What's the main thing YOU want for Christmas this year?

MarkRaby

I know a lot of us are too busy buying gifts for others to even think of ourselves, but surely there's that one item that you're just praying someone else gets for you. For me, it was kind of tough to think of anything I really wanted (especially since, for a couple months, pretty much anything I was dying to have I could buy at Best Buy and use my Best Buy Bucks ;)). But after looking through the BF ads and seeing a bunch of game tables, I've decided I really want a nice air hockey table (i.e. a real "air" hockey table, electronic scoring, etc). It would sure beat paying 50¢ per game at the arcade.

-Mark-

good question...well i grabbed one of the samsung dvdrs on bf for my parents to give me for xmas, & i have a list of some stuff on amazon, but i think my top 2 things are an upgrade to a dvr from the regular digital cable i have now, & the new ralph lauren perfume called pure turquoise (smells awesome!)

mostly tho it's hard for me to think of stuff for myself, i def put most of my brain power into scouting out gifts for others

I want the new Koontz book--Forever Odd--and if no one gets it for me, then I'll pick it up myself ;) The only other thing I really want is a kitchen island, but I don't see that happening.

I thought that the newest Koontz book was Life Expectancy. I haven' heard of Forever Odd. Is it like the sequal to Odd Thomas or is it unrelated?

I thought that the newest Koontz book was Life Expectancy. I haven' heard of Forever Odd. Is it like the sequal to Odd Thomas or is it unrelated?

Yes, it's the sequel to Odd Thomas :) I loved that book!! It came out last Tuesday. I liked Life Expectancy too, but my fav of the new stuff is still From the Corner of His Eye. The old stuff favorite will always be Watchers!

I am so used to not getting very much, kids get it all, so I really haven't thought about it much. I bought a digital camera for BF, so I guess I would consider that my present. Although a day away of rest and relaxation would so be nice, or at least a vacation with the kids (Disneyworld).

Okay, if i could get any physical thing? It would probably be a new CD/DVD burner for the computer. But if I could have anything it would be a completely clean house... all of the clothes washed and put a way; all of the dishes done, the floors done, the bathrooms and bedrooms spotless; everything in it's place. I have 3 kids 8 and under, so if you have kids you can understand why that would be my best gift.:cheesy:

Okay, if i could get any physical thing? It would probably be a new CD/DVD burner for the computer. But if I could have anything it would be a completely clean house... all of the clothes washed and put a way; all of the dishes done, the floors done, the bathrooms and bedrooms spotless; everything in it's place. I have 3 kids 8 and under, so if you have kids you can understand why that would be my best gift.:cheesy:

I take mine back. I like yours better. I know exactly what you mean. I have 4 boys 14, 11, 5, and 3.

Yes, it's the sequel to Odd Thomas :) I loved that book!! It came out last Tuesday. I liked Life Expectancy too, but my fav of the new stuff is still From the Corner of His Eye. The old stuff favorite will always be Watchers!

I love Koontz! Watchers was the first that I read. After that I was hooked. From the Corner of His Eyes was great. Now I've got to go look for Forever Odd. I loved Odd Thomas. :bigcry: I bawled like a baby at the end!

I am so used to not getting very much, kids get it all, so I really haven't thought about it much. I bought a digital camera for BF, so I guess I would consider that my present. Although a day away of rest and relaxation would so be nice, or at least a vacation with the kids (Disneyworld).

If I was to get a whole day of rest and relaxation, I probably wouldn't know what to do with myself... but would sure like to try!:D

I love Koontz! Watchers was the first that I read. After that I was hooked. From the Corner of His Eyes was great. Now I've got to go look for Forever Odd. I loved Odd Thomas. :bigcry: I bawled like a baby at the end!

Me too--and I really like that I can let my 13 yo read most of his books too!! A Dean Koontz fan email list was the first list I ever joined about 10 years ago when I got my computer <g>

Me too--and I really like that I can let my 13 yo read most of his books too!! A Dean Koontz fan email list was the first list I ever joined about 10 years ago when I got my computer <g>

I hadn't even thought about that, maybe I should let me son look at one (he is only 8 going on 9, but he reads at like a 6ths or 7th grade level). I have let him read The Xanth Series by Piers Anthony as I really like them and they are something that I find appropriate for his age. Plus we have read all of the Harry Potter Series to date. So I might get Watchers out for him. See if he takes to it. Thanks for the idea.

Well, on BF, I put a desktop computer & digital camera on layaway at Walmart, so I consider those my gifts ... HOWEVER, hubby has something for me on layaway too but he gave someone else the receipt to hold on to :mad: LOL...I honestly don't know - The kids usually get me candles, so I act surprised every year ;)

I would definitely do a day at a spa or simply a full day and overnight in a hotel room (even here in town) by myself. All I would do is sleep :rotflol:

Last year, I was very surprised though because hubby got me a white gold necklace with heart pendant w/3 diamonds in the middle. That wasn't the best part...he actually put a lot of thought into it :tongue1: I was 8 months pregant with our 3rd child and he told me that each diamond symbolizes eternal and unconditional love from the children (he said the heart was our love). Not sure if someone told him that, or if he came up with it on his own, but I'll bite :giggle:

Last year, I was very surprised though because hubby got me a white gold necklace with heart pendant w/3 diamonds in the middle. That wasn't the best part...he actually put a lot of thought into it :tongue1: I was 8 months pregant with our 3rd child and he told me that each diamond symbolizes eternal and unconditional love from the children (he said the heart was our love). Not sure if someone told him that, or if he came up with it on his own, but I'll bite :giggle:

That is really sweet! When I was pregnant with our 3rd, my husband got me a mother's ring. It is my most favorite piece of jewelry. Don't tell him, but I even love it more than the diamond studs that he got me for our 1st Christmas.

I told everyone not to buy me anything and just buy for someone else on the angel tree here in town. I always ask for a day of no arguing. I would love a new ceremic tile floor in my living room, but oh well I have done without everything up to this put and so I dont need it now. :)

Oh, I did ask for stuff for my sons kart that he races but everybody refused to buy me a tire or something like that for Christmas, oh well it was worth a try. :)

Guest all2tired
Honestly the only thing I want for me is for my kids to stop fighting with each other and to help me around the house. If they'd only pick up after themselves it would make my life so much easier and a little bit happier

A Laptop, a picture printer for my digi (I forgot what they are called)

And like a few of you a presentable house, my children have seemed to have flipped their lids here lately and seems to me I get ignored, strange way to be acting right before Christmas dont ya think:runaway:

Can I be greedy and ask for a clean house AND a new Koontz book, as well as time to read it???? LOL.

The last I read was Frankenstein Book Two. Odd Thomas was great! I can't wait to read Forever Odd, but I really prefer to read paperback so I've been suffering lately. That man has kept me busy for the last 15+ years reading his novels, lol. With the limited reading time I have now with a third munchkin on the way, I can just about read them as they come out.

As for other "gifts", I sort of need a new laptop because mine is about to kick the can, but that's more of a need for school (full-time MBA student) than a gift. I'd really love to have a Canon Digital Rebel XT, but I'm not sure that we can afford it and since I'm the bill payer in the house and hubby is the money earner, I'm not going to ask for it. If we can afford it after everyone else is taken care of, maybe I'll think about it.

I want a new camcorder I have a really old extra large one, but I would really like a smaller one. I do not know enough about them to know what kind I want but those that do not require a tape or dvd look pretty good. I also want the family together 1 more Christmas. My kids are growing up and moving out-- thats why I want the camera it would help me record what could me the last Christmas we are all together for quite a while.

...if I could have anything it would be a completely clean house... all of the clothes washed and put a way; all of the dishes done, the floors done, the bathrooms and bedrooms spotless; everything in it's place.

THAT"S WHAT I WANT...somebody call hubby and tell him!!!! :cheesy:

I want an Apple iBook. Not a chance for Christmas as I normally don't get anything. We just buy for the kids here. Hubby says I won't like a Mac because he is a confirmed Windows addict but I beg to differ................maybe tax time.

Well let see what do I want for Christmas? Here is the list I gave DH. LOL

New Diana Gabaldon book: A Breath of Snow and Ashes

Couple pairs of new sweatpants

Couple of L/S T-shirts to match the sweats

Couple pair of new slipper scuffs

Pink UNC shirt

New can opener (B&D Gizmo)

** Nintendo DS (Pink or Titanium)**

**Animal Crossing for DS**

** Zoo Tycoon for DS**

(Yes, in fact I am a kid at heart and an avid gamer. LOL)