3 more! Then headed to the inlaws for Thanksgiving and was telling my SIL's about the good deal on those boxes so they went the next day and were told you could only get 1 box for $10, additional were the regular price. Not sure how I lucked out and why the system put them through that way on Thanksgiving but not Black Friday but felt very lucky indeed!

Every year up till this one , I would spend thousands and thousands of $$ on prizes to raffle off to high school seniors the night they graduate . The best deals were always the 10 minutes when kohls had their old coupons working and the new blaxk Friday deals . All the mini appliances , for dorms , the luggage sets , diamond earrings … and so on 

• Like 1

On 11/5/2023 at 8:46 PM, len_mullen said:

$128 TCL Roku 55" HDTV at Walmart reigns king.

148TCLRoku55.png

this is the one for me I grabbed the 55" one i had $125 in gift cards from shopkicks that I had cashed in, so the TV cost me a little over $25 out of pocket

• Like 1

The first time that I ever shopped Black Friday was 2006.  My family avoided shopping over the holiday before that as we always gathered at a rural farm in Texas, but that year we met outside Chicago instead.  I joined GottaDeal 10 days before Black Friday to find out about the deals and how people strategized to get them.  My young nephew and I lined up outside a Best Buy in Downers Grove while other family members kept sleeping in the hotel.

I bought a few things at that Best Buy.  One of them was the 32" Westinghouse HDTV for $479.99 on the cover of the Best Buy ad, and also a 19" Westinghouse TV/monitor.  We had a better TV in our living room, but those TVs served me well for years.

Those were the days!

BestBuy-2006-1.jpg

My favorite memory was taking my brother with me for his one and only Black Friday experience.  It was to Walmart in Sevierville TN back when everything was wrapped in black plastic and you stood by the stack until they said go. I had him waiting by some toy. I told him the minute they said go to grab it and go straight to check out and then wait for me. He thought no biggie. When I go to him at the checkout he was white as a ghost clutching the toy like it was worth a million dollars. I asked what happened and he said he had never seen toys disappear so fast! People came from everywhere grabbing them and all were gone in seconds. But he got one, paid and held it close afraid someone would tackle him for it. He would never go Black Friday shopping with me again. He's been in heaven for 7 years now but every Black Friday I love remembering that early morning experience together. 

• Like 4

Most memorable deal was shopping with my mom and sister in law. We were at Toys R Us, and I got the last Little Tykes slide for my 2 year old. Forget the price, but it was a great deal. We then had to hide it in the car for our 5 hour trip back home. The kid loved the slide.

Also a dashboard GPS, probably in 2011 or 2012, it was maybe $20, and we still use it on long trips!

One of my most memorable deals started when my daughter came home from school telling me that a club she was in at school was going to get gifts for children whose families needed a little help around Christmas time. Her group in the club had received a list from a boy who wanted a winter coat and an art set. I told her I could help out. Every group had a certain amount of money they could spend. They gave my daughter some of the money, expecting it all to be spent on the coat and art set. On Thanksgiving and Black Friday that year, I was able to find a winter coat on sale for $16 and an art set on sale for $10. My daughter went back to her group with all the money she had left over, and they were all surprised and excited they could buy more things for the boy. I think that is when my daughter realized why I love to shop on Black Friday. 

• Like 5

I remember one year my kids dad camped out at best buy right after eating turkey..we had it at noon..I packed him 4 comforters, food drinks snacks chairs 3 extra sets of cloths(for layers) and a big jacket....he was going with my friends brother and was supposed to take his car..they ended up taking the other guys car and left everything behind!! He was there to get a desktop computer for 199 and the newest Nintendo ds that just came out..he froze and was starving but got what I sent him for.

Waited in line at Best Buy about 20 years ago, got the last TV with a built in vcr for my kids playroom, and had it in my hands and a man tried to say it was his because he saw it before me. The store was so packed I had to carry it over my head to get through the crowds to the checkout line. 

Did he really think just because he said that I would be intimidated and just let him take it? 

• Like 1