How many Laptops at your Wal-Mart?

Bobafett73

Bremerton, WA / Our W*M had 10. Yep, 10. There was a line of 3000 people. This is a county with a population of roughly 200k. COUNTY-wide. I knew from other people's prior experiences that only the bare minimum of sale items would be available, and that it would be a free-for-all -- so we skipped W*M this year. Didn't miss it :-)

9 for the W*M here in Las Vegas (Rainbow & Flamingo location). People were pissed and every W*M support person and manager was busy putting out fires from disgruntled holiday shoppers. Compared to W*Ms in other US cities (based on your postings), my Las Vegas W*M handled the whole BF experience very poorly. From today on, I will NOT shop W*M anymore and if I need anything at 3am, i'll drive to the other side of town to the other W*M SuperCenter.

Got there at 3:30am...probably 40th in line. I heard an Ass't Mgr. came out and gave vouchers to the 1st 9 people in line who wanted the laptops. Wish they would have announced it to the rest of the shoppers so I could have left then and there.

Personally, 'not getting the laptop' didn't piss me off too much. I've only started shopping at Wal-Mart in the last 2 months. I find the prices unbelievably low and the quality even lower.

standing in line at a wal-mart for 7+ hours, hmmm, I can think of better things to do. That is just plain crazy, specially since you could have gotten one thru Dell for $399. To stand in line for 7+ hours to save $20, WOW, my time is worth more then that. I dont know that I would be bragging about standing in line all night, getting home by 6 for bed to save $20, just my opinion.

Athens, GA Wal-Mart had 24 laptops. There were 40 people in line at 3 a.m. Luckily, we weren't there for the laptop. DH had to wait in the line anyway, because there was only one line to get into electronics period. They didn't give out tickets for anything.

My WM in Hopkinsville, KY had 25. I was 18th in line at 3:00 am and there were about 30 in line at around 3:45. I got mine. YAY. The two hour wait went by really fast, not at all as bad as I thought it would be. Thanks to friendly shoppers in line with me who didn't mind chatting about the sales.

14 at Wal-mart here. What bothered me was that I was at Wal-mart the night before at 10 pm with DH and no one could/would say anything about them. But when we got there they next morning, they had set out chairs and if you had a chair you had a laptop. Husband was more than willing to stay overnight, but never got to, so we missed out. But they were very unorganized this year. We never did find the $8 dvds (of which I wanted a few) because none of the managers could tell us where they were. We asked several and they all said that they didn't know. One actually said that he had been looking for them too. How could they just not know where they were at?

We only had 14 in State College, PA, a college town for God's sake, wouldn't you think there'd be more?? They were all accounted for by the time I got there.

while i agree that there should have been more, there were also 15 at the other wal mart in town. i think the number is based on a formula of store size + proximity to other stores + population in the area. at least that is what it seems like to me.

i am sorry you did not get your laptop.

At Logan, WV Walmart we had 25... I arrived at 1:50 in the morning, was 5th in line... time passed quickly... by 4:30 I would say there were about 70 people in line. Everyone was told that there were only 25 laptops, but they still waited...

Our Walmart had the laptops in the offices by Customer Service, so we lined up there. The first person in line was an employee of Walmart, she had been waiting there since midnight. There was at least one more Walmart employee in line also. I was told that the manager of our Walmart, Bob Nolan, does not let employees get any of the merchandise for Black Friday unless they get it like everyone else does... I think that is great that they put the customers and not the employees first!

Toward the end there was some pushing, and people trying to cut, but up at the front of the line, we didn't let anyone in!

The one I went to is in Hamburg NY (near Buffalo) and they had 20. They seemed to have very limited supplies of everything this year. Which never seemed the case in the past.

Now, I went to a smaller Walmart later that night and they seemed to have a ton of items left over. They still had the CPK dolls, they had bins of the lightsabres, they had 7 powerwheels. They had tons of the (23 inch I believe) TV's (at least 50), and at least 100 DVD players still. They also had no less than 30 of the Dora/Sponge Bob TV/Players. There was still a pallet of those LCD TV's that were $178 or something like that. Lots of digital camera's on palletts too. As well as tons of other BF merchandise the other one ran out of. The bad thing is this Walmart has nothing else near it. All the other stores are a solid 45-60 minutes away.

There were 13 at the supercenter in Lancaster, PA. I was 7th in line at 3 a.m.

We were 15th in the line and if we had bowled over the people who walked in the store in front of us before 4 am, we would have been 13th. It was a disaster - really hard to tell what number you were. Plus, there was a man in front of us who left (I guess he was #13) and then tried to come back half an hour later. We got to the register, having watched the line jumper be refused his chance and the lady in front of us get the last laptop, and got told "sorry all gone".

What REALLY burned was that we watched an employee leave the store at around 4:30 with one of those laptops - which probably should have been ours.

(Second issue with the same line was that we watched another employee bring up several of the GameBoys that were on sale and "hide" them under the register - and when we asked about them were told "no, you didn't see anything like that - GameBoys are all in Lawn and Garden". So, how many other things were held back here?)

Three different Walmart managers told us 3 different numbers. The first one said 36, the next one said 24, then I heard they gave thirty vouchers. Okay, at least my daughter and I both got ours. Got in line @ 1130 pm, was third in line. Had to sprint race all the way to electronics, got #6 and #7 vouchers. It was crazy at this WM, but they were super! It's in a small town about 3 hours away from any big box stores, but said they would price match any item the big box stores had on sale. Problem is, can't get the ads up here!!!

There was only 12 in Storm Lake and instead of giving tickets the managers just stood behind the counter and had a free for all. A friend of mind wanted one for school and had been there since 3 but didn`t get one. What happened to the ticket system? I was very disappointed in our WALMART .:rant: