"Theme" Christmas tree or "mix"?

angel-too

I have theme tree. Red and gold. Red pointsetias, red cardinals with long feathery tails, berries, bows, and red velvet/gold trim looped loosely from the top to the bottom in four sections. Also alot of berry branches sticking out all over. Alot of work, 3-4 hrs. :cheesy: but I love the result.

It's funny, when I was growing up we had a mixed tree, colored lights,colored ornaments, tinsel and tinsel like garland. When I grew up I knew I wanted a theme tree. My 16 yr. old grew up with my trees,says when she's on her own, she's having a mixed tree!:(

I would love to do a theme tree...just not right now. Once we get a bigger home where we can have 2 different trees, one will be themed and one will be traditional. I just don't know if I can go through a Christmas without my "traditional" Christmas tree with the multicolored lights and shiny ornaments to go on it :D

I used to do a theme before we had Lyric lol but with a 2yr old its too hard to keep up with a theme for the tree so now its all mix matched. I used to do pink and silver or blue and silver on my tree. I'm HOPING to have my white tree next year and do my pink, blue and silver theme again.

I have a mix. I do not mean to offend anyone but the "theme trees - exp. only 1 or 2 colors" seem so boring to me.

Oh, not boring at all, there's more than just two colored ornaments. Lots of accessories........... ribbons, bows, etc. Actually there are whole aisles in the stores dedicated for theme trees, go down one once and see all that is offered, so many unique things. Don't want to brag, but anyone who sees my tree oohs and ahhhs. My biggest compliment comes from my stepson, he says my tree looks like something from Marshall Fields, and it always feels like Christmas at our house........... Oh and by the way, my tree turns, its on a revolving base.

Well, I have a thrown together tree. With my family, its the only way to go. The kids have so many ornaments that they make and love to display. Also, they like to decorate and usually the ornaments tend to stay near the bottom, but they have such a wonderful time doing it and are usually so proud that I just leave it. Although, this year we did get a few more toward the top since my 10 yr old is quite a bit taller this year. But, the baby is making up for it by pulling off all the ones on the bottom. Oh well, it still looks great to me!!

:holiday10

I have had a couple years of theme trees...always dreamed of an all blue and white tree.....but after getting my wish..it just didnt seem 'pretty' anymore...I missed the ornaments I inherited when my parents divorced so I usually have a mixed tree with new beautiful ornaments and about 20% of those from my childhood mixed in...my five girls now know the stories of those ornaments...(some are looking like they are well over 35 yrs old too!) and they know the stories of all the newer ornaments ...all of which they will one day either fight over or pay the other to take..lol

I have wanted to do a bandana western themed tree. i saw one at Graden Ridge several years ago and loved it but the nearest one is an hour away. Maybe I could just make the stuff instead of buying it. Any ideas???

ohhhhh, this is my 100th post, woohoo!!!!!

:bounce_fl:gd_orange:gd_not_ri:gd_purple:thumbsup::multi::2woot::banana::holiday16

my mother had a all white tree is was pretty.. but she passed it to me and we have changed it not sure if because the stuff started just falling apart dry root i guess ,, but kids are all small so it is a mix of moslty there name oranment my mom buys them one every year and then a family one.. so we have moslty those and stuff kids have made at school. i want a theme vicitorn tree but hubby said no maybe when kids get bigger or are gone,, because it would cost alot to start over... we got ride of big tree mom gave us gave to lady with 4 kids and no tree and bought a a little 6.5 pre lit for 20.00. because the other took up whole living room

I have a white tree with all of my snowman ornaments and snowflakes on it. It also has blue and silver beads, bells, and garland. Then I have my green tree with all of my homemade ornaments and garland on it. It's more of a traditional tree. Everything on it is handmade except the lights and the topper.

Definitely mixed with colored lights. I would love to do a theme tree but for now it is only a dream, although I have started collecting ornaments for my theme tree, I've just been putting them on my mixed tree and then when I have enough I'll do a 2nd tree or my kids will be a little more grown up and won't care if the bulb they made when they were 6 is on the tree or not.:)

We have the nice formal tree that's 7.5 ft, prelit and spins in the family room. It's a green tree with blue and silver ornaments, ribbon and bows. lol at the Marshall Fields thing, people say that ours is a department store tree all the time.

In the den we have a 6 ft green but multi-colored wonder of wonders, ribbons, bows, all different kinds/colors of ornaments. I grew up with a multi-colored tree so having this one just reminds me of being a kid and actually puts me more in the Christmas mood than the other tree. *Shhh, I guess I'm technically supposed to like my 'adult' tree more than the 'kid' one.......but I can't help it!

I grew up with a mixed tree with ornaments from all the years and a few new ones each year. As a teen we added an outside tree with red bows and bird seed ornaments for the birds and squirrels. I also got a tree of my own as a teen, just for teddy bear ornaments.

This year we will do a big tree with all sorts of mixed ornaments, and one at my parents. My kids will have a separate tree for fun, although the big tree is full of their ornaments. The little tree will have teddy bears, b/c my dau is as nuts about them as I was as a teen. I have all my old teddy ornaments and she is getting some new ones she doesn't know about yet!

I think we will probably do a few 12" trees around our small house too - one in each kids room!