aol question

vhalk

sorry i just have to say i love aol...ive had it for 6 years & i could never imagine not having it...that said i know a lot of people dont like it, & it has its share of issues

There are reasons behind it:

It's horribly over-priced... I don't care how many small utilities it tries to package... Also, even though you pay the most amount of money for dial-up service, you are still bombarded with ads... What's with that!?

My mom has AOL and she actually likes it. She still is on dial up even though she can get dsl for less money. It takes forever to just get logged on and then its miserable trying to get to the web from her start up page.............Don't install it!! After saying goodbye to AOL over 4 years ago and going to cable I just can't imagine putting that crap on my computer again...............but the disks do make fine christmas ornaments.

Guest unicron

If you use AOL Dialer, you can bypass it's startup page. It won't show up. Just open your browser of choice and you're on the web. I've been getting AOL for the last 2 years for free because everytime I try to cancel they would give me additional free months. I've had no problems with AOL.

My mom has AOL and she actually likes it. She still is on dial up even though she can get dsl for less money. It takes forever to just get logged on and then its miserable trying to get to the web from her start up page.............Don't install it!! After saying goodbye to AOL over 4 years ago and going to cable I just can't imagine putting that crap on my computer again...............but the disks do make fine christmas ornaments.

If you bought the Toshiba from CC with 1 year aol contract, it's already installed on your system. If you open up 9.0, its already fully loaded, only needs one or two quick updates, so why not use it for the free XM radio or the many free music videos/songs you can watch and listen to?

If you bought the Toshiba from CC with 1 year aol contract, it's already installed on your system. If you open up 9.0, its already fully loaded, only needs one or two quick updates, so why not use it for the free XM radio or the many free music videos/songs you can watch and listen to?

I wouldnt use it because the software is clunky and takes up too much space on a computer for such a lousy program. Just my opinion. :D

There are reasons behind it:

It's horribly over-priced... I don't care how many small utilities it tries to package... Also, even though you pay the most amount of money for dial-up service, you are still bombarded with ads... What's with that!?

i got a special deal a few years ago where i get it for a locked-in rate of like $17/mo instead of whatever it's up to now, & im still on dial-up but i dont really see any ads, in fact the pop-up blocker is awesome