What does everyone need for their kids?

stephdig

Im kind of dreading shopping this year. our 17yr old son wants a tablet and gift cards and probably a video game. our oldest daughter(14yr old ) wants gift cards, a chi ,tablet , Ugg boots and clothes. our 11 & 8 yr old want ipods , crafting things ,clothes,video games for wii.

plus aunts ,uncles and nieces and nephews.

which tablet to get is the question ,i dont want spend alot cuz they have smart phones they are on all the time , but i dont want to get something thats not good quality either.

• Like 1

Im kind of dreading shopping this year. our 17yr old son wants a tablet and gift cards and probably a video game. our oldest daughter(14yr old ) wants gift cards, a chi ,tablet , Ugg boots and clothes. our 11 & 8 yr old want ipods , crafting things ,clothes,video games for wii.

plus aunts ,uncles and nieces and nephews.

which tablet to get is the question ,i dont want spend alot cuz they have smart phones they are on all the time , but i dont want to get something thats not good quality either.

You should get a nexus 7.  It is a very good tablet and runs $225.  You can get it from the Google Play store.  Another option would be the Samsung Tab 7.  Those run $199 typically.  Right now, the 2nd edition is on clearance at Walmart for $139.  If you can find it, the Asus MEMO tablet isn't too bad.  It runs about $110.  But I would probably pay the extra $30 and get the Tab. Don't get a no-name brand for under $100.  Those get poor tech support. 

http://www.walmart.com/browse/ipad-ereaders/tablet-pcs/3944_1078524_1078084/?_refineresult=true&facet=price%3A%24100+-+%24150&povid=cat1078524-env377582-moduleB122512-lLinkZone2ShopTabletsByPrice2100to150

All 3 are asking for Disney Infinity which I have already gotten and put away.  There are various legos for each of them.  My boys start middle school next week so I am sure their lists will grow as they are together with new friends.  We are doing Disney for 2 weeks in November this year so I already told them that Christmas will be scaled back. But their birthdays are in January and February so I usually try to shop for everything at the same time

All 3 of my kids want a tablet this year. They also want Disney Infinity and all the figures that go with that. Those are the big things they are asking for. My dd11 is also asking for craftt things and everything from Justice..pretty much the whole store...lol! My dd7 is also asking for Disney princess items, she loves Rapunzel,brave, and Sofia. My ds5 is still OBSESSED with Disney cars so he just keeps asking for more of them, which is hard because after so many years not too many new ones come out...lol

Assuming I even have any money this year... I'm a bit stressed about that.

DS14 wants Xbox One

DS17 wants PS4

DD22 hasn't said. She also has a birthday before then. I always pay a months rent for part of her Christmas. And unless she comes up with something else, it will be a new phone for birthday, and windows tablet for Christmas.

All 3 are asking for Disney Infinity which I have already gotten and put away.  There are various legos for each of them.  My boys start middle school next week so I am sure their lists will grow as they are together with new friends.  We are doing Disney for 2 weeks in November this year so I already told them that Christmas will be scaled back. But their birthdays are in January and February so I usually try to shop for everything at the same time

I had to google the Disney Infinity. I think my younger 2 would like it. They both have a 3DS.

My 10 year old wants a kindle fire hd, or a seagull guitar. She also wants craft stuff and barbies. Not sure what the older ones want yet but they all know I need list from them. The grandkids are fun and easy. DGS 3 wants anything Thomas the Train, DGD2 is getting a Play Kitchen and stuff to go with it, DGS1 wants any thing his 3 year old brother has, DGS 9 months and 7 months are pretty much done thanks to Target clearance and I will add  clothes and pjs

I have two 15 year old boys and will be 7 year old girl.

I honestly don't know what I am looking for this year.  I think that I am getting one laptop for them all to share.  It will stay in a central location and they will have certain times that they can be on it.  I would love to get them all one each, but I can't afford to do that.  I am not even sure if I will get it BF or not because I want one with HDMI hookups.

We are thinking about getting a weight set for my boys (and husband).  Not sure though because we don't know where we would put it because I don't want my daughter getting hurt on it.

I've heard one my boys say that they wanted a new guitar and the other mentioned a better keyboard.  So we may get that. 

Other than those things, I have thought about buying clothes and giving gift pre-paid credit cards so they can get what they want.  We have just not decided. 

For my daughter, she has not really asked for anything.  I do know that I will probably get her some clothes since she loves clothes.  She already has a NABI tablet.  We are not going to get her many toys this year.  She will probably get some DVDs.  Her Nintendo DS has cracks in the screen so I will probably be on the lookout for a DS 3D since there are some games that will only work on the 3D system. 

I can't think of much that my 4 need but these are my ideas:

DS17: new Xbox One or PS4 & possibly a bigger flat screen

DD10: I really don't have any ideas; she is the hardest to shop for

DS6: Disney infinity, lego sets, a new book series

DD almost 3: A.G. Bitty Baby, Loving Family Dollhouse & new Doc McStuffins play center; she's the easiest to shop for :)

For the whole family, I'm thinking of getting a bluray player (I'm always late to the technology party) so they can get Netflix and Amazon streaming movies in the living room instead of having to haul the Xbox back and forth from DS18's room.  Looking at regular prices on them now, I'm counting on finding one around $50 on BF.

I'm thinking of getting my DIL a Kindle Fire. She's always reading fan fiction stories on her phone. I think she'll enjoy being able to actually SEE what she's reading. DS22 needs/wants some new boots. DS18 will probably get the latest Call of Duty game (surely there'll be a new one out - seems like there has been the last few years). Those are their most expensive items. There will be lots of "filler" gifts. 

My oldest grandbaby will be 2 this Christmas. He's going to be SO MUCH FUN this year that I'm sure I will go WAY overboard and get him anything and everything.  The new grandbaby will be 6 months at Christmas. He'll be more interested in the paper, so he'll just get a few little toys.  :holiday16

We are going to be buying our daughter some Doc McStuffins things (wish they made a play house like hers) outside of that it all really depends on what we find that we think she may like. She will be 3 when Christmas rolls around this year so we're still in the easy days. :)

I'll need to pick up Skylanders Swap Force for wii and some figures for ds9, along with a 3DSXL and some games for that. I also want to get him some of those Lego chima bionicle guys. I have a box of stuff from the Target toy clearance for him so I basically just need the main stuff. As for ds4, he's almost done thanks to the toy clearance. He wants that Doggy Doo game and a spongebob game, so I'll pick those up. And I want to get a few more action figures for him, like Batman and some villains. I guess that's about it. Oh, and when Turbo, monsters u, and despicable me 2 come out on DVD I'll grab those. The kids loved them.

Im really struggling with what to get our son who is 17 here is WHY... last xmas he got what he wanted basiclly...a new smartphone,jordan clothing,3 pair jeans from aero, xbox game and many other pricy items.

sadly he went on twitter and complained about what he got from us and santa. said he only needed 2pair jeans not 3. said he got better gifts from other family memebers :'( .

he wants a laptop and I wont get him that. I think best thing is give him gift cards for places like for clothes. part me also wants spend less on him becuz he clearly did t appreciate what he got from us.

my husband his dad just found out and didnt say much i think he was shocked.

does it make me a bad parent to spend less on him this year. after he calls his FAMILY morons and is ungratful during holidays ?

• Like 1

My daughters have reached the point that I think we're going to start buying stuff for their activities as gifts. My oldest daughter is a competitive gymnast, so she'll probably be getting new grips & wrist guards, leotards, shorts, and a huge supply of kinesiology tape and ace bandages! (lol) My second daughter is a competitive dancer so she'll probably be getting new dance shoes (she does 3 different styles of dance which means 3 different types of shoes plus spare pairs), leotards, tights, skirts, sweaters, a bigger dance bag to keep everything in, etc..... My boys activities aren't as expensive, so they'll probably get new video games or something. 

Honestly, I'm so over the mass accumulation of "stuff" that my husband and I are seriously considering having their main gift be tickets to Disneyland.

does it make me a bad parent to spend less on him this year. after he calls his FAMILY morons and is ungratful during holidays ?

I don't think so...at 17 he should know better. I'm sure he could have had a word with YOU to return/exchange the EXTRA jeans or whatever else he had issue with instead of being an ungrateful @$s.

I use facebook and twitter for coupons mainly (most ppl don't know I have it) so I'd never thought about how all these comments ppl put on there could hurt others...especially parents who track kids activity probably to keep them safe mainly :(

• Like 1

Im really struggling with what to get our son who is 17 here is WHY... last xmas he got what he wanted basiclly...a new smartphone,jordan clothing,3 pair jeans from aero, xbox game and many other pricy items.

sadly he went on twitter and complained about what he got from us and santa. said he only needed 2pair jeans not 3. said he got better gifts from other family memebers :'( .

he wants a laptop and I wont get him that. I think best thing is give him gift cards for places like for clothes. part me also wants spend less on him becuz he clearly did t appreciate what he got from us.

my husband his dad just found out and didnt say much i think he was shocked.

I am assuming that your 17 yr old has been spoken to by you and hubby about this. I am truly sorry he hurt your feelings like that. Perhaps a large lump of coal in a laptop sized box and the gift cards, not enough to buy his laptop but just enough to tell him to earn the rest for it. Bless you.

• Like 2