Official "What did you buy? / How were the crowds?" Thread

Brad

Bought a new family computer online at Bestbuy for store pick up. Went late Saturday to pick up. Line was about 50 people with 1 checkout. I cannot stand that long so left. Went back on Monday. Long line with 1 person checking out pick ups. I asked the door guy if they could switch to curb pick up ( was not able to get that originally or change order) Guy said no so I left.

Better luck next month haha

I went to Dollar General Thanksgiving morning and had the store to myself for the first half hour and then it was just a trickle of 1-2 people at a time after random things, not deals. I spent almost $100 on Christmas decor, candy, $45 in GC for $36? And toys.

Online Thanksgiving-Cyber Monday. Walmart $45 for pillows, sheets, and socks. Amazon- smoke alarm, water bottle, Green Toys cargo plane, boots that I cancelled because I don't need. Few other small things but trying to reign spending in.

Our local mall was apparently nuts, shoulder to shoulder in lots of areas/stores and VERY busy. I don't usually do the mall anyway on Black Friday but very glad I didn't this year.

I realized I also bought a vacuum for my mom, under my brother's name for pickup. Tried to get the Dyson V10 at Costco for 349 but that was gone by the time I remembered to go in to get it (whoops) but got it at Best Buy for 399, same price as the Dyson website, which isn't terrible (and available for pickup!)

Picked up quite a few games, a few controllers and toys for the kids, mostly from walmart with the insane low prices compared to other retailers. Did pick up a few games from best buy also and then 2 games from Target.

Went to JCPenny's, gave them feedback about their cashiers not waiting on customers in line and I didn't get my contest code. They called me a liar even though clearly shown on their camera, oh well, won't be going back

Oh wow... There customer service has been lacking even before the pandemic, BUT TO CALL YOU A LIAR!!!!! umm not acceptable at all. 

Went to JCPenny's, gave them feedback about their cashiers not waiting on customers in line and I didn't get my contest code. They called me a liar even though clearly shown on their camera, oh well, won't be going back

I’m surprised you even found people. The one that’s near our new house seems to be pretty well run but the one we used to go to was horrible. Could almost never find anyone to help you.