For those who have the Walmart Laptop...

Specz

What does your model say on you laptop? Mine says ze2000 while the box says ze2308wm. Also when I checked the specs out, it says its running at 745 mhz while on the box it says 1.6 Ghz. I appreciate your guys help :D . I hope I'm not getting cheated here or else I will have to exchange this :mad: .

I don't have the computer, but it sounds like SpeedStep is activated, like youm0nt said, to save battery life.

When the computer boots, tap F2 repeatedly until the BIOS settings appear. Search for the SpeedStep setting, and turn SpeedStep off. Make sure you don't change anything else, as you could seriously mess up the system if you're not careful! When you save and reboot, your computer will run at full speed all the time.

Good luck and congrats on snagging the laptop!

Can't remember, but if the laptop has an AMD processor, then that might be right. AMD is able to get more performance out of their processors than Intel does, and market them different. For example, My wife's computer is an AMD Athlon 1700+. But the actual mhz are 1100. But it performs at the same level as an Intel P4 1700.