Official Black Friday TABLETS Discussion Thread

Brad

Well, I ended up getting the Ipad Air 2 64GB  at Target yesterday.  Price matched to Staples @ $479.  Then there was a Cartwheel for 10% off.  ( Wasn't sure if this would work so put other stuff in cart with other cartwheel stuff).  So, it did work.  Then had my Dads' employee discount of 10% and Red Card discount of 5%.  Ended up paying about $368 + tax.  So, I think I got a great deal and that one is now crossed off my list. 

• Like 2

I want to buy a Kindle e-reader for my sister, who always borrows mine (I have one from 2010 that is still going strong). I don't think she would want the tablet, just an e-reader. Anyone know when the best time to buy these is and the most cost effective option?

• 2 weeks later...
ok question. my mom has a 2013 nexus 7, and she wants another tablet so she can watch and read at the same time. would the galaxy tab 3 lite be a comparable tablet? She has ms and anything bigger than a 8" is too hard for her to handle, and she prefers 7". She likes how light weight my ipad mini is but she hates apple's ios.

I am not a tech person. I want to get my kids a tablet for christmas. 9 and 4. I don't want to spend more than $100 each. I was thinking the galaxy tab 3. I know they will have tons of apps. The seond option the kindle fire and get google play on them. Any opinions on which is better?

We have had 2 versions of the Galaxy Tab, and they are great.  You can use Google Play on them.  You can also use the Amazon App store as well.

I don't really know too much about the Fires, sorry.

Both should be good for that age though.  :)

Microsoft Store will have Surface 3 + keyboard cover for $150 off.  That's better than Best Buy if you are planning to purchase a keyboard.

Surface Pro 3 says Save "up to" $200.  Not sure of the breakdown of that.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/cat/Black-Friday-Sale/categoryID.67001100?WT.mc_id=PromoEmail_en_US_Black_Friday_Leak_11-20-15_Hero_PreviewNow_HPC

A little late to start this but I am thinking of getting an Ipad for myself but not sure which one to get.  I know I do not want a mini as I want to see what I am looking at but not really sure beyond that - especially the memory size.  I will be using it to surf the web, emails, facebook, and may watch movies if it is not too hard to download.  What does everyone think?

It depends on how many app you're going to load, movies, pictures...

I don't have many apps on mine, except Netflix and Candy Crush!  I have rented movies on itunes and watched them while flying - it works great for that purpose.

You also need to consider if you just want wifi or 4G. 

I have an iPad Air 2...8 GB, wifi.  I use it mainly to watch Netflix and check email.  I don't like it necessarily to surf the web as it can be slow, pages may not load right and can lose connection.  I don't take pictures or videos with it, but it does have the capacity to do so. 

8 GB is a lot of storage.  My son has my older iPad and he has 4 pages of apps and still has a ton of space left! 

I would get one with the most memory you can afford to pay for or are willing to pay for.

Kanyon is correct on downloading movies. They take up lots of space.

I only have 16GB memory and it is fine the majority of the time but when I do like to have movies/TV show episodes downloaded when I travel so I have to remove most of my apps and music to have enough space. That is a pain but luckily my air travel has come to a halt recently.

I don't think you can go wrong getting yourself one unless you of course you aren't an Apple fan. I love mine. Use it daily.