Any injuries?!

alimfp

Actual injuries, not aches and pains (my legs hurt though, lol).

Any injuries? Just curious.. I thought it wouldn't happen at the one store I went too (Fred Meyer aka Kroger). But sure enough, I heard a woman yell out and then a BIG bang. I look over and there's a woman on the floor in the shoe dept. I am not sure what happened but yes, they called an ambulance.

Okay, I've been lurking for a month, but I had to share the injury (or whatever it was).

DH and I walked into Kohl's and we see some people hovered around a person who is on the floor in the checkout line. It's a young woman sprawled face down and moaning. I tried to just glance and figure out if she had gotten sick, fainted, tripped, but couldn't.

We did our shopping and as we came back to the front, EMS was loading her and taking her out. I overheard someone say she may have been pregnant, but she didn't look pregnant to me. However, we we passed by her the first time, the back of her pants were wet, not like she'd messed herself, just wet.

It was a scary situation. I hope she's all right. And more importantly, I hope they held the stuff she was getting ready to pay for!

Kristina

She was reaching for the SPs and some idiot bit her on the finger but no way to tell who it was because there were about 50-75 people all piled on top of each other trying to get them. Mom got hit in the head and nearly shoved down getting the portable dvd players. The people behind her were so nice while waiting in line, when they opened them she was trying to pass them back to them and they started reaching over her, hitting her in the head, and shoving her. Our WM was a total disaster area and the employees tried their best keep it under control but that just did not happen. I would like to add that daughter got 2 SPs and mom got her dvd player, too.

Guest all2tired
OMG somebody bit her? That's horrible! Glad they got what they wanted though. Hope both are ok now oh and if the bite broke the skin, she should see a doctor. human bites are worse than dog bites

Not sure of the whole story, just the aftermath. Someone turing into our Kmart parking lot ended up with their car upside down in the median! The road has huge skid marks and car parts and a big spot where you can see the car ended up. No clue how it got upside down, or what. It knocked out power to quite a large area too! I didn't think Kmart had anything THAT worthwhile!

P.S. just checked our local paper online and it was a 3 car accident. A mini van ended upside down, a big truck smashed it's front and not sure what other vehicle was involved. Ouch!

I got hit on the head by 2 cabbage patch dolls at wallyworld. But that was all. Made the mistake of being right by the pallet when they opened it and every one snatched and grabbed! The associates there (who were very nice) were trying to hand the dolls to people, but people pushed and shoved and grabbed and threw them to each other!

And then there was electronics.... I DIDN't even try to go in there! I heard screaming and yelling and gripping half a store a way! Yuck!

June

This is why I went to best buy at 10am instead of 2am...all I wanted was a Playstation 2 and a few games and accessories and that 20 inch tv for my grandmother. Because I picked up a memory chip as well, I was able to check out at the geek squad area at customer service. Dispite waiting over 20 mins to help me check out, I was in and out of that store within an hour..poor saps still in the 2 hr line hehehe :)

Anyways local news camera crew caught a stampeed on tape and a women being trampled and NO ONE was helping her get up. She was later shown being taken into an ambulence. I can see the look in her face as I know she will be filing a lawsuit against the store and those people who trampled her.

NOTHING, AND I DO MEAN NOTHING NO MATTER HOW GOOD THE DEAL LOOKS IS WORTH YOUR HEALTH OR LIFE!!! Just let the monkey's run and kill themselves, just get low priority items after the crazyness has past and you will be safe.

Not sure of the whole story, just the aftermath. Someone turing into our Kmart parking lot ended up with their car upside down in the median! The road has huge skid marks and car parts and a big spot where you can see the car ended up. No clue how it got upside down, or what. It knocked out power to quite a large area too! I didn't think Kmart had anything THAT worthwhile!

P.S. just checked our local paper online and it was a 3 car accident. A mini van ended upside down, a big truck smashed it's front and not sure what other vehicle was involved. Ouch!

If it wasn't for the bit about the power, I'd swear you lived where I do. We too had an accident at the entrance to our Kmart that resulted in an upside down vehicle.

No injuries here, though I'm kind of sore from all the walking/running. Plus the cold.

This is why I went to best buy at 10am instead of 2am...all I wanted was a Playstation 2 and a few games and accessories and that 20 inch tv for my grandmother. Because I picked up a memory chip as well, I was able to check out at the geek squad area at customer service. Dispite waiting over 20 mins to help me check out, I was in and out of that store within an hour..poor saps still in the 2 hr line hehehe :)

Anyways local news camera crew caught a stampeed on tape and a women being trampled and NO ONE was helping her get up. She was later shown being taken into an ambulence. I can see the look in her face as I know she will be filing a lawsuit against the store and those people who trampled her.

NOTHING, AND I DO MEAN NOTHING NO MATTER HOW GOOD THE DEAL LOOKS IS WORTH YOUR HEALTH OR LIFE!!! Just let the monkey's run and kill themselves, just get low priority items after the crazyness has past and you will be safe.

I saw that same exact piece of video footage. I must say however, that I didn't feel very much sympathy for the one particular woman you are talking about for the sheer fact that she NEVER tried to get up. Her wig came off and she was laying on the ground discretely trying to put it back on. COME ON!!! Be smarter than that...could she not withstand a couple moments of embarrassment to save herself from trampling injuries? She was far more concerned with getting that wig back on her head than getting herself out of danger.

I just saw a thing on tv on my news about Beaumont Texas Walmart, how an employee or security guard maced customers who were waiting in line for electronics!!! Yikes! I'd say lawsuit, especially if it wasn't for anything major..could you imagine if there were small kids involved in that?!. I'm thankful that I didn't hit walmart first today!!!

It was crazy. I just wonder how this year will affect next year's BF!?!? I think they did pretty well in sales but not so good in safety. Once we got our laptops in hand they told us they were not responsible for what happens after that. I took my chances and got it, and ran for my life. I love BF and I got all of the goodies I was after, but there is going to have to be some changes made in the issue of how BF is handled and safety issues. I think the shoppers are getting more aggressive every year. Last year there were fights, but this year they took it to a whole other level.