WM BF Gameboy SP Exchange

decafmom

I bought the Gameboy SP Advance on BF, but found out here that there are ones that have the new, brighter screens. Just as an FYI for anyone else out there who didn't get the "new" one, I took mine back and exchanged it for the "new" one today with no problem.

I got my Sp bundle at Target. They were the ones with the "new and brighter screen". I haven't opened it, but thats whay it said on the box. Its a sliver blue color

Yes, the silver blue color is the new one, so I've been told. I just bought it alone at WM for $48.88 on BF. I was 2nd in line and had my choice of what color I wanted, and I chose navy blue, not knowing that the pearl blue was the better one! Wish I would have known then, but I got it fixed tonight.

Pulled these pics off of Toysrus.com (pictures someone submitted). You can see the difference in the light between the "new" one and "old" one. I just got the newer one for my daughter but I'm not sure how much it will even matter. Don't know how often she will even use the back light. :)

http://g-images.amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/ac/19/9364224128a093bc46686010.L.jpg

http://g-images.amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/03/f6/0a7f224128a0a3bc46686010.L.jpg

Oh, and just to clarify, I'm not sure what game the person in the pic is playing, but it DOES NOT represent the graphical capabilities of the Game Boy... The graphics are actually really nice.

LOL yeah, it looks like they are playing some type of Atari game :)

Thanks for letting me know about the back light too. Glad I got her the newer one then :)

We have the "older" GBA SP which I'm happy with, not gonna drop $99 for a brighter screen.

Add another $30 and get the Nintendo DS.

I agree. That's what DH and I decided b4 we started Christmas shopping this year. Not ready to drop another $150 bucks (x3-1 for each kid) when the SPs they have are only about a year old. Maybe next year--or even birthdays.

I bought the Gameboy SP Advance on BF, but found out here that there are ones that have the new, brighter screens. Just as an FYI for anyone else out there who didn't get the "new" one, I took mine back and exchanged it for the "new" one today with no problem.

im shocked they did that bc as far as i know the new ones weren't part of the bf sale...u got an awesome deal! :shock:

im shocked they did that bc as far as i know the new ones weren't part of the bf sale...u got an awesome deal! :shock:

I heard here that the new ones weren't supposed to be part of the sale after BF, but I know that they were handing lots of them out at my WM that day. One of my friends got one of the new ones and had to have the manager come adjust the price at checkout as it wouldn't ring up $48.88. I was 2nd in line and could have gotten one, but didn't know there was a difference in the system itself, and chose the dark blue one just because I liked it better. Well, now I have the pearl blue one and it will be fine. I should have just taken it to begin with, but I didn't know. LOL

I heard here that the new ones weren't supposed to be part of the sale after BF, but I know that they were handing lots of them out at my WM that day. One of my friends got one of the new ones and had to have the manager come adjust the price at checkout as it wouldn't ring up $48.88. I was 2nd in line and could have gotten one, but didn't know there was a difference in the system itself, and chose the dark blue one just because I liked it better. Well, now I have the pearl blue one and it will be fine. I should have just taken it to begin with, but I didn't know. LOL

I went through the same thing on BF at Walmart, the manager had to adjust the price for me as well. For some reason he thought saying to me that this model wasn't part of the sale was the end of our conversation. Silly manager:D

You have been exchanging them for the newer ones and not having to pay the difference? If that is so, great deal! I ended up pming mine at the PX and I don't think they even have the new ones - I will have to check though. They are usually good about exchanging, pming, etc.! Thanks for the idea. I agree that I wouldn't pay the difference to get a new one, but to get it at the same price- YEAH!

At my Walmart they handed out the new ones (behind the glass) while waiting for the blitz ones to come out of the backroom. At checkout it rang up $79, I mentioned the price difference and the csm came over and adjusted it. There were 15-20 of us in electronics that got these so I hope they were paying attention when they were rung up!

I went into Wal-Mart 2 weeks before black friday and put mine on layaway. went to pick it up on BF and had the same problems it was ringing up 79. not the sale price. The girl in layaway said it is because i got one that is not the advertised one. I argued for a little and finally got them to give me the sale price.:g_thumbri

the "new brighter screen" sp's are a little TOO bright, IMO. the girl i babysit for got one, and i tried it out. i didn't see a difference with it at first, but then i pressed the light button and it was too bright for me to play. basically it seems like they just eliminated the option to have no backlight, put the regular backlight on the no backlight setting, and added one that's too bright for some people to play on :-P

I just exchanged my blue and red GB's for the "brighter screen" sets today! thanks to this thread! :) They were ringing up the same during the exchange, but the girl wanted to double check anyways (what's the difference if they are ringing up the same, though! DUHHH) at first the manager told me that they aren't the same, that those were $69, so I said (haha) "oh well if they are $69, and the normal price of my BF sets were $79, i should get some money back, right???"

Well that changed his mind and said "it's ok to exchange!" Well we shouldn't have even went thru that if they are RINGING UP THE SAME AMOUNTS ANYWAYS!!!! STUPID PEOPLE!