Is there something you really want but won't ask for?

ilikefree

Is there something you'd really like to have for Christmas but won't ask for it for whatever reason, whether it is too expensive, not really needed, etc?

I'd really love a vacation to somewhere warm since I'm off work for a couple weeks over Christmas and the new year, but we can't afford it. Plus I really don't NEED it, just something I'd like to do for something different.

A new bike. I don't ask mainly because I don't have much space to store it (apartment dweller) but also because the bikes I'm looking at are not cheap. 

I bought a new Cannondale Mountain Bike from eBay a few weeks back. Got it on one of the eBay coupon days so saved a little more.

As for me I would like a new gaming computer, but it's way too expensive and I would build my own anyway.

• Like 1

The thing I would want more than anything doesn't cost a dime, but would be completely impossible.  I would love to have one more Christmas with my dad who passed away.  

Ditto for me, but with my mom... This will be my 13th Christmas without her and it's still rough sometimes. 

• Like 3

I always wanted to go to Tenessee. See the Dixie Stampede and stay in the Christmas Hotel down there.

I have done the Stampede but not stayed at the hotel. Pigeon Forge is beautiful already but when they put out all the Christmas lights .......You have to go 

We go to Pigeon Forge every year. Very neat place. If you make it try the Paula Deen restaurant on the Island. REALLY good food.

I thought the food was just ok. Maybe because I grew up in the south and use to it. The one in Savannah was just okay to me as well, but I did love the ho-cakes

I have done the Stampede but not stayed at the hotel. Pigeon Forge is beautiful already but when they put out all the Christmas lights .......You have to go 

I thought the food was just ok. Maybe because I grew up in the south and use to it. The one in Savannah was just okay to me as well, but I did love the ho-cakes

Been around southern food my whole life and very true it's not home made but for a restaurant I thought it was pretty good. I wanted to do the breakfast just so I could try the ooey gooey butter cake pancakes but we never made it. Maybe one year I will try it. We stayed at the Margaritaville Resort there and still didn't make it lol.

• Like 1

Been around southern food my whole life and very true it's not home made but for a restaurant I thought it was pretty good. I wanted to do the breakfast just so I could try the ooey gooey butter cake pancakes but we never made it. Maybe one year I will try it. We stayed at the Margaritaville Resort there and still didn't make it lol.

I usually rent a cabin or Chalet. It is so peaceful to sit on the back deck and hear nothing but nature. I have not been there for breakfast either but those pancakes do sound good. I might have to swing by. I plan on trying to get up there before it starts snowing a lot. If they shut down the highway you have to go all the way around and down through KY and that is a days drive in itself. So within the next month hopefully I will be back up there.  

• Like 1

I want a diamond ring from DH I have the very small diamond ring from when we first got married but it no longer fits at our tenth anniversary he gave me a quarter karat but the diamond fell out and was never found it would be nice to have one to wear but not a necessity
  • Like 4

I usually rent a cabin or Chalet. It is so peaceful to sit on the back deck and hear nothing but nature. I have not been there for breakfast either but those pancakes do sound good. I might have to swing by. I plan on trying to get up there before it starts snowing a lot. If they shut down the highway you have to go all the way around and down through KY and that is a days drive in itself. So within the next month hopefully I will be back up there.  

My wife's grandparents have a cabin in Whittier NC (just over the mountain about an hour drive) and we always spend a week or two there. So we end up making at least one trip over to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge usually spend a night or two. Love it around there.

I want a diamond ring from DH I have the very small diamond ring from when we first got married but it no longer fits at our tenth anniversary he gave me a quarter karat but the diamond fell out and was never found it would be nice to have one to wear but not a necessity

My DW lost the center diamond in hers as well. I plan on getting it replaced around our anniversary. 

• Like 2

I think me and my family are doing that this year. It has always been something I have wanted to do

You will love it. Every season is beautiful, but the Fall / Winter time is the best for me. Colorful leaves, Cozy fireplace, overlooking mountains, snow on the grown, lights glimmering on the wood, etc... ohhh how I love it..... sorry Dollywood you are a blast but if I have to choose it would be Winter.. 

You will love it. Every season is beautiful, but the Fall / Winter time is the best for me. Colorful leaves, Cozy fireplace, overlooking mountains, snow on the grown, lights glimmering on the wood, etc... ohhh how I love it..... sorry Dollywood you are a blast but if I have to choose it would be Winter..

We always go in the spring or summer but I have always wanted to see it at Christmas time

• Like 1

We are hoping to make it out there this year... I didn't think of renting a cabin/chalet.... I am longing for the quiet and everyone else is looking for the parties.....

• Like 1

I would love for my husband to have my engagement ring sized up a bit and I would love for us to get new wedding bands.  We will be celebrating our 22nd anniversary one month from today.  I've not been able to wear them for at least 5 years.  I miss wearing them.

• Like 1

We have one rented for the last week of June I will have all 6 of my kids and all grandkids(11) parents etc.. I have a photographer hired too it’s the first time I have had all of them in one place in over 10 years

That is going to be so special for you and them. It maybe the start of a new tradition....fingers cross. 

I would love for my husband to have my engagement ring sized up a bit and I would love for us to get new wedding bands.  We will be celebrating our 22nd anniversary one month from today.  I've not been able to wear them for at least 5 years.  I miss wearing them.

That would be nice, but from a mans perspective tell him what you want. We rack our brains all the time trying to get the right thing and most of the time it is something so simple and we over look it. Even if it is the ring resized now and new bands on the anniversary, etc whatever it is drop a big hint that is plain enough for us to get ( sorry guys )  and most of the time you will get it - that is within reason. 

• Like 1

That would be nice, but from a mans perspective tell him what you want. We rack our brains all the time trying to get the right thing and most of the time it is something so simple and we over look it. Even if it is the ring resized now and new bands on the anniversary, etc whatever it is drop a big hint that is plain enough for us to get ( sorry guys ) and most of the time you will get it - that is within reason.

It’s funny that you say that, I was just having a good laugh with my husband about my idea of a hint versus his earlier in our relationship. I thought I was dropping super obvious hints in the past but man, apparently I needed to be WAY more. Now we just go with “I really like this a LOT” or “if I wasn’t supposed to be shopping for others I’d get this.” Now he knows what that means but it sounds better than “buy me this.” He’s pretty good at coming up with gift ideas on his own but he likes to have 1 or 2 things he knows will go over well just in case.

• Like 3

It’s funny that you say that, I was just having a good laugh with my husband about my idea of a hint versus his earlier in our relationship. I thought I was dropping super obvious hints in the past but man, apparently I needed to be WAY more. Now we just go with “I really like this a LOT” or “if I wasn’t supposed to be shopping for others I’d get this.” Now he knows what that means but it sounds better than “buy me this.” He’s pretty good at coming up with gift ideas on his own but he likes to have 1 or 2 things he knows will go over well just in case.

Exactly, over the years I have learned that thank you smile and that THANK YOU SMILE. They are two different even though she is appreciative of whatever I give her I just like to know that I hit it out of the park.,

• Like 1

The thing I would want more than anything doesn't cost a dime, but would be completely impossible.  I would love to have one more Christmas with my dad who passed away.  

Mine is similar. My fiancee passed away in September. The Holidays will probably super rough this year.

• Like 1