Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Help with MP3'S

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 whafs8  OFFLINE  

whafs8

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 21, 2005 - 4:27 pm

I bought a MP3 for my nephew and I need help with websites to download the songs. I am really confused. Some websites have a fee and then others are per song. I am not sure if the monthly fee is how many. Which website is the best and what do you get with a membership. Thanks.

#2 Bestbuy7  OFFLINE  

Bestbuy7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 21, 2005 - 5:48 pm

I bought a MP3 for my nephew and I need help with websites to download the songs. I am really confused. Some websites have a fee and then others are per song. I am not sure if the monthly fee is how many. Which website is the best and what do you get with a membership. Thanks.

yahoo has one [ not sure of website name]
itunes.com
napster.com
aol has one i think
kazaa.com [free] [ads]

#3 queenofshopping  OFFLINE  

queenofshopping

Human Mall Directory

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 21, 2005 - 5:59 pm

just be aware that anything that's 'free' is illegal

best way to go if he's gonna get a lot is to pay monthly, w/ which you almost always get unlimited downloads for that set price BUT w/ yahoo & itunes at least there's an additional charge IF you're going to burn the song to a cd (transfering to an mp3 player is fine)

sites that charge per song will be $0.88 (walmart i believe) & up, sometimes 2 or 3 bucks depending, but this can really add up

basically you pay & you have either a set amt of time (a month if that's what you paid for) to dl as much as you want, or you have an account & you're charged whenever you dl a song...itunes is by far the most popular (bc so many people have ipods), but i would research on price vs selection...most sites have millions of songs

best deal i think would be yahoo, which is $4.99/mo if you pay for a year, or $6.99 if you pay month by month, & $0.79 per song you want to burn to a cd

http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/

ive prob confused you tho, try going to that site & read about the service
Forget Santa, I want a visit from the UPS man! :mail:

#4 malachitecat  OFFLINE  

malachitecat

on cloud 9

• 1,106 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 21, 2005 - 9:42 pm

kazaa is full of worms and viruses. Limewire restricts some of the mp3's on how you can use them....such as mp3 player is okay, but not to burn to cd. I use morpheus since the shutdown of winmx.

#5 queenofshopping  OFFLINE  

queenofshopping

Human Mall Directory

• 1,531 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 21, 2005 - 11:12 pm

kazaa is full of worms and viruses. Limewire restricts some of the mp3's on how you can use them....such as mp3 player is okay, but not to burn to cd. I use morpheus since the shutdown of winmx.

:::sob::: oh winmx, return to me :no:

#6 RossMAN  OFFLINE  

RossMAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,066 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 21, 2005 - 11:18 pm

Please DO NOT post about illegal P2P applications like Limewire, Morpheus, etc.

#7 EliteABombAZ  OFFLINE  

EliteABombAZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 22, 2005 - 12:13 am

Ross, I will follow your request about not posting about those particular programs... GottaDeal doesn't want to get into any legal hot water... and I completely understand that... but I just wanted to say 1 thing... there is no such thing as an illegal P2P program... just actions that people take on them can be illegal. The media has just made it sound like... if you are not paying money for it, it is illegal. A lot of startup bands use these freebie programs as a way to get their music out then. Ok... I am done now. :D

#8 RossMAN  OFFLINE  

RossMAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,066 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 22, 2005 - 12:16 am

Ross, I will follow your request about not posting about those particular programs... GottaDeal doesn't want to get into any legal hot water... and I completely understand that... but I just wanted to say 1 thing... there is no such thing as an illegal P2P program... just actions that people take on them can be illegal. The media has just made it sound like... if you are not paying money for it, it is illegal. A lot of startup bands use these freebie programs as a way to get their music out then. Ok... I am done now. :D

You are correct but I'd still prefer people not discuss P2P applications as it leaves us liable.

#9 AndreaInNC  OFFLINE  

AndreaInNC

Caniac

• 7,152 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 22, 2005 - 6:20 am

check Napster-to-go. You can download unlimited songs for your MP3 compatible player for a monthly fee. No committment to renew every month either ..

#10 whafs8  OFFLINE  

whafs8

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 22, 2005 - 3:17 pm

Thanks so much. This really helps.

#11 BCBGirl  OFFLINE  

BCBGirl

Smile!

• 1,671 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 22, 2005 - 3:56 pm

My boyfriend and I use allofmp3.com, you can download cds for only a couple dollars. I don't think it is illegal?? and the sound quality is good. We have never had any problems, even though its based outside the US.
Quitters never win, winners never quit.

#12 queenofshopping  OFFLINE  

queenofshopping

Human Mall Directory

• 1,531 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 22, 2005 - 8:22 pm

Please DO NOT post about illegal P2P applications like Limewire, Morpheus, etc.

since they do without question exist, just speaking their name is just stating fact, it's not like we're offering a how-to guide

#13 cthulhu  OFFLINE  

cthulhu

Yaaarrrrr!!!

• 2,685 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 22, 2005 - 9:47 pm

I"ve never bought an mp3 so I couldn't say. Heck I don't even own an mp3 player. Yea, you don't send someone to p2p unless they expressly ask for it. And you certianly don't do it here. There are plenty of places to read about and discuss that type of stuff. Oh, and like soap opera characters, the dead have a way of coming back.
Sigs? We don't need no stinking sigs.

#14 killershroom  OFFLINE  

killershroom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 22, 2005 - 10:24 pm

My boyfriend and I use allofmp3.com, you can download cds for only a couple dollars. I don't think it is illegal?? and the sound quality is good. We have never had any problems, even though its based outside the US.

Russian based, so yup, it's legal.

#15 DON DADDA  OFFLINE  

DON DADDA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 22, 2005 - 10:29 pm

http://www.rhapsody....d=rotw.homepage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users