Do you do ALL of your Holiday Shopping on Black Friday?

magickallight

• 4 weeks later...
I have never really gotten anyone checked off my list on Black Friday, let alone completed shopping! I buy things we want, but my shopping habits must be extreme! I start a list of ideas for people as soon as a full year before. I have been finished with my lists before BF, and use the shopping as fun and a bonus!

I usually start shopping in the summer, picking up odds and ends as I see them. At this point I'd say I was pretty much done with everyone except my 2 boys. I'm 90% done with my adult son and I haven't even really started on my youngest. Most of what he wants/will get I will pick up on bf.

I usually do a lot of my shopping on bf...but not this year!!   I am almost done with my shopping. The sales for what I need to get have been great!   For once I have no "must haves" for BF so it will be a stress free day of shopping!!

For me it's so dependent. I always try to start in October with my shopping. Unfortunately, I have 2 sets of lists. The "guaranteed" list and the "if I get a good bonus list". Unfortunately we don't know if we'll get a bonus until the 1st week of December and it has been nothing up to $1250.00. I will usually use bf to get me to at least the 50-75% Mark of my "guaranteed" list.

The last few years I hit some really good deals in early November online and I'm not finding things this year so I'm a little concerned with how behind I am.

Yes and no. I shop for the gifts of people that are local.

Though this year I will be getting my younger brothers gift on BF and shipping it to him. I try not to have too much to ship cause that starts getting expensive.

Older brother (wife and two kids), ex-sil (2 kids), and the mother of my nephew get e-gift cards. And the only reason for that is the kids, since I have had nothing but a post on FB from them for five years, really it is not that hard to pick up the phone and call!

With my sister I'll keep up the tradition of a small handmade gift each for her and her two girls and a small gift card to help buy the little things to fill their stockings, which this year are their homemade gifts from Auntie. They loved the little mini stockings I made them last year, that got filled with candy, and my sister loved it cause now only the little stockings are filled with candy, so less space for their local grandpa to stuff with sugar.

I start shopping around Halloween and like to finish up by Dec. 15th at the latest.  Last year I broke that rule and started shopping in July, but then I forgot just how much stuff I had bought and when I started pulling presents out of hiding I was shocked at the huge pile of stuff I had!  So I learned my lesson (that I have no self control) and have now gone back to my Halloween shopping start. 

As far as Black Friday, that's when I get the majority of the movies my kids have asked for, and usually some video games. And I usually jump on the cheap Hot Wheels sets.  Last year I bought a ton of stuff during BF week on Amazon, but this year I'm already 75% done with my shopping, so it won't be like that again.

Depends on the sales. Usually the stores I buy from have pretty good deals all year long. Also, I tend to give gift baskets as gifts and those hardly ever go on sale. I mean the ones Costco, BJs and Sam's sell. Granted, I do wait for Black Friday to buy stuff for my home. Maybe new set if towels, sheets, appliances, that sort of thing.

In the past I've been able to get all of my shopping done just on BF. But that was back when the kids were little and didn't have very specific gift requests. I don't shop throughout the year either, though every year I tell myself that I need to start doing that!