Official Black Friday TABLETS Discussion Thread

Brad

Don't want an Apple, leaning away from Android (she had previously) more interested in deals on a Windows tablet, or really small cheap laptop. It is just to take to school so she does not have to lug her heavier laptop

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using GottaDeal mobile app

I think you've got your plan.  See what deals you can find in either of those categories and weigh your options.

• Like 1

I think you've got your plan.  See what deals you can find in either of those categories and weigh your options.

Agreed, there is likely to be something that fit's your budget needs and portability needs. Like I said before if you're looking for good Win tablets keep your eyes out for deals on the previous gen Surface Pro 3. I know I will be lol

Don't want an Apple, leaning away from Android (she had previously) more interested in deals on a Windows tablet, or really small cheap laptop. It is just to take to school so she does not have to lug her heavier laptop

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using GottaDeal mobile app

Something like this one:  http://www.bestbuy.com/site/acer-switch-alpha-12-2-in-1-12-touch-screen-laptop-intel-core-i3-4gb-memory-128gb-solid-state-drive-gray/5622797.p?skuId=5622797

Full blown laptop, but detachable screen (tablet).  Best of both worlds!  $599

Possibly something like this:  http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-yoga-710-11-2-in-1-11-6-touch-screen-laptop-intel-pentium-4gb-memory-128gb-solid-state-drive-silver/5206500.p?skuId=5206500

Screen flips over to the back and acts like a thick tablet.  Pictures show it is cooler than I described.  lol $499.

• Like 1

Something like this one:  http://www.bestbuy.com/site/acer-switch-alpha-12-2-in-1-12-touch-screen-laptop-intel-core-i3-4gb-memory-128gb-solid-state-drive-gray/5622797.p?skuId=5622797

Full blown laptop, but detachable screen (tablet).  Best of both worlds!  $599

Possibly something like this:  http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-yoga-710-11-2-in-1-11-6-touch-screen-laptop-intel-pentium-4gb-memory-128gb-solid-state-drive-silver/5206500.p?skuId=5206500

Screen flips over to the back and acts like a thick tablet.  Pictures show it is cooler than I described.  lol $499.

Thank you yes.  Hoping BF will get them down lower.  

Thank you yes.  Hoping BF will get them down lower.  

Look up the weight for her current laptop.

Then you can compare to other options.

No sense in getting a new one just to find it weighs the same or more than the old one, though the one racerfan linked to looks mighty lightweight.

What do you all think of this one.  Its for my Daughter.  She has a regular laptop, but we are looking for something small and convertible to take to school. For notes, surfing for research  if needed in class.  At home possibly use for Netflix, but then she has her regular laptop.

Price is good. Its just to to take to school.  Her goes is heavy along with her books.  She has 6 classes and goes 3 days a week.

Thanks

What do you all think of this one.  Its for my Daughter.  She has a regular laptop, but we are looking for something small and convertible to take to school. For notes, surfing for research  if needed in class.  At home possibly use for Netflix, but then she has her regular laptop.

Price is good. Its just to to take to school.  Her goes is heavy along with her books.  She has 6 classes and goes 3 days a week.

Thanks

Hmm....nothing comes to mind...  ;)

Forgot the link maybe?

I'm really surprised that Target DOESN'T have a target gift card with their ipads this year?? Even though advertised prices seem pretty good, they seemed better last year with the gift card?!?! :/

I am surprised as well. Although, I want to say the iPad mini 2 is essentially the same price it was last year once you factored the gift card in, I believe. There is a lack of gift cards with Apple products throughout the ad; last year it seemed like they gave a gift card with everything.

I am surprised as well. Although, I want to say the iPad mini 2 is essentially the same price it was last year once you factored the gift card in, I believe. There is a lack of gift cards with Apple products throughout the ad; last year it seemed like they gave a gift card with everything.

Maybe there was some feedback. I'm one that says just cut the price, stop trying to make me come back and spend even more money via a card.

I'll take the $20 cash savings over a $20 gift card (that you always seem to spend $50 to use) every day of the week

Edited by sdn40

Honestly the gift card or the savings don't really matter to me in this. We are turning around and spending it at that store at that time anyway. When I did the one for the Apple Watch last year for my wife I did it online as soon as it hit and then we used the gift card when we went shopping at the store the next day. :)

I'm in the market for iPads this year.  I need minis for the kiddos (boys, aged 5 and 6), I'm thinking about the Mini 2 for them.  They've had the Nabi and the Nabi Dreamcast, but they beg to play with my mini 3 all the time.  It looks like Meijer will have the best deal on the mini with the $100 off coupon, as long as it's the 32GB version. 

DH is a little trickier. I think I'm leaning towards the Air 2, but I want to get him something really nice and I'm not sure that's it.   Maybe the Pro?  Also, I'm seeing a lot of the same deal (125 coupon or save 125), but nothing really stands out.  It would help if I could make up my mind on which model to get.  He doesn't play games on his existing tablet (6 year old HP webOS tablet that I rooted and loaded with Android), or watch movies or anything like that. I like the idea of 64GB (which the Pro doesn't come in). Ideally, the price will come in under 500.

Thinking about the Air 2 for my mom as well, she has a 1st generation iPad mini, and it's beyond time for an upgrade.

It looks to me like Meijers has the best deal on iPads, but I'm not sure about getting all of those coupons...if I knew I could buy the boys' minis, and then use their $200 towards the Air 2/Pro for DH, and then use the coupon from his towards my mom's Air 2, I would do that. Not sure if they allow that. I guess the good news is that their iPad sale is on Thursday, so if I miss out on something I can just get them elsewhere after that.  Is it any wonder I'm crazy?  :runaway:

So, does anyone have a recommendation on Air 2 vs. Pro, and is there a better deal? 

THANKS!

I am looking for a tablet.  I have narrowed it down to a Amazon Fire HD 8" or Samsung Tab A 8".   Both have good deals for Black Friday.  Any feedback on these?  Does it matter if you have google play or the amazon store for apps?   I am not a techie so appreciate any info.