Share your cookie recipes!

magickallight

Ingredients may be harder to come by closer to the holiday season this year, and I plan on getting all of mine purchased this month - so I have to decide on what cookies I will be making.

So, I thought we would kick off this thread early and share our recipes with each other so we can all have our game plans and grocery lists ready. :)

Share your cookie recipes and let's have some fun.

20201003041448x250x187.jpg

• Like 1

Oh good idea to think ahead. I already have some of the Betty Crocker pouch cookie mix, sugar and chocolate chip, as I bought some during the early summer thinking while I was home I'd be all baking-motherly and makes lots of cookies. Yeah... I also still have ingredients for Nestlé Tollhouse cookies. So we'll have those simple cookies for sure.

My major dessert I make is buckeyes. I have a couple bags of powdered sugar already, but better grab some more in case.

And something I made a couple years ago and ended up being a big hit with the youngest was cool whip cookies. So those are now a must. He doesn't eat buckeyes, so this gives him another thing to eat.

That's probably enough. But I actually have a surplus of flour (Kroger: all purpose flour isn't the same as bread flour!), so I should try and find one more thing that requires that. Maybe spritz cookies.

Edited by bluebear
  • Like 2

The only cookies I make are basic sugar cookies with buttercream icing.  I make several chocolate candies (peanut clusters, turtles, cordial cherries, peanut butter cups, peanut butter crunch, billionaires).  I have started buying the ingredients. I order the chocolate and caramel, so that came in last week. I need about 12 more bags of powdered sugar, and a few more things.  

Here's my cookie recipe:

RsWTJXt.jpg

uTz3trp.jpgLDFInsQ.jpg

• Like 3

Oh I always love this form. My family always thinks I came up with a special recipe but when I tell them it was from a friend they always think I am being modest. I truly be like....IT IS NOT MINE, but have to say I do love the attention. So come on down with MY NEW recipe. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I always make these for one of my best friends. He loves them. Not really holiday cookies specifically, but he gets a full batch to himself in his Christmas box every year.

I juice & zest the lemon myself, so about as truly from scratch as it gets.

Edits I’ve made to recipe as written:

- Double the amount called for of lemon juice & lemon zest

- I roll them in granulated sugar instead of powdered for some sparkle. (I’ve been known to mix yellow sugar crystals with the plain white sugar as well)

https://www.food.com/recipe/lemon-crinkle-cookies-473806

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
I always make my cookies from scratch. Mom and her sisters like the basics: oatmeal raisin, chocolate chip, chocolate crinkle etc. The only cookie I cheat on is I get Gordon Food Service's holiday sugar cookie box. Bake them. I then decorate them with homemade butter cream frosting. Nuke them in the microwave (yes, frosting and all) maybe 15 - 20 seconds before eating them for that straight from the oven goodness. Yummy goodness!
  • Like 1