GottaDEAL 2024 Prize Club Discussion Thread

Brad

June is here and after helping a relative with a garage sale I am once again lobster girl, guess for a bit it is better than being Casper. I only have two shades no matter what i do , red or white...lol....checking in for June.

• Like 1

Happy June.  I am happy to report that after almost 4 solid months of being sick, including a 4 day hospital stay,  that I am finally feeling normal from. The last couple of weeks were really good weeks.  My last check up about 3 weeks ago showed that the pneumonia was still in both lungs.  But I'm confident that the next check in about 6 weeks will be a good report.

Yesterday was mulch day.  We got 60 bags on sale at Home Depot last weekend.  We got 35 bags out yesterday.  Not sure if the remaining 25 bags will be enough, but we'll deal with what happens.

I may have done too much yesterday though, I didn't have a great day today.  But I'm just so glad I was even able to do something.  

• Love 1

On 5/28/2024 at 8:05 PM, HanShotFirst said:

Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend.  I spent the week prior in the hospital so need,Ed’s to say I rested up all weekend.  

Oh no I am so sorry!  I also spent several days in the hospital during spring break.  So I can relate and sympathize.  I hope you are recovering! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bluebear said:

Happy June.  I am happy to report that after almost 4 solid months of being sick, including a 4 day hospital stay,  that I am finally feeling normal from. The last couple of weeks were really good weeks.  My last check up about 3 weeks ago showed that the pneumonia was still in both lungs.  But I'm confident that the next check in about 6 weeks will be a good report.

Yesterday was mulch day.  We got 60 bags on sale at Home Depot last weekend.  We got 35 bags out yesterday.  Not sure if the remaining 25 bags will be enough, but we'll deal with what happens.

I may have done too much yesterday though, I didn't have a great day today.  But I'm just so glad I was even able to do something.  

20240602203412x211x250.jpg

• Love 1

On 6/1/2024 at 8:27 AM, Reinholt1 said:

I cannot believe how busy and chaotic my life has been since my mother passed.  And I think I messed up and not posted in May.  Oh well I'm here.  Happy June everybody.  Busy day for me.  For Saturday of every month my CERT team goes out and checks tornado siren poles to make sure they're working.  So at 1:00 today I will be out in the community doing that.  And I have to get my sermon done for tomorrow morning.  Yay for me. I hope everybody else will be able to enjoy their Saturday.  Sunshine and mid-70s here in Michigan.  It would be a good morning to get some of that yard work done.  🙂

As the executor on my mom's estate when she passed, I recall things being pretty crazy/chaotic for me for a while as well... Grieving while dealing with the business of settling everything was definitely not easy nor pleasant (obviously). I was very thankful, however, that Mom took care of setting her affairs in pretty solid order while she was still well enough to do so, which, according to her probate attorney, made my job far easier than it could have been. My prayers continue for you as you walk this journey and find/adjust to the new normal. 

I spent Saturday down in Detroit for some of the Detroit GP festivities (yep, race fan through and through). That was a good time, as I met up with a few friends and we wandered the race circuit together for much of the day. (My feet would disagree, though, as I walked more than 8 miles! LOL)

My cats officially hate your team (but I know I appreciate knowing these important pieces of our warning system are in proper working order). lol 

This year, Father's Day once again falls on my mom's birthday so that will be a bittersweet day for me as I celebrate the blessing of still having my dad here while missing mom on what would have been her 74th birthday. Hard for me to believe that this year is 18 years that she's been gone... I'm actually spending the evening of the anniversary of her passing (6/12) up at Berlin Raceway watching a buddy of mine (whose primary job is spotting for one of my favorite NASCAR drivers) race his own car. Somewhere, I imagine Mom smiling, seeing as she's the reason I'm so into racing. 🙂❤️‍🩹🏁

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Happy June!  May brought the cicadas to us...hoping June sees them out.  

Youngest DS will turn 13 at the end of this month.  IDK where the time has gone.  He has asked for a new fishing rod/reel, so I'm leaving that up to DH to figure out.  I'm getting him a beach towel with a Hawaiian print and photos of our dogs' faces on it.  DH is getting the Hawaiian shirt with doggie faces on it for FD.  I can't wait for them to show up!!!  

Commiserating with anybody who is sick right now - summer colds are THE WORST!  

20 hours ago, bossy1 said:

June is here and after helping a relative with a garage sale I am once again lobster girl, guess for a bit it is better than being Casper. I only have two shades no matter what i do , red or white...lol....checking in for June.

I feel your pain! I'm the same way!

About 5 months to go before Black November! 🥳 :gd_partyu: :yay:

In other news, my double-whammy surgery for my lower spine in January is still bothering me with bad neuropathy pain running down both my legs. Physicall therapy 3 times a week should help. Eventually.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stationchief said:

In other news, my double-whammy surgery for my lower spine in January is still bothering me with bad neuropathy pain running down both my legs. Physicall therapy 3 times a week should help. Eventually.

Sorry to hear that. I hope you recover soon and PT helps.

June Check-in. My allergies are finally somewhat better, but sometimes it seems like you trade one issue for another. Several weeks ago I had volunteered with unloading, sorting and passing out a food pantry truck, something I do all the time, but this time I did something to my back and started having back spasms that kept going for a couple of weeks. That’s mostly better now, unless I really overdo it then I start to feel it again..  I hate feeling like I’m falling apart!!  Hoping June is a better month for me. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, stationchief said:

Hopefully the pain of the PT leads to a good outcome. Let's go with No Pain No Gain.

9 hours ago, marathonshopper said:

June Check-in. My allergies are finally somewhat better, but sometimes it seems like you trade one issue for another. Several weeks ago I had volunteered with unloading, sorting and passing out a food pantry truck, something I do all the time, but this time I did something to my back and started having back spasms that kept going for a couple of weeks. That’s mostly better now, unless I really overdo it then I start to feel it again..  I hate feeling like I’m falling apart!!  Hoping June is a better month for me. 

I call that "body out of warranty"... 🤣

Seriously, hope June is kinder to you and that your back continues to heal. Definitely doesn't take as much as we get older. Ugh!!! (Getting older = 0 out of 10, do not recommend!) 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, wittenlover said:

I call that "body out of warranty"... 🤣

Seriously, hope June is kinder to you and that your back continues to heal. Definitely doesn't take as much as we get older. Ugh!!! (Getting older = 0 out of 10, do not recommend!) 

I tell people that at my age I now make noises getting out of bed that I didn't make after two a day practices in HS for football. 👨‍🦽

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kanyon71 said:

I tell people that at my age I now make noises getting out of bed that I didn't make after two a day practices in HS for football. 👨‍🦽

Those aren't just noises. They're how we crank a jalopy to get it started up 😝 Us "Model-T's" are considered a classic.

• Haha 2

Happy June! My youngest boy graduated on Thursday, and he is right now on a plane headed to Berlin for a 10 day whirlwind tour of Eastern Europe. My daughter, Kendall, turns 15 in 8 days, and then heads up to Lake Placid for her first 2 week training camp of the summer. Then she's home for 2 weeks, away for another 2 weeks, and a few days after she comes back from her second summer training camp, my oldest returns to Temple for his junior year, and summer is basically over. Unbelievable! I feel like summer is over as quickly as it started!

20240606_210410.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, speeddiva said:

Brutal temps have arrived. Highs in the 90s for the next week.  I hope everyone has a way to stay cool. 🥵

Send some of that over here. We'll trade ya for our 110 degree days.

• Hot 1

Summer has arrived! High 90s all week expected with heat advisories. We leave for Hawaii a week from tomorrow and looking at the forecast for here and there, it looks like we'll have better weather there than back here.

• Like 2