When is everyone putting their Tree up?

Dlions720

The day or weekend after thanksgiving usually. Last year I think it was a week later, I just wasn't in the mood, and the rest of the houses didn't get decorated until a couple days before Christmas!

I can't do it before, I need to do one holiday at a time. That's how mama always did. What's funny though, is she now puts it up the weekend before thanksgiving, and all the other decorations too. Except the kitchen. After thanksgiving dinner, we switch it from thanksgiving to Christmas.

I hope I'm in a better mood this year and decorate again. The candy cane extension cord from True Value will be my motivation!

• Like 2

This year it will be either the day before or the day of Thanksgiving --- while the food is cooking. Somehow I managed to get 3 nights off in a row at the hospital, so that's when it will all get done! Mom is happy about it too. (Normally she would have wanted it up around the 10th - 12th.) But the older she gets, the sooner she wants to get celebrating. (She says "I could be dead by then! I want to celebrate NOW!")

I started mine in Sunday. It's a 12 foot tree so it takes a while. I hope to finish by this weekend. But the rule is we don't turn it on until we see someone else has theirs on so we aren't the first!

Sent from my SM-G935V using GottaDeal mobile app

12' Tree. Wow I have tree envy now. :) We want a huge one for our front room where we have like 25' high ceilings lol. Right now our tallest one is 9'

We have done a real tree for years and always get it the week of Thanksgiving.  We don't use a lot of heat. its in a window and I am really good about checking water so we had never had a bad tree at Christmas.  Just remember to do the "needle test" when you are shopping for the tree!  !

We have a house in the neighborhood that put up their Christmas yard and tree the 1st weekend in November and have their things on!  I love them! 

Edited by jewleyp
  • Like 2

After Thanksgiving. I'm tempted to do it this weekend though. I have some Thanksgiving decorations up so I want to wait since everyone is coming here. We have tickets to see Straight No Chaser the Saturday following Thanksgiving. With Black Friday plus a meal in there I'm not sure there will be much time that weekend to put it up. Maybe that Monday the 28th.