2018 So where is Everyone on their Buying, Shipments, Wrapping and Baking?

magickallight

I have at least 5 more presents I still need to buy.

I am waiting on at least 10 shipments.

I am about half way through wrapping - which sounds like a lot - but with over 250 gifts (not including stocking stuffers) in all to wrap - I am NOT where I need to be! (BIG family)!!!

I will do most of my baking the weekend before Christmas - which gives me NO time for failures since we do our family Christmas Cookie exchange on Christmas Eve (on a MONDAY this year).

Where are YOU right now on all these things - and are you driving yourself nuts trying to figure out HOW to fit it all in?

20181204125311x250x165.jpg

I have just 1 or 2 more gifts to buy. I haven't wrapped a darn thing yet, lol. Wrapping is my least favorite part :)

I've gotten started on my candy, but only because cordial cherries take 2 weeks to set up. I have so much more to do, plus the cookies. It seems like every time I'm ready to get things done, something else comes up.  I did a small batch of cookies this weekend, because I'm mailing them out, and discovered my oven doesn't work. UGH. 

Yes, I'm going nuts like never before.I tried to be all organized and make a calendar to get it all done, and I'm already behind and it's just December 4th. LOL.  I decided last night that I have to quit stressing. Do what I can do, and don't worry about the rest. I do it all because I love it all, and right now I don't love any of it, and that's on me.

• Like 1

All gifts bought and all but one is wrapped! I’m on fire! LOL

Waiting one one more thing to be delivered so I can get that one wrapped.

Won’t get my SS package shipped tomorrow like planned since USPS will be closed but that is the last thing on my list. :)

Edited by HanShotFirst
  • Like 3

I'm pretty good on buying. A few gift cards and maybe a couple small things. And I need more stocking stuffers. Dinner with friends this Saturday, and me and my friend always go out shopping while the guys watch a movie. So maybe I can find some things then.

I am waiting on 5 orders to arrive. One is in 3 shipments.

The two gifts we are giving out town.. one is joint gift so we sent money for the closer person to purchase, and the other I did a direct ship. Oh, which reminds me, I have 3 additional orders I'm waiting on. So 8.

Wrapping. Ugh. Last year we turned the extra room into a wrapping room. It was great. Set up a table and had the paper in there, and organized the gifts on the bed. Well a few weeks ago, my dad needed somewhere to stay for "a couple nights". That ended up being 4 weeks. And when all the packages were being delivered. So they all went in the dining room. So now all my packages are upstairs, and the supplies downstairs. And I don't want to move either of them. Getting started is the hardest part.

I had a list of things I wanted to make. That's not going well. And most probably won't get done. I have a blanket half knitted that *might* make it. I also have a baby shower next week that I found about last week, that I want to knit a blanket for.

I don't usually bake and make candy until the weekend before. But the people we are doing dinner with this weekend... well his gift is usually a big batch of buckeyes. So I need to make those sometime between now and Saturday.

It will get done though, it always does...

Edited by bluebear
  • Like 3

I have one more gift to buy for my husband and I’m hoping to get that done on my way home from work tomorrow. I have one package I’m waiting on and it’s the last item for my Secret Santa. Amazon was supposed to deliver it today but now they say by Friday. My husband still has to get something for his 15 year old niece and then we still have to wrap everything. I haven’t done any decorating or baking yet and now that I’m typing this all I’m starting to get freaked out by everything that’s left. We leave for Virginia where my father in law lives on the 20th so I lose a whole weekend in which to accomplish things too [emoji15]

UPDATE: oh lord, I completely forgot about Christmas cards. No idea how I’m going to pull this all off.

Edited by budgetsRsexy
  • Like 3

and then we still have to wrap everything. I haven’t done any decorating or baking yet and now that I’m typing this all I’m starting to get freaked out by everything that’s left.

UPDATE: oh lord, I completely forgot about Christmas cards. No idea how I’m going to pull this all off.

I know, i got a little freaked writing my list out too...

We'll get it done.

• Like 2

Just waiting on 2 shipments and they should both be here by Dec 11. I have a few more gifts I've decided to get but nothing major and if it doesn't happen its okay. Stockings are done for some and desperate for others. 

I am about 1/2 done with the wrapping

The house is decorated on the inside but not the outside yet

I want to do decorated sugar cookies with the grandkids but finding a time is getting harder each year

Not sure when the rest of the cookies and candies will get made but I hope soon. 

• Like 2

Well now I have another order coming, I had supercash at old navy and saw some things DD15 should like. I think one of the dresses will be for Christmas Eve services. Not suppose to get here until the 20th so we will see. I have got to stay away from my computer!!!

• Like 3

My baking marathon begins tonight and will continue for the next week & a half or so.

Need two more small things for my SS box and then I can ship that out. Will be picking them up tonight as I grab fresh eggs and a couple of other last-minute-grab baking stuff. 

As for other gifts, I'm at a loss. Literally have no clue what I will get one of my best friends. I hit it out of the park with my gift to him last year and am unfortunately fresh out of ideas for this Christmas.Need to make time to get into one of the stores I can usually at least get ideas from. I''m even struggling with what to get my dad. This isn't like me to be this "blank" with gift ideas, but it will all sort itself out at some point. 

My baking list, Round 1, has to ship by 12/14: 

- Chocolate chip cookies, double batch (nets me 15-18 dozen, depending on cookie size) 

- White chocolate macadamia cookies, double batch (about 16 dozen)

- Peanut butter cookies, double batch (about 8 dozen)

- Oatmeal pb chocolate chip cookies, double batch (about 8 dozen) 

- Chocolate candy cane kiss cookies, single batch (about 5 dozen)

- Snickerdoodles, double batch (about 6 dozen)

- Chocolate peppermint fudge, two 8x8 pans (128 squares)

- Chocolate strawberry fudge, one 8x8 pan (64 squares)

- Pumpkin bread, 2 loaves

- Brownies, 2 9x13 pans (48 brownies)

Round 2, has to ship by 12/20: 

- Repeat all cookies from round 1

- Lemon sparkle cookies, double batch (about 6 dozen)

- Single batch of each fudge

- Brownies, 2 9x13 pans

- Gingerbread fudge (new this year, if I have time) 

Boxes will go everywhere from Idaho to NC (and a few other places). Busy cookie girl, keeping my NASCAR track family spoiled for the holidays.  :runaway:  :D

• Like 3

Well now I have another order coming, I had supercash at old navy and saw some things DD15 should like. I think one of the dresses will be for Christmas Eve services. Not suppose to get here until the 20th so we will see. I have got to stay away from my computer!!!

I ordered another “me” gift last night so yes, I have got to stay away from my computer and emails! LOL

Darn you Dooney & Bourke for putting the purse I’ve been eyeing on a “wow” deal. :)

• Like 3

Set up my wrapping table this morning, and carried about half the gifts downstairs. Making fair progress wrapping now. Had to stop and eat and rest my back! Hope to get the majority done today.

I ordered another “me” gift last night so yes, I have got to stay away from my computer and emails! LOL

Darn you Dooney & Bourke for putting the purse I’ve been eyeing on a “wow” deal. :)

My Think Geek order from this week's 50% off flash sale was all for me. But, I only bought 3 of the 5 bags I wanted, so there's that...
  • Like 1

My baking marathon begins tonight and will continue for the next week & a half or so.

Need two more small things for my SS box and then I can ship that out. Will be picking them up tonight as I grab fresh eggs and a couple of other last-minute-grab baking stuff.

As for other gifts, I'm at a loss. Literally have no clue what I will get one of my best friends. I hit it out of the park with my gift to him last year and am unfortunately fresh out of ideas for this Christmas.Need to make time to get into one of the stores I can usually at least get ideas from. I''m even struggling with what to get my dad. This isn't like me to be this "blank" with gift ideas, but it will all sort itself out at some point.

My baking list, Round 1, has to ship by 12/14:

- Chocolate chip cookies, double batch (nets me 15-18 dozen, depending on cookie size)

- White chocolate macadamia cookies, double batch (about 16 dozen)

- Peanut butter cookies, double batch (about 8 dozen)

- Oatmeal pb chocolate chip cookies, double batch (about 8 dozen)

- Chocolate candy cane kiss cookies, single batch (about 5 dozen)

- Snickerdoodles, double batch (about 6 dozen)

- Chocolate peppermint fudge, two 8x8 pans (128 squares)

- Chocolate strawberry fudge, one 8x8 pan (64 squares)

- Pumpkin bread, 2 loaves

- Brownies, 2 9x13 pans (48 brownies)

Round 2, has to ship by 12/20:

- Repeat all cookies from round 1

- Lemon sparkle cookies, double batch (about 6 dozen)

- Single batch of each fudge

- Brownies, 2 9x13 pans

- Gingerbread fudge (new this year, if I have time)

Boxes will go everywhere from Idaho to NC (and a few other places). Busy cookie girl, keeping my NASCAR track family spoiled for the holidays. :runaway::D

When should I expect my cookies to arrive? [emoji23]
  • Like 1

My last shipment arrived today and I managed to go and at least buy my Christmas cards. DH said he would update the card mailing list, print my address labels and buy stamps for me this week so I can power through and write all the cards while watching football on Sunday. I’m hoping to get my Secret Santa gift wrapped and packaged Friday and mail it Saturday right when the post office opens. I plan to leave all my wrapping items out overnight Friday to force me to do some wrapping for my family on Saturday. If I can get all my wrapping and cards done this weekend then I will feel a lot better about my to do list.

I wrapped yesterday. ALL. DAY. LONG.

I started at 9am, set up my table and carried all the gifts downstairs. I wrapped from 9-7 stopping to eat lunch and dinner. Then did a few more right before bed.

Grand total wrapped: 50!!

I have maybe 15 left, not including the ones I'm waiting on to arrive.

I wrapped yesterday. ALL. DAY. LONG.

I started at 9am, set up my table and carried all the gifts downstairs. I wrapped from 9-7 stopping to eat lunch and dinner. Then did a few more right before bed.

Grand total wrapped: 50!!

I have maybe 15 left, not including the ones I'm waiting on to arrive.

Holy Moley!!!  Now that's a wrapping marathon.  Although I 100% prefer wrapping a boxed gift over using gift bags,  I shudder at the thought of having to wrap that many gifts!  

Those last 15 or so will be a breeze now!  

So, of those 50, about 10 went in a bag. I much prefer wrapping too, but some things are just unavoidable. Plus, I got some dino bags from Home Goods so those HAD to be used for dino-loving grandson! (I also got dino paper for the rest.)

The Kohl's throws went in these cool fabric drawstring bags I have. But I ran out of bags before I ran out of blankets!

I'm hoping tonight I can get those few done, then I have to get them all under the tree! Ack!

• Like 1

Oh yes, using bags is unavoidable for some things and at the end when I get tired of the wrapping! LOL.

I ordered a big pack of drawstring bags from QVC this year and wasn’t too pleased with them at first (especially some of the prints and patterns) but I ended up using all of the large size ones for those odd-shapes gifts and the Kohl’s throws. I’ll probably order more next year.

• Like 1

Outside has been decorated since last week.  Hope to get the tree on Sunday and get most of it decorated.  I have to wrap and ship my SS gifts.  Trying to figure out what cards I want to send out for the card exchange!!

My gift to my kids this year was a vacation so only buying little things for them.  Need to wrap and ship my DD's gift down to Miami.  The other one lives with me. 

I'll bake the week of Christmas.  Not doing as much this year as before.  Driving from NC to MS Christmas Eve and coming back Saturday or Sunday.  Driving with my step-dad to visit his sister and her family.  First Christmas I've spent without my two kids .. sigh ..

Edited by AndreaInNC

Oh yes, using bags is unavoidable for some things and at the end when I get tired of the wrapping! LOL.

I ordered a big pack of drawstring bags from QVC this year and wasn’t too pleased with them at first (especially some of the prints and patterns) but I ended up using all of the large size ones for those odd-shapes gifts and the Kohl’s throws. I’ll probably order more next year.

I've used those bags from QVC for 3 years now. I love them! But then, I hate wrapping. LOL.    

I do wrap everything for the children.  Most of the fun in getting gifts is tearing off the paper :).

I've used those bags from QVC for 3 years now. I love them! But then, I hate wrapping. LOL.

I do wrap everything for the children. Most of the fun in getting gifts is tearing off the paper :).

What QVC bags???

Last night I wrapped almost all of DD15’s presents still waiting on old navy before I can finish her

I need to charge the 2DS and then wrap those

Still need to assemble 2 bikes

Tonight though a Christmas party with some ladies from my church

Cookies next week??? Maybe???

I do wrap everything for the children.  Most of the fun in getting gifts is tearing off the paper :).

I’ll probably order more next year, but I wish I could get more of the bigger sizes and way less of the smaller sizes and the wine bottle ones. We don’t drink so I have no use for all of those I got.

• Like 1

What QVC bags???

Last night I wrapped almost all of DD15’s presents still waiting on old navy before I can finish her

I need to charge the 2DS and then wrap those

Still need to assemble 2 bikes

Tonight though a Christmas party with some ladies from my church

Cookies next week??? Maybe???

This is the set I got but they have different configurations I think

https://www.qvc.com/Kringle-Express-70-Piece-Drawstring-Gift-Bag-Set-with-Tags.product.H215737.html?upsh=1&sc=H215737-CSWB&TZ=EST