GottaDEAL 2022 Black Friday Prize Club Thread

Brad

Then mama decides she needs to look for a PS5 for niece. She's stressed, and stressed my step-dad, to where he asked us (in front of my son!) how we got our PS5. So son knows now he's getting one. Sigh.

I bet your son has not stopped smiling since he found out.  Merry Christmas!

• Like 1

Happy 'December, everyone!  I splurged on myself this year for the first time EVER and got myself a smartwatch with my Kohl's cash.

So far, I LOVE it!!!

Sounds great! Which one did you get?

I keep looking at them, but truly have not researched. If I got one for Beorn, it would be a cheaper knock off for Android. Any recommendations?

I know I’m a little late but things have been crazy here but I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving.

Our thanksgiving break was an eventful one and kinda sucked for my daughter. She somehow fell and literally broke her knee and stretched a ligament so now she is non weight bearing and on crutches again. Plus now we are waiting on the ct scan(which is today) to find out about surgery.

Well we found out she will need 2 surgeries definitely. Her bones in her leg are rubbing together and chipping. First surgery will be Tuesday to go in and clean out all the pieces floating in there.

Then we will have another once we can get a doner for cartilage and bone.

• Like 1

Well we found out she will need 2 surgeries definitely. Her bones in her leg are rubbing together and chipping. First surgery will be Tuesday to go in and clean out all the pieces floating in there.

Then we will have another once we can get a doner for cartilage and bone.

So sorry to hear that :(

Happy December.  I was disappointed overall in Black Friday.  I made most of my purchases in the days and weeks even leading up to BF 2021.  Unfortunately, I think it's going to continue this way in coming years.  Still love this community and scouring through the ads as they come out!

• Like 1

My family surprised me with this quilt on Thanksgiving. It was my sister's idea (Doresia on here), and I guess they all got together to plan the layout and remove the stitches from the tshirts, then my daughter sewed it. I had no idea and was pretty excited about it :).

pVsoQZGl.jpg

I have one of these! I love these. Mine isn't only gotta deal, it is a lot of things that are important to me. Edited by mgreen
  • Like 1

Forgot it was December.  What a week I’ve had.  Went to see my PCP Monday for leg pain. Had a venous Doppler ultrasound Tuesday, immediately got put in a wheelchair and told not to get out.  Yep, blood clot in my leg.  Yay me.  So, I’m on blood thinners for 3 months but the pain in my leg is so much better.  And to think I’ve been walking around with that for a month, just thinking  I had a strained muscle in my calf.  So grateful the clot didn’t break off and become a pulmonary embolism.  

On a positive note, I wrapped one gift today and boxed up some others, waiting to put a final gift card in with main gift.  

• Like 3

Forgot it was December. What a week I’ve had. Went to see my PCP Monday for leg pain. Had a venous Doppler ultrasound Tuesday, immediately got put in a wheelchair and told not to get out. Yep, blood clot in my leg. Yay me. So, I’m on blood thinners for 3 months but the pain in my leg is so much better. And to think I’ve been walking around with that for a month, just thinking I had a strained muscle in my calf. So grateful the clot didn’t break off and become a pulmonary embolism.

On a positive note, I wrapped one gift today and boxed up some others, waiting to put a final gift card in with main gift.

I went in for an outpatient surgery, got an infected abcess, had to have a picc line put in, got a blood clot from the picc line, put on blood thinners, got an abdominal hematoma from the blood thinners, almost bled to death from the blood thinners (blood count was down to 6), so I feel ya'. Ended up spending almost a month in the hospital and doing iv antibiotics at home for a month. Fortunately the blood clot dissolved in under a month and I was able to get off the blood thinners before my blood count went any lower. Sept/Oct pretty much sucked. Just about back to normal now.
  • Like 1

I went in for an outpatient surgery, got an infected abcess, had to have a picc line put in, got a blood clot from the picc line, put on blood thinners, got an abdominal hematoma from the blood thinners, almost bled to death from the blood thinners (blood count was down to 6), so I feel ya'. Ended up spending almost a month in the hospital and doing iv antibiotics at home for a month. Fortunately the blood clot dissolved in under a month and I was able to get off the blood thinners before my blood count went any lower. Sept/Oct pretty much sucked. Just about back to normal now.

Oh my goodness! In my 28 year career in a hospital laboratory, I’ve seen this scenario many times which is why I’m scared to death of these blood thinners but I’ve been assured by 2 pharmacists and my doctor that this one is much safer than the old ones.  So glad you’re almost back to normal now! 

• Like 1