Reminder: Layaways

huseboy

Just a friendly reminder that all layaways have to be out at walmart, according to last name (at mine), by Dec. 15th. I went today and avoided the rush. My son has his laptop in his room but I wont let him open it. He is okay with that as long as I dont hide it or take it away. :) I have joked that I was going to take it out of the box and I was getting it instead. lol He did not find it funny.

I was worried after reading thread about somebody's layaway getting lost, that mine might. But I had that big smile when they opened that box and there it was. But what concerned me was they announced what was in the box and with only me and my son I was paranoid about walking out with it and other boxes in my cart. But all worked out. :)

Sorry I am rambling, Just thought I would drop a note. :)

grrr.....walmart layaways.....went last night to pick up Cinderella Power Wheels car........A few minutes to make final payment then 1/2 hr. to actually get the Cinderealla car. Had to have it loaded in my car.....OK so far. Got home & box open & the car was damaged........back to Wally World & had to wait 7 minutes for the stock guy to get off break to help carry the thing! All of this when it is like single digits out & getting colder! The good news is we have the cutest Cinderella car for our granddaughter....can't wait to see her face! :tweety:

Keep in mind too that any layaways that aren't picked up by the 15th will be returned to the shelf for others to purchase. So if there is anything special that you are looking for and have been unable to find, you should make nice with the layaway associate and ask them to call you if one comes off of layaway.

****This includes the laptops from BF. If they don't pick them up by closing on the 15th, they are free game at the time they open on the 16th! ****

Guest Daisy Duke

Walmart is going to be crazy in the coming days. I have to go there tomorrow to pick up a few things, but I think I'll go as soon as the kiddies are off to school.

I have a Newsflash!! Walmart is already crazy. I went to get mine out yesterday, everything was fine, but when I turned around to leave the layaway area, there was a 15 buggy line backed up.:cry2:

I just wanted to let you know that if you tell the layaway department that the layaway is NOT for Christmas then you can keep it in there longer and can pick it up later.

I've done this for the last 5 years at my Walmart. I also use to work there and was told by the layaway cashier about it so I tried it that year and have been doing it every year since. :D:yup:

Just thought I would pass that along. :2wiggle:

Be VERY careful about leaving your layaway at Wal-Mart. I worked in the layaway department of a Wal-Mart 2 Christmas seasons and they close on the 15th and don't reopen until after Christmas. If you leave it there you won't be able to pick it up until after Christmas!